User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Is $438.00 a reasonable price for needles and a check up forf a 5 year old (healthy) dog? I can't believe it...the price at our vet just keeps going up and up and up.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

no; that seems a little rediculous. I don't even think that my dogs first set was that much; pretty much when I go to the vet the standard is 100-150 depending.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

there are some very expensive vets in ottawa. where did you go?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I was told this morning that a lot of people are taking their pets to Vets in the US because it's far cheaper! might be worth looking into.

moe
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

thats way to expensive, most I've ever paid was $200 that was for alot of shots needed every 3 years then $100 a year on average. The vet is in Maloney boul, Gatineau 819 663 5522.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

its cheap on the quebec side as well. i live like 10 minutes from hull so its not that bad for me... i also took my dog to the landsdown vet and their prices were similar to quebecs.

Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dia duit View Post
    thats way to expensive, most I've ever paid was $200 that was for alot of shots needed every 3 years then $100 a year on average. The vet is in Maloney boul, Gatineau 819 663 5522.
    Looks like we take our dogs to the same vet
    Come on -Join me ! Get Points, get Free stuff

http://www.gifthulk.com/refer/kazm-l
    And if you need a link for Zoombucks or Irazoo ....let me know!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Wow...that's crazy. I don't have a dog....have cats, but just to walk in it's $50. I had them both spayed and that was over $300.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

It was Carling Animal - near Woodroffe and Carling. I have heard that about Quebec too - thank you for posting that -- I will give them a call!!

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

If you drive out of the city the vets are cheaper too... In Carleton Place I think I only pay about $200 on needle years, and much less for no needles. It was about the same in Osgoode when I lived there.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ame555 View Post
    Is $438.00 a reasonable price for needles and a check up forf a 5 year old (healthy) dog?
    Only if it includes a full blood panel in the check-up. Remember, the new vaccination protocol for rabies is now every three years (more often can cause serious health issues related to vaccinosis...google "Dr. Jean Dodds' Vaccination Schedule" for more info).

I know it's not your question but I thought I'd throw this out there in case; ill dogs should never ever be vaccinated as their immune system is already weak. Please don't let any vet talk you into vaccinating a dog (or any animal) while they are ill or recovering from an illness and/or surgery.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by snuffaluffagus View Post
    Only if it includes a full blood panel in the check-up. Remember, the new vaccination protocol for rabies is now every three years (more often can cause serious health issues related to vaccinosis...google "Dr. Jean Dodds' Vaccination Schedule" for more info).

I know it's not your question but I thought I'd throw this out there in case; ill dogs should never ever be vaccinated as their immune system is already weak. Please don't let any vet talk you into vaccinating a dog (or any animal) while they are ill or recovering from an illness and/or surgery.
    Thanks for the info- no full blood panel.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

deleted
    Last edited by dharma_initiative; Fri, Oct 28th, 2011 at 01:23 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Iam 40min. from ottawa in St-isidore (15min. from casselman) and its about 100$ for check-up/needles for a cat.

DaneCrazySCNewbie fourfurryfeet's Avatar
    Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Holy Smokin!!! That's expensive, I only pay $150 every 3 years when my dogs get their shots (per dog) this doesn't include flea/tic/heartworm meds (revolution).

I wonder if the vet is trying to do a titre test on your dog?? If so then sure that's a good price if not then I would say look elsewhere!

Snuffal is right, every 3 years for rabies and also when having other innoculations done ask what they are for. There is no point in giving your dog the corona virus shot when this is intended for dogs that are in the wild during camping or what have you...not saying don't get it just saying be sure to ask what they are for...you are allowed to refuse a certain shot for any reason.

I can't help with locations since Barrie is a little far to travel for your dogs innoculations LOL!

Good luck!
    What do you mean you didn't use a coupon??????

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information