User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Hi, has anyone used the wub2 get 3.00 off any old spice at giant tiger for the 0.97 shaving cream? I went today and the cashier wouldnt let me .
    This thread is currently associated with: Giant Tiger

Coupon Queenie #376
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I seen that too and was wondering the same thing...which GT were you at?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

They do. I have the email from head office... here's what it said :

Thank you for taking the time to e-mail us. Please note that if it is a valid manufacturers' coupon with the manufacturer's information available (i.e includes instructions to retailers, barcode, expiry date etc), we do accept coupons. As for your second question our system is not currently linked to the item and Manufacturer's coupons are treated as tender. For this reason, the full amount of the coupon would be applied. Internet coupons are particularly troublesome as most do not have the required elements for stores to accept. We do not allow more then one coupon per item (stacking).
    Please note that the store owner will have the final word on which coupon his store is accepting.

Your interest in Giant Tiger is appreciated.

Marie Michelle Cadieux
    Human Resources Associate
    (613) 521-8222, extension 2241

I printed out the email and took it with me to the London Ave location, where I used the 2.50 purina One coupons on the trial size. I showed it to Customer Service first, and she read it and said "oK" then when i checked out, the CS lady told the cashier that it was ok to apply the full value of the coupon as long as i wasnt getting cash back, which was fine by me... I used the overage to pay for other items.

Good luck!

Ps: i just hit the "contact us" section on their website to email whoever for that email. feel free to do the same if you wish!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

also, what shaving cream deal???? haha. I havent been paying enough attention i guess... Old Spice makes shaving cream? and it's 97c?? for how long??

Trading Score
    26 (93%)

I sent Giant Tiger a very thorough e-mail about their policy. My questions were formed using the new Walmart policy as a base. The only question they didn't answer, was the overage question. I replied back again with:

Apologies but I noticed some missing information:

When the coupon value exceeds the price of the item purchased, what is Giant Tiger's policy regarding the situation?

Their response:

These issues will be dealt with on a case by case basis and at store level.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort - Herm Albright (1876-1944)

Trading Score
    323 (100%)

I was there a couple weeks ago (Pembina) and I used a $3.50 off Purina Dog Chow coupon, and the product was on sale for $2.98. I had no issues using it, but I was also purchasing other items...were you buying other items as well, so they could put the overage towards your other items?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jenp View Post
    I was there a couple weeks ago (Pembina) and I used a $3.50 off Purina Dog Chow coupon, and the product was on sale for $2.98. I had no issues using it, but I was also purchasing other items...were you buying other items as well, so they could put the overage towards your other items?

I was at the pembina location also, and yes I was purchasing other items but they still wouldn't let me.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

Didn't have a problem using it, I was also buying a lot of other things with coupons, depends on who you get I guess

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I used some of the $1 off one coupons and they reduced my coupons to $0.97.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

the one on regent does not let you have the overage, they make the coupon for what the sale price is ex went there for purina dog chow on sale $2.98 my coupon was for $3.50 she told me they can't allow the overage but can make the coupon for $2.98

Thread Information