User Tag List

CaLoonie vinceandcrystal@yahoo.ca's Avatar
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Hi Im hoping I can use my smart canucks friends to help plan the perfect family trip. Im looking to trade for coupons for attractions, food etc.. anything that will make our trip great. My son loves dinosaurs!!!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you're going Calgary there is coupons www.calgaryattractions.com/coupons.html and there is the Jurassic Forest north of Gibbons http://www.jurassicforest.com and you can get a Holiday Card from www.travelalberta.com one of participants is the Royal Tyrrell Museum
    Last edited by Poirot; Thu, Jul 28th, 2011 at 12:50 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We just went to Drumheller this last week. We had so much fun. The museum has a 2-day ticket that you can get or if you go after a certain time its a certain percentage of the price off, remember that kids under 6 are free. We camped instead of staying in a hotel and I opted for a higher priced campground because we were tenting and I wanted it to be comfortable ($35.50 a night but so worth it for the clean bathrooms and hot showers)! Our campground was fabulous with a heated outdoor pool and a big red barn to go and play family games, watch tv or just to get out of the rain, they even have a library! We found things to do in and around Drumheller that were free or almost free, East Coulee has a school museum FREE, they have the spray deck outside of the giant dinosaur FREE ( I personally think that the giant dinosaur is a waste of money, $10 to climb to the top off the dinosaur and look out while 40 people are rushing you to get down because they want their turn) the HooDoos FREE, the Atlas mine (which isn't free but has a really fun train ride ($9/per person). You can make a day out of going to take pictures of the kids around all of the dinosaurs down town, and my kids favorite was the Bleriot ferry FREE where you cross Red Deer River on a ferry! It was alot of fun! And far with in our budget, we even had money coming home!!!

Trading Score
    389 (100%)

I have a ton of attractions and restaurant coupons for Red Deer as well as attractions, restaurants, and hotels for Edmonton, Calgary, Banff, & Jasper that will expire Aug. 31 from the Student's Union Ticket Pack (too many to mention..pm me with where you want to go if you're interested.) I think there are also some for Drumheller in there.
    Also, don't forget to check your Airmiles points, we just scored 5 passes to West Edmonton Mall's Water Park and a nights stay at the Best Western nearby all with our Airmiles. Also, with our HBC rewards points we got "Night at the Movies" which includes popcorn and drinks that we will use at Silver City while were there. Loving that it's all FREE!

Our family has also spent days in Drumheller for very little cost. In addition to what nicmcgoo said there is also the Suspension Bridge, the Little Church (I think it seats like 6 people...kind of cute), the reptile museum, and a great ice cream place there.

Thread Information