User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by rewogd View Post
    Maybe it's not RUDE to clear a shelf but it's frustrating for both the customer and the staff. I know when I go in and the item is completely gone it drives me nuts. Zellers has Lever soap/body wash on for $1.99 with the coupon the body wash is $.99. At that price I don't mind picking up 2 for me and 2 for my mother. I went there and it was all gone the day the sale started. For me that was kind of a bummer
    What do you think the chances are there's more in the back?

Mennonite
    Trading Score
    152 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by MercuryBlue View Post
    Exactly.

KMammy pretty much makes a perfect point, here. If I were having a party (or just really liked a certain kind of food) and went to a random store and bought 30+ of something at regular price, completely clearing the shelves, nobody would say boo about it. If I do this during a sale, or while using a coupon, I'm suddenly a lesser human being.

That being said, the most I've ever purchased of one item at one time was nine. And that 'cleared the shelf', because the store didn't have much in stock to begin with. Would I have bought more if given the chance? Maybe, I don't know. I guess that makes me rude but, really, I don't care. I make up for it in other ways... like, I'm a really big tipper. And I rarely make people cry.

The thing is... how often do you see someone going to a random store and clearing the shelf of a none sale item with out coupons. If the product isn't on sale then chances are you'll be able to get one or two. It's when the product goes on sale and there's nothing left when it gets frustrating... With that being said. When Wal Mart had their Minigos on for $1.49. I picked up 4 and wished I had brought 2 more coupons as we go through a lot... so maybe if I had more coupons I would have cleared the shelf... who knows

Mennonite
    Trading Score
    152 (99%)

Good question and when I've gone in for a certain item I have asked and there has never been any. Which is why it's frustrating for the staff too

Harbinger of Cheerios MercuryBlue's Avatar
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

The thing is... how often do you see someone going to a random store and clearing the shelf of a none sale item with out coupons. If the product isn't on sale then chances are you'll be able to get one or two. It's when the product goes on sale and there's nothing left when it gets frustrating... With that being said. When Wal Mart had their Minigos on for $1.49. I picked up 4 and wished I had brought 2 more coupons as we go through a lot... so maybe if I had more coupons I would have cleared the shelf... who knows
    I've cleared the shelves of regular-priced items on MANY occassions. Usually because of parties or some major event, but it happens.

Don't get me wrong- I completely agree it's frustrating when I go into a store to buy something and find nothing in stock. But I rarely curse other shoppers for my misfortune. More often than not, I'm annoyed at the store for not having enough.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good question and when I've gone in for a certain item I have asked and there has never been any. Which is why it's frustrating for the staff too
    I guess that's why they're getting paid money for doing it.

Edit: and before 50 people jump down my throat, I've worked retail my entire adult life.
    Last edited by cheapass; Sun, Jun 12th, 2011 at 10:11 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Before I started using coupons, and when I didn't live near a Walmart or Superstore, when I did get to one of these stores I'd buy tons of whatever I needed because even at regular price it was cheaper than my little local grocery store. I'm sure I cleared the shelf many times without even thinking about it.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Why Cheapass, you.....ass.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by KMammy View Post
    Why Cheapass, you.....ass.
    I had no one to teach me manners back then

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

ANNOUNCER: And now a story about couponing, miscommunication, and general malcontent gone mad. We go live to our reporter Fruitis Haffof for the latest.

Fruitis Haffof: Thanks. I'm here with the manager, Don Givashiff - Don, can you tell me what happened.

Don Givashiff: Actually, the "o" is a hard "o", like in "own". You were pronouncing it like "Dawn".

(crickets)

DG: Oh....right.....Anyway, I asked the stockboy to get rid of some of the expired canned goods on the shelf. He was almost finished for the day and had changed out of his work clothes when I asked him to do one more thing before he left. So he grabbed a cart and started clearing the shelf of the expired canned goods, piling them into the cart.

FH: And what happened next?

DG: Well, then this crazy horde came running over. I wasn't actually there, but witnesses say they yelled something like "Death to shelf clearers" and "Leave some for the rest of us" and "I didn't work all day to miss out on this deal!!" and so forth.

FH: And then what happened.

DG: Well, things got a little out of hand. First they knocked him down with the single serve Skinny Cow ice cream cups, then they showered him with the Nexxus shampoo - see Health and Beauty is only one aisle over. That would have been the end of it, but he fell slipped on some shampoo that dribbled on the floor, fell back, and was buried in a hail of Scott's paper towel.

FH: Is that on sale this week?

DG: Yeah, the two packs are $1.99 - the paper is only one-ply and sucks, but if you've got that printable coupon that people seem to be coming in with stacks of, well then it's pretty much free except for the tax.

FH: Will the stockboy survive.

DG: He will, but he's currently only at about 70 percent.

FH: Could be worse, life could have cut him a 90 percent off coupon.

(crickets)

FH: Too soon?

DG: Probably

FH: This is Fruitis Haffof, sending it back to the studio.

ANNOUNCER: Wow, I hope he at least got some points for his trouble. Oh well, at least he avoided death by a thousand coupon cuts.....

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

OMG why can't I rep you again Tinny?!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by TINMACK View Post
    ANNOUNCER: And now a story about couponing, miscommunication, and general malcontent gone mad. We go live to our reporter Fruitis Haffof for the latest.

Fruitis Haffof: Thanks. I'm here with the manager, Don Givashiff - Don, can you tell me what happened.

Don Givashiff: Actually, the "o" is a hard "o", like in "own". You were pronouncing it like "Dawn".

(crickets)

DG: Oh....right.....Anyway, I asked the stockboy to get rid of some of the expired canned goods on the shelf. He was almost finished for the day and had changed out of his work clothes when I asked him to do one more thing before he left. So he grabbed a cart and started clearing the shelf of the expired canned goods, piling them into the cart.

FH: And what happened next?

DG: Well, then this crazy horde came running over. I wasn't actually there, but witnesses say they yelled something like "Death to shelf clearers" and "Leave some for the rest of us" and "I didn't work all day to miss out on this deal!!" and so forth.

FH: And then what happened.

DG: Well, things got a little out of hand. First they knocked him down with the single serve Skinny Cow ice cream cups, then they showered him with the Nexxus shampoo - see Health and Beauty is only one aisle over. That would have been the end of it, but he fell slipped on some shampoo that dribbled on the floor, fell back, and was buried in a hail of Scott's paper towel.

FH: Is that on sale this week?

DG: Yeah, the two packs are $1.99 - the paper is only one-ply and sucks, but if you've got that printable coupon that people seem to be coming in with stacks of, well then it's pretty much free except for the tax.

FH: Will the stockboy survive.

DG: He will, but he's currently only at about 70 percent.

FH: Could be worse, life could have cut him a 90 percent off coupon.

(crickets)

FH: Too soon?

DG: Probably

FH: This is Fruitis Haffof, sending it back to the studio.

ANNOUNCER: Wow, I hope he at least got some points for his trouble. Oh well, at least he avoided death by a thousand coupon cuts.....
    Oh, Gord.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KMammy View Post
    OMG why can't I rep you again Tinny?!
    That'll do, KMammy(tears welling up in eyes) that'll do....

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheapass View Post
    I had no one to teach me manners back then
    Oh my dear girl, tell me darling; did you also have to walk barefoot uphill to school in a blizzard?

Mennonite
    Trading Score
    152 (99%)

Ok, I guess I've just never cleared a shelf of anything before. But I do know as a former retail manager how frustrating it can be when a customer is asking for a product that you don't have and can't get them any more of that product simply because you don't have it. I have been yelled at because there wasn't a certain product out and it wasn't my fault.... I most certainly wasn't getting paid for that

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TINMACK View Post
    That'll do, KMammy(tears welling up in eyes) that'll do....
    Subtext speaks volumes, don't it?
    Last edited by KMammy; Sun, Jun 12th, 2011 at 10:27 PM. Reason: cause what my brain says and what my fingers type so rarely has anything to do with what goes on here

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information