User Tag List

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

There is a Coupon Donation Box set up at McDaniel's Independent Grocer in Nepean (200 Grant Carmen Drive) ...to benefit the Ottawa Food Bank. Great idea for anyone interested in helping fight hunger without spending a penny.
    They also have a milk bag bin on display as well. There is information posted as well as photo's to show what they are doing with the milk bags...if you are in the area you should check it out!
    This thread is currently associated with: Independent

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What a great idea and this is so good to know. I wonder if my local Independent would do that too.(Barrhaven) I have so many Pampers and baby coupons that I just know someone would benefit from using and I hate for them to go to waste. I'll definitely drop them off.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thanks!

Trading Score
    52 (100%)

I gotta check this out! Good idea!
    Wanna get prizes and gift cards just for surfing the web?http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Tuktu60

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Snowbirdie....this is the first donation box of its kind...but is it is successful then there will be more...
    HOWEVER....You can still give coupons to the Food Bank...just put them in a sealed envelope marked Coupon Donation and place it in any food bank donation bin...the driver will know who to give it to.
    Thanks for giving!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

bump

Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

out of curiosity what does it mean when you "bump?" Anyhow about 20 years ago when I first started couponing there used to be a box in the front of grocery stores with millions of coupons in them.. I stopped couponing ofr a few years and so I had forgotten about this. What a fab idea though.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

"Bumping" a thread brings it to the top of the list of recent posts.

It also can occur if it is an older thread and another member thinks it worthy to remind other members about it, thus they type "bump" or perhaps some words explaining why they feel inclined to renew discussion in the thread. Sometimes members only read the forum for a little while and when they do catch up on their favourite categories, they reply to older threads.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Snowbirdie....this is the first donation box of its kind...but is it is successful then there will be more...
    HOWEVER....You can still give coupons to the Food Bank...just put them in a sealed envelope marked Coupon Donation and place it in any food bank donation bin...the driver will know who to give it to.
    Thanks for giving
    I never knew that! Thank you for letting me know.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

one of our local thrift store has one of these.. you can take freely. or donate.. its so cool. if i run out of something important. or need more.. i know where to go

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Mrs Sunshine...this coupon box is not one that you can take freely from...its just for donations.
    My concern was that many people would just take coupons and no one would give any. Unfortunately you can't trust everyone and so to avoid conflict, we made it just a donation box.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Please tell everyone you know....help fight hunger without spending a penny!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I put a whole bunch in the other day! its good to know that they will not go to waste if i cant use them or if they are going to expire! and i love that they will go to someone who really needs them.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks for giving tcri!
    Just remember for the ones that are going to expire...it takes time to get the coupons to the food bank, and then from there to those who will use them. Please try to ensure there is enough time between the day you donate and the expiry of the coupon. Ideally 30 days...
    Thank you so much, from the Bottom of my heart.
    BareBottoms

Help struggling parents & babies in need - donate those leftover diapers your baby has outgrown www.BareBottomsOttawa.com

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I have to admit, the donation box is not doing as well as I thought it would. The most disaapointing part is this. I have put information sheets on where to get free coupons for the public to take. I have filled the basket 3-4 times with 15 flyers each time, so thats about 45-60 info sheets. I mention on it that one way to help is to order all of the coupons from save.ca and give the ones you will not use to the food bank. So the basket empties on a regular basis, but the coupons are no where to be found. So I did all this hard work and put in the effort for all these people to get free coupons and not give one back to the cause. I am losing faith. I never realized how selfish people could be. I hope I find a reason to restore that faith.
    It may be that I am totally bummed that this idea is not panning out the way I originally thought it would. There has been much positive feedback about the idea itself but the implementation has not gone according to plan.
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve the success rate of this coupon donation box?
    BareBottoms

Help struggling parents & babies in need - donate those leftover diapers your baby has outgrown www.BareBottomsOttawa.com

Thread Information