User Tag List

Trading Score
    110 (100%)

Expired
    When I respond to someone's post looking for a trade, I pull out all the coupons that I offer them and set them aside. But sometimes the person I've PM'ed doesn't respond...in those cases, how long should I leave those coupons sitting "out of bounds" before I offer them up in another trade or just use them myself?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

I would say that if they have been online and do not reply - 48 hours is plenty of time, and thats being generous!!

If they have not been online, maybe 72 hours. If you can use them yourself - or send to someone else, you are well entitled to do it. Unless a deal is made and set in stone - they are still yours.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    110 (100%)

Thanks...that's sort of what I thought, but I didn't want to upset anyone either, if they PM'd back a week later and I didn't have the coupons anymore!

By the way, I voted for your hubby...and the story you posted made me all weepy. So sweet! (I'll try to remember to vote again tomorrow!)

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    323 (100%)

I've always asked myself that question...I was way more generous with the time that I kept the coupons aside at first...up to a week. Now if they have been on, I'll save them for 48 hours.

Kings County Coupon Queen sarah_300c's Avatar
    Trading Score
    693 (100%)

I always wait 1 or 2 days. I will then send them a PM reminding them about our trade. Then I will wait another 1 or 2 days before I put their coupons back up for trade.

I also check to see if they have been on line to make sure they have read my messages.

Trading Score
    323 (100%)

I was wondering the exact same thing...I wish they would just make it a little bit easier and repond that they aren't interested or say no thank you! Then you can move along with your search!

Trading Score
    95 (100%)

I have had this happen several times and don't have the time to "go chasing" people so I specifically add in the message that I will hold them (usually up to 2 days) and then if I don't hear back from them then the coupons are there to trade with someone else.

Trading Score
    569 (100%)

I wait 24hrs and it I see the trader was online and did not respond then they are open to the first taker. I have often had 4 trades sitting waitting with no reply IMO it is just not fare to leave someone waiting. A simple no thanks is fine I am big and can take rejection!!LOL!!
    Want free Christmas shopping???
    get giftcards to Amazon!!

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Garysmom View Post
    Thanks...that's sort of what I thought, but I didn't want to upset anyone either, if they PM'd back a week later and I didn't have the coupons anymore!

By the way, I voted for your hubby...and the story you posted made me all weepy. So sweet! (I'll try to remember to vote again tomorrow!)
    Thanks for the vote!!!
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    565 (100%)

I am finding this thread quite interesting.

I also wait 1-2 days depending on weather the person has been on line before offering the coupons to someone else.

Recently I have had traders say they are interested in a trade and I reply back that I am interested within 2 hours.
    I than have got replies like this:
    “Sorry I no longer need the coupons I traded with someone else” or “sorry I got a better offer.”
    Basically they are offering their coupons to more than one trader at the same time.

Just to clarify the other trader has either initiated the trade or already said they were interested and asked for more details about my coupons.

I would love to see a how to post on Trade Etiquette.

Last edited by elayjosh; Wed, Jun 15th, 2011 at 07:37 PM.

Open a Tangerine (ING DIRECT) Account with $100 & use my Orange Key 22115175S1 we will both get $50.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    597 (100%)

I think you should respond to all trade e-mails asap, it is rude to keep people waiting.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

I find it works best to give a time frame as to how long you are willing to hold the coupons. I usually give 24 hours which leaves plenty of time for someone to get back to me if they are serious about trading.

Thread Information