User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

When I first went into Dollarama I went to the manager, asked him if he was accepting coupons yet he said YES>>>. He had gotten a email with the policy,,, NOW the good part,,, I was in the next asile and overheard him tell a cashier how do do the deduction on the coupon... wth... anyway I get to the cash a young cashier there.. pass the St ives and coupons,,, humm we dont take coupons yet I heard about it but we dont' take them yet... Call the manager,,,, so the cashiser he was talking to in the asile.. came and was trying o figure out how to deduct the coupons.. hummmm Manager shows up,,, You have to ring everything in first, make sure the coupon is what the product is..... then you deduct the amt of the coupon as if it is tender....
    WTH,,,,, he's had a copy of the policy for friggin weekkkkkkkk and hadn't told them
    how to enter them in the system... Now by this time LOng line up , I did say sorry to the ppl.. and all I got back was omg they use coupons here... yeah...
    To be exact, I felt sorry for the employees as the manager NEVER said or explain how to use the darn things.... But I did get my St IVss body wash at .50 each lol

Trading Score
    707 (100%)

what $$ store was this???
    Quote Originally Posted by grannyg View Post
    When I first went into Dollarama I went to the manager, asked him if he was accepting coupons yet he said YES>>>. He had gotten a email with the policy,,, NOW the good part,,, I was in the next asile and overheard him tell a cashier how do do the deduction on the coupon... wth... anyway I get to the cash a young cashier there.. pass the St ives and coupons,,, humm we dont take coupons yet I heard about it but we dont' take them yet... Call the manager,,,, so the cashiser he was talking to in the asile.. came and was trying o figure out how to deduct the coupons.. hummmm Manager shows up,,, You have to ring everything in first, make sure the coupon is what the product is..... then you deduct the amt of the coupon as if it is tender....
    WTH,,,,, he's had a copy of the policy for friggin weekkkkkkkk and hadn't told them
    how to enter them in the system... Now by this time LOng line up , I did say sorry to the ppl.. and all I got back was omg they use coupons here... yeah...
    To be exact, I felt sorry for the employees as the manager NEVER said or explain how to use the darn things.... But I did get my St IVss body wash at .50 each lol

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bridgewater Dollarama takes them now too, i had to take in an copy of an email I received, and it took alot of arguing, but they eventually called HQ and got the go ahead, it would have been nice if the stores were notified about the new policy.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bricon1621 View Post
    what $$ store was this???

The Dollarama in Amherst,...

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by grannyg View Post
    I sent the email so I could have at least proof that the store does, that way they can't argue,,, I specified the Amherst store... got a email back in 2 hrs... You might want to t ry that..
    Very wise to get something to print off and to take in. Saves a lot of hassle.
    For my referral to Swagbucks, click this link.

http://www.swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=1265083

M-E
    Female
    CaToonie
    Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Just thought I'd let everyone know that the Dollorama in Dartmouth (by the bridge) accepted my coupons this morning, without problems. The cashiers didn't know how to enter them in, but the manager was there and explained it to them.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (80%)

What kinds of things are you getting there? I need to go have a look and see what coupons I have. I don't have any Nivea and that's the only deal I've heard about other than toothpaste locally.

M-E
    Female
    CaToonie
    Trading Score
    107 (100%)

The Dartmouth Bridge one has Axe Body Wash for $2.00, so $1.00 if you have that coupon.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (80%)

I just went to the Tacoma Dollarama and had a pleasant experience. The cashier rang my coupons in as cash one at a time which was weird but she didn't question their use at all.

I bought:

3xScrunge sponges 3.00-3.00 in coupons = $0.00
    2xLysol toilet bowl cleaner $4.00-$2.00 WUB2 =$2.00
    1xAxe body wash $2.00-$1.00=$1.00
    1xFinish Jet Dry $2.00-$1.00=$1.00

OPP $4.00+tax

They also have Hawaiian Tropic SPF 45 waterproof sunblock in the beauty aisle near the body wash for $2.00. Expiry Sept 2013. Woooo! I bought 6 and left about 50. We use lots of sunblock. lol

There are still lots of Littlest Pet Shops left in the toy aisle for $2.00. Lots of good ones too...monkeys, snakes, cows, deer, koalas, caterpillars, bees not just cats and dogs. My kids are going to be very happy with me when they get them at some point. I bought 12 and hid them.

I saw lots of couponable products including deodorants for degree, lady speed stick, secret and Gillette. I didn't have coupons for them but someone might. There were also St. Ives body wash in two scents.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (80%)

I went to the Dartmouth bridge one tonight. I got Dawn dishsoap, Old Spice razors, Dove soap and Dove hannah montana body wash. I'm liking this dollarstore couponing now that the staff knows what to do.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Me you, are u talking about the one on wyse road by the sdm? I went there couple of times but been told they don't accept coupons maybe they have changed since? How much were the old spice razor? Thanks in advance

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (80%)

Quote Originally Posted by watercoco View Post
    Me you, are u talking about the one on wyse road by the sdm? I went there couple of times but been told they don't accept coupons maybe they have changed since? How much were the old spice razor? Thanks in advance
    Yes, that's the one! I'm pretty sure that the staff are all trained in this store now. I handed the cashier $10 of coupons at the beginning of my order with the products and she rang them through as cash at the end after verifying they were correct. She wasn't surprised that I had them or anything.....just took them from me. I saw another lady with a coupon too.

I nearly always make large purchases at the dollar store ($20+) so maybe that helps the casher's attitude with the coupons?? It looks like I'm not going in to get "free stuff" but rather just trying to save a few $$. Not that that should matter but it did occur to me that it might be why some people are having a hard time and I haven't. I spent $34 after coupons last night and $72 after coupons on the weekend at Tacoma. It amazes me that I can so easily spend $72 at the dollar store.

The razors are 4 blades and in single packs for $1. I used a couple of $3 WUB2 coupons. They were hanging with all the other razors in a red Old Spice package.
    Last edited by Meyou; Tue, Jul 12th, 2011 at 05:52 AM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The one in lower Sackville supposedly takes them. One cashier said to me, if you think you're coming in here with a coupon and getting something for free....my friend got an email from head office stating it is an individual store policy re coupons.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    235 (100%)

Has anyone tried coupons at the Truro store?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used coupons at the dollarama in lower Sackville. I listened to the manager explain how to ring them in to the cashier invade of future issues. Plus I saved the receipt. I bought toothpaste and chef boyardee and it ended up being cheaper at walmart !!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information