User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

kel,

Here are pages 6 & 7 from this week's flyer. The name brand offers are on at the bottom. There are other offers throughout the flyer as well. The offer on the Method hand soap effectively brings the price down on average to $1.02 a bottle. (If you have coupons!!!!! Even better).

This week and next they also have a Buy 5 Get 50 AMs on about 300 products with the Heart & Stroke endorsement on them. Many of these items are in the $2 range. I bought a lot of no-salt added tomatoes large tins for $2.16 each getting $1.10 worth of AMs on each one ($1.33 on BW GCs).

Also, they have a Spend $100 Get 100 AirMiles offer on worth on average $11 to a consumer.

Adding to that Safeway gives 1 AM/$20 spent (= an extra 5 on $100).

And my credit card $1 AM/$10 spent at Safeway for another 10AMs on $100.

Add all that together and combined with coupons where possible it kicks any other loyalty program to smithereens.

OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I though collecting AM was a good thing, until I used my little balance on 5 Cineplex Vouchers so I could spend some time with friends at a show and then off to McDonalds for an ice-cream treat (2 for 1 using a cineplex receipt). How shocked was I when I tried to use them to find that they all had expiry dates on them, and mine had expired! What did Air Miles say when I contacted them.....................too bad! How is that for good customer service!
    Last edited by anniehuffy; Tue, Jun 21st, 2011 at 07:03 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    40 (100%)

[QUOTE=nadiabreckon;3549145]
    Quote Originally Posted by bee4256 View Post
    A few of the posters mentioned waiting until the strike was over - I'm not sure why though, its up to air miles to get it to us regardless of the strike, and they usually take a few weeks anyhow to arrive. QUOTE]

Air Miles is in the same boat as EVERYONE else in Canada with this strike, so whether you think they have to get it to us regardless is kinda silly because not one person can get anything to anybody else in the country because of the strike. If it were an electronic gift card, then yes they still should get it to you, but when it's something that has to come in the mail then I don't think it's fair that you made such comments.

I'm waiting on a cheque from cancelling my life insurance policy and in no way am I holding the company responsible for getting my $$ to me even though Canada Post is on strike. IMHO
    Sorry you misunderstood me, my point is once you order it, they owe it to you no matter what timeframe it comes in, so I ordered a GC yesterday from AM for a certain amount (175 AM) and no matter how long the strike lasts, they owe me that GC, whether it arrives tomorrow or 1 year from now. If tomorrow they increase the number of AM needed for that GC to 225, I still only had to 'pay' them 175 AM because the transaction is complete. So the strike does not need to impact when I order it, but rather when it arrives, which will not impact its value.

Safeway certainly does sound like it offers better incentives thru AM, someone should share this with Metro, the AM are not an incentive to shop there at all!
    Last edited by bee4256; Tue, Jun 21st, 2011 at 08:15 PM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

On the air miles site there is a little on the sobeys / foodland picture saying changes coming July 30 (for atlantic canada). I ordered all the gift cards i could for groceries!
    Last edited by 050937k2; Wed, Jul 6th, 2011 at 08:33 AM.

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 050937k2 View Post
    On the air miles site there is a little on the sobeys / foodland picture saying changes coming July 30 (for atlantic canada). I ordered all the gift cards i could for groceries!
    Thanks for the heads up!!!!
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

See they only gave me 25 AMs for the last month of the Toolbar even though I had over 300 Searches.

Oh, Well! $0.575 diff.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I just found this thread. So my question is there a way to use SDM points and switch them to HBC? I am looking like a hoarder with my collection of TP, soap, etc. and would like to buy my daughter a dyson or a set of pots and pans. Any suggestions?

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Not that I'm aware of but if there were and it's anything like the exchange for HBC/Z points it would be a terrible offer (you lose over 1/2 your purchasing power exchanging).
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dagney View Post
    I just found this thread. So my question is there a way to use SDM points and switch them to HBC? I am looking like a hoarder with my collection of TP, soap, etc. and would like to buy my daughter a dyson or a set of pots and pans. Any suggestions?
    You could try www.points.com

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    256 (100%)

Mom just tried to order a pile of Starbucks GCs last night from Air Miles and they were no longer available.

Kept telling her to stop procrastinating it!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I just order $100 in Sobey's GCs. They say on the picture that the offer is changing July 30th, so I am assuming the points needed will go up.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    138 (100%)

AM got rid of a lot of GC's, the Keg, Cara Foods, Chapters... so many are gone. Like many people I was waiting till after the strike to order mine (we are using it as prizes at a party). I had to settle on 2 Boston Pizza and 2 HBC cards.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I love airmiles, especially when you have an expensive prescription regularly filled at Safeway. My husband heard rumor of the 7x the airmiles for prescriptions ending. Has anyone else?

We've redeemed for electronics, BW stays, movie tickets, appliances, a Peg Perego stroller that I'd never pay retail for. It bought us most of the kids' big ticket items last xmas. I shop at enough sponsors to qualify for the Gold card each year. Now if only I had a BMO AM credit card as well!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

I emailed them and they said in a few days all the points will be adjusted so lets wait and see what happens.. since i only got 20 points for 300 searches!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sewcraftygirl View Post
    I love airmiles, especially when you have an expensive prescription regularly filled at Safeway. My husband heard rumor of the 7x the airmiles for prescriptions ending. Has anyone else?

We've redeemed for electronics, BW stays, movie tickets, appliances, a Peg Perego stroller that I'd never pay retail for. It bought us most of the kids' big ticket items last xmas. I shop at enough sponsors to qualify for the Gold card each year. Now if only I had a BMO AM credit card as well!
    I hope the 7x airmiles is not ending, this sicko has over $400 a month on prescriptions

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information