User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyLaeticia View Post
    If you drive out of the city the vets are cheaper too... In Carleton Place I think I only pay about $200 on needle years, and much less for no needles. It was about the same in Osgoode when I lived there.
    I've heard about that too, there's a really good one out in Carp too.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

We go to Carling Animal too and it is always ridiculously expensive, usually 500+. Unfortunately we don't drive so we are kind of stuck with it, unless we want to pay for a pet taxi. If there are places doing shots for $200 it might be worth the $40 bucks for the cab tho. LOL.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's insanely expensive...I worked at a vet for 5 years and for a check up and shots, it was half that price.
    It's worth the drive out of the city...

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Thought I'd add that my dogs vet checkup this year was $60 in Carleton Place, no needles this year! We just went last week for it, so I know that's a current price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a rabbit and use Crown Pointe Animal Hospital. They are very friendly and before she was a patient and we called about an eye issue she was having the vet himself talked to me and gave me advice what to try. Not many places will do that. They will say right away come in and slap you with a huge bill. I did have to bring her in about a week later and with a full check up , nails cut , test on the infection and medication it was about $200.00. I felt that was high but he did do a lot for her and it was her 1st visit. He did advise to have her fixed and when he said $ 400.00's I was like whoa! Shes a Netherland Dwarf not a Great Dane!
    If I have any questions I just give them a call and they have the vet call me back with advice.
    On Good Friday she was sick and we were in a panic. Crown was closed as well as all the pet stores and we were at a loss what to do. My husband called around Ottawa and not one of the places that were open would give any advice what to do. Just bring her in and it would cost $100.00's just walking in the door and we would have to wait several hours. I had friends with rabbits give us idea's what to do and one drove across town with stuff to help her and in a matter of no time she was back to her terror toes self.
    I do recommend Crown Pointe..they are awesome , friendly , informative and kind.

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

I don't know how many people would want to make the drive, but in North Bay at the Airport Animal Clinic I pay about $50 per appointment even when the cat is getting a needle. For other things, the base check-up fee is about $40. Spay/Neuter is well under $200.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

We have 3 dogs so things can get expensive but we go to a vet in hull because ITS MUCH CHEAPER THEN OTTAWA! we love it there the docs are great, we even have his cell number for after hrs emergencies! We paid the same price in hull for 1 dog to get puppy shots and the other 2 to get their yearly shots as we did in ottawa for 1 to get her puppy shots.
    From what i understand in ottawa the vets dont get gov. funding so perscriptions especially are more expensive, where as in hull they do.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

We take our dogs to Britannia Heights Veterinary Clinic on Carling, Dr. Murray is fantastic. For 2 dogs it has never cost that much, and our boys are pretty big, its not far from where you go now, it might be worth checking into. If you can post what you had done i can go thru my records and tell you what i pay for mine. They also waive the heartworm test every other year.

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Well Leia is my hubby's "baby" and so no matter what they suggest he has to make sure she has EVERYTHING! He paid $500 for her teeth to get cleaned because they told him if he didn't do it she would have problems down the road. He also gets every optional shot there is. It's just nuts!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Saffron View Post
    I don't know how many people would want to make the drive, but in North Bay at the Airport Animal Clinic I pay about $50 per appointment even when the cat is getting a needle. For other things, the base check-up fee is about $40. Spay/Neuter is well under $200.

Was just there! Is it on Airport Road near Algonquin?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

It's insane what some vets charge! I live in Pembroke, and it costs several hundred dollars more here to get your dog fixed than it does in any neighbouring town, such as Cobden, or Renfrew. So we drove a little way, out of the way, but saved more than $300! That is crazy!!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    48 (100%)

I just went for a check up and shots for my dog yesterday. It cost about $150 (taxes in). I've been going to my vet clinic for over 5 years now and I really like it there. It's located on Beechwood. However, they did give me a quote to clean/descale my dog's teeth and the quote was just over $600! Yowza!

Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Took my woof to the vets today...3 shots for 120$
    Come on -Join me ! Get Points, get Free stuff

http://www.gifthulk.com/refer/kazm-l
    And if you need a link for Zoombucks or Irazoo ....let me know!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I love the one in the Glebe! Not the one near sunnyside, but in the avenues!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

My dog just got attacked by a bigger dog a couple of days ago and for xrays, stitches, sedation, pain and antibiotics cost 514, which is free for me cause other pet owner is paying. But that for a check up and needle is crazy. I usually go to the Billings Bridge Animal Hospital, they are pretty good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information