User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Gaiagirl
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I use my CTC card for shopping and paying off balance each month - the points for gas really add up, and I don't mind as much when I have to buy a new hose, sawhorses, etc. I think I might look into the MBNA card, though.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have an air miles credit card but it is limited in what you can purchase with it. My friend mentioned she got the PC card and she got so many bonus points she had purchased food for free twice already. I know she is happy. There is also the Walmart Master card that would earn you points and you can by free groceries with. I am not very familiar with how companies look at your credit but I have noticed that the more cards I have more of them are willing to give me one. This does not mean that I need to have them all. I think how much credit is available to you is not as important as how you handled it in the past. If I get a the PC card or the walmart card I will definitely cancel my airmiles card though.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

If I may add, I had the PC card for two years, it's only 1% return on all your purchases, 2% at loblaws stores. The points are only usable only at a loblaws stores (Maxi, loblaw, etc). I cancelled it for the MBNA smart cash card because it's a low payback. MBNA give 1% on all purchases and 3% (up to 18$, the first 600$) on all grocery and gas purchases. They send you a check when you reach 50$. To date, I had 2 checks in three months intervals. So the MBNA is better than PC card.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I'm totally happy with my PC Mastercard.
    Got it in March. Use it to buy groceries, gas, and car repairs, some dining out, some gifts.
    Have got $90 of free groc. so far (with the bonus coupons that came with it).
    Now gonna save my points up for summer and use them to buy school supplies in Aug/Sept.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I only have two credit cards, and I insist that the available credit never increase. No need to have a credit card with a huge about of credit available with it.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by truchit@71 View Post
    again ladies please read what iam writting i dint know you get something free when you sing up.. thank you for the info on the credit but please dont make me feel bad or make me feel like i sing up just to get something free.. i do have coupons for free stuff if i wanted some.. again just in case you didnt read it i didnt know that when you sing up you got free stuff.. and thank you next time i will ignore it.. but i am happy with my mini burger those are for my kids luch for the rest of the school yr.... happy couponing ladies...
    I already have my card and I love it. Cards can be our friends for points as long as we pay them off each month. I'd rather call them points cards not credit cards.
    Total earned to date $2425.00 saving for a trip : )
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Deoxis

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Derton View Post
    If I may add, I had the PC card for two years, it's only 1% return on all your purchases, 2% at loblaws stores. The points are only usable only at a loblaws stores (Maxi, loblaw, etc). I cancelled it for the MBNA smart cash card because it's a low payback. MBNA give 1% on all purchases and 3% (up to 18$, the first 600$) on all grocery and gas purchases. They send you a check when you reach 50$. To date, I had 2 checks in three months intervals. So the MBNA is better than PC card.
    They doubled mine up this year and it adds up quick. I posted the offer I got on here a few months back. They are coming along with the times.
    Total earned to date $2425.00 saving for a trip : )
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Deoxis

coupon trading
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

i have had a pc master card for awhile now and i dont overly like, not after looking at walmarts credit card, much better by a long run

Trading Score
    361 (100%)

I have been with PC since they started. They told us that we are in the first 1,000 to sign up. We have had over $3000 in free groceries in the 10+ years they have been around. I love my free banking, and don't miss standing in bank line-ups at all. I love my credit card also, and use it everytime I shop anywhere. If you want any more info, just pm me. They have a special on right now that if you apply with a referral from a current credit card holder you get $40 worth of free groceries instead of the in-store or online special of $20. I'd be happy to refer anyone. Just pm me. Must be done by the end of June though.
    Join me on swagbucks, and get an envelope worth $50 when you earn your first 100 swagbucks.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/anner2050

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I checked my receipt today and my points were way higher than they should be so I checked online at what was added. 20,000 pts were added(as expected from the online signup) but another 15,000 pts were added a few days later and I don't know why. So now they gave me a total of 55,000 pts for signing up I guess.

I earned $50 in Amazon Gift Cards in my first month at Swagbucks!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Scarecrow7

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ummali View Post
    I have been with pc banking since 1997. I have not paid monthly banking fees since 1997!
    Me too - long time user.
    I try to use my credit card very little.

We put my tuition, house insurance and car insurance payment on the credit card. They we pay them off before the next bill is due. PC has bumped me up to the next level, giving me more points than regular, because they think I make large purchases.

We use our ING accounts to save up the tuition, house insurance and car insurance -- a little each cheque. Then it's painless to pay these.

Plus we get the great points to us on groceries, or buy gift cards to give as gifts throughout the year -- Mother's Day, Father's Day, Christmas...

Mama of 4
    Trading Score
    68 (100%)

its a good card to have if you are approved...i was able to get some free stuff. I even got a $150 stroller out of it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It is a really good card. I use my points for gift cards (to Loblaws or any other store that they have gift cards for on their rack.) It's a better return than airmiles, but not as good as the Smart Cash mastercard. I use Smart Cash for gas and groceries and PC for everything else.
    A lot of people like the Shoppers Drug Mart card and the Walmart card too. It's a good idea to look at all the cards available and choose one or two that offer the best rewards for you. Then pay off your balance every month so that you aren't paying more in interest than your rewards are worth. Having one or two cards and paying off your balance is good for your credit rating.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

For those of you who weren't approved, did they send you a letter saying you weren't or do you just assume you didn't get approved? I signed up in the store around February and haven't heard a thing.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I'm not a fan of any of these store credit cards. Once upon a time we had a Walmart VISA card (I see they've now moved to Mastercard) that gave us jack s**t. Eventually it just turned into a rebate rewards Visa card - and it is actually nice to get a chunk of money back at the end of the year. (I think I've gotten $60 - $120 back each year for the last 2 or 3.) We've got the Canadian Tire MC but rarely use it. I want rid of all the credit cards anyway and detest using them.

I do hate how pushy the PC financial MC people are. Usually I just keep going right on by them and don't stop. I've had them follow me from their post to get me to sign up and I still don't stop. Last week I was at No Frills and some woman with a clipboard CUT ME OFF, stood directly in front of my cart (which I pulled to the side to let her pass) and started spouting off at me about the card. I said no and tried to steer around her, and she stood in front of me again. I was flabbergasted - I told her (LOUDLY) to get the F out of my way, that I didn't come shopping to be harrassed. I then wheeled my cart (full of meat and frozen goods) right up to the express lane and told the cashier to call a manager to put everything back if they didn't want it spoiled - I wasn't spending my money in that store if they allowed this sort of harrassment of their customers, and that I wouldn't be back until that b***h was gone. It felt satisfying.

These PC Mastercard idiots work on commission. They'll do what it takes to get you to sign up (besides the free stuff.) Do a search on their tactics sometime as well - people have been burned in the past because all of their personal information was exposed. The people signing you up in store DO NOT WORK FOR THE STORE. They take your personal information home with them at the end of their shift and submit your applications after the fact to their "district managers" or whatever. There's no security - your information is in the hands of someone who's being paid on commission, isn't screened and doesn't even have references necessarily. Some people have received no response to their application because the information was changed on it - and the credit card in their name is now in use at someone else's address! A family member got free cookies for signing up in store once. As a result he also got a three-year battle with the credit companies, the police department, collection agents and Equifax in trying to prove identity theft and fraud. He can't get a mortgage. He can't rent a car. He couldn't even get cable or a phone when he moved because he filled out this stupid form while he was grocery shopping.

If you want to sign up for a credit card, do it at the bank or financial institution directly, or through their actual online services. NOT through a third party. And you're much better off looking for one with no fees and low interest, as opposed to the "perks" - if you use it and slip up in payments, you'll be paying much more for your free crap in interest payments than you would if you chose a non-branded low-interest card in the first place.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information