User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By baggypants

Thread: Home Depot SCOP or nope?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    79 (100%)

Was at Home Depot today to buy a small shelving unit. The shelves are $15.99 (Sunday only sale). Get to the cash register and it rings up at $25.99. I asked about SCOP, the cashier says no. Asked for a Supervisor, and she says all of there Sunday only specials have been ringing in incorrectly, and that SCOP doesn't apply because the item doesn't have a shelf sticker. From what I have read SCOP should have applied as it was advertised in their flyer. What do you all think?
    This thread is currently associated with: Home Depot

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

The price of the scanned product must be higher than "the shelf price". So no shelf price for Sunday Specials probably gets around the rules.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

If the item was advertised in the flyer at $15.99, then SCOP does apply...from the Retail Council of Canada website:

On a claim being presented by the customer, where the scanned price of a product at checkout is higher than the price displayed in the store or than advertised by the store, the lower price will be honoured; and
    • (a) if the correct price of the product is $10 or less, the retailer will give the product to the customer free of charge; or
      (b) if the correct price of the product is higher than $10, the retailer will give the customer a discount of $10 off the corrected price.
    mandy403 likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    79 (100%)

Thanks for your responses! I had a feeling they were making up the rules as they went along. I'll call the number listed on the SCOP policy (I borrowed the cashier's pen to write it down).

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

They absolutely should have given this item to you as a SCOP. I would go back to them and ask for the store manager. Take the SCOP policy. Regardless of it being a special or not, it should still be ringing in right (definetely not your problem) .... go get your money back! woo hoo!

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

This happened to me today! I purchased the 2 light fixtures for $8.99 and they scanned in at $12.99 which was the regular price. The cashier who was quite defensive stated that those were not the same ones. It was same brand, same size and there was a pile full with the sale tag hanging off. They brought the same set and she again said they were not the ones. I told her SCOP would apply since they had the"wrong ones" and she said no it didn't. After 15 mins of arguing I wanted to leave as I am very pregnant and irritated!
    I am so mad I never want to shop there again.

Melanie

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

The Scop site states 2 Home Hardware franchisees now is the 2 a typo or does that mean only 2 stores in Ontario participate. The store in Brantford says they have never heard of the program. I want to know if they all do or dont, how can I find out?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by QueenH View Post
    The Scop site states 2 Home Hardware franchisees now is the 2 a typo or does that mean only 2 stores in Ontario participate. The store in Brantford says they have never heard of the program. I want to know if they all do or dont, how can I find out?
    They should SCOP stickers on the door and on or near the cash registers.

Thread Information