User Tag List

Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree4165Likes

Thread: Remember to be Frugal - November Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone and welcome to the November frugal chatter thread, the more the merrier'

current list of mail in rebates
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/104615-...ebates-canada/

NAMES FOR DECEMBER FRUGAL CHATTER THREAD

Frugal Festivus by cdngal75

Frugal Festivities by lizzie bargain
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Wed, Nov 27th, 2013 at 11:20 AM.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Reserved

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

just in case

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

an extra spot

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hiya ladies - welcome to Remember to be Frugal, wishing everyone a very frugal November. Enjoy your day, I am heading off to the orthodontist with ds#1, don't expect to pay anything today but next week he has another appointment at which point I am sure I will have to pay for his new molds & retainer, thanks goodness for dental insurance/coverage.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

This month I will be stocking up on dog food because of the new insert coupon and my WM also let's me use a manufacturer coupon when using a b1g1 so it's a good time to stock up. Also planning on having all my Christmas gifts purchased by the end of November and challenging myself with making purchases of grocery items for $1.00 or less with the exception of meats as that is not really achievable in my opinion. Besides that I will enjoy the month of November decorating for Christmas. Our family has offered to adopt a family for the month of December again this year through our church, last year we did this for the 1st time (our idea) and it felt amazing, rewarding and well received by the family who rec'd the grandma of the 3 kids cried when she seen what her daughter and her 3 children rec'd from us. Also doing some small gift bags for the women's shelter this year with personal hygiene items and some fun stuff such as nail polish, so that the mom's also have something to open on Christmas day from their kids.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

So kind of you J and C to gift another family at Xmas as by your posts I know this has been a challenging year financially for your family! So nice to bring some cheer to another family.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Last night we had 70 kids visit for treats and the weather was quite balmy for them. Reviewed my Oct Spending and noticed my groceries were about $150 more-my conclusion is that, in our family at least, it costs about an extra $150 per month to feed a 10 year old girl-that would be our student from Korea. Now I am off to No Frills to get groceries and try price matching there as well.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Fri, Nov 1st, 2013 at 09:40 AM.

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Glad I noticed this thread this morning....I need challenging!!

My November list:

Unpack! We moved into our new home 5 months ago and I still have unpacked boxes sitting in the basement and garage. Sometimes I think I should just toss it all out since I don't know what's in them anymore, lol.

Get all our bills and insurance forms organized and enter our claims. I don't know what I'm waiting for as we're due for some decent refunds. Anyone else have medical insurance they procrastinate about claiming refunds on or, am I the only weirdo who does that ?

Sorting through and tossing out any harsh cleansers and toiletries in the house. Over the last several months, I've developed some allergies and rosacea . Using only the gentlest stuff, found in my kitchen of all places!, is helping clear it up so time to get rid of anything that may provoke the reactions I've been having.

The package trains have given me the idea to do the same for our families (including our older son) who are in Montreal. I'll get all my holiday shopping done this month so I can send it off to them in early December. This will be our first Christmas without them so this will comfort me in some small way I hope.
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Canadian Genius LuvToUseCoupons's Avatar
    Trading Score
    311 (100%)

Hi All
    Just subscribing...and welcoming November
    Name:  Hello-November.jpg
Views: 881
Size:  74.6 KB

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

subscribing

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

J & C: I agree with Lizzie, incredible given how your year has been that you can still help others. If I help with any coupons let me know.
    Snuffalufagus: We just did the clean up of medical clains as I have to have the previous year submitted before the end of November. It is amazing how much it adds up. For out dental coverage the kids are on my plan and with 80% paid it left a bunch of 20% claims to go to DH (i dont have to submit as the dentist does the 1st claim for us). it was amazing how much we had pending.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    This month I will be stocking up on dog food because of the new insert coupon and my WM also let's me use a manufacturer coupon when using a b1g1 so it's a good time to stock up. Also planning on having all my Christmas gifts purchased by the end of November and challenging myself with making purchases of grocery items for $1.00 or less with the exception of meats as that is not really achievable in my opinion. Besides that I will enjoy the month of November decorating for Christmas. Our family has offered to adopt a family for the month of December again this year through our church, last year we did this for the 1st time (our idea) and it felt amazing, rewarding and well received by the family who rec'd the grandma of the 3 kids cried when she seen what her daughter and her 3 children rec'd from us. Also doing some small gift bags for the women's shelter this year with personal hygiene items and some fun stuff such as nail polish, so that the mom's also have something to open on Christmas day from their kids.
    I don't know how your family does it with a low income as well. This year I am starting to worry about Christmas and how we are going to afford it as we recently found out we owe the government a fair amount of money and will not be recieving baby bonus until it is paid back with interest. It will be tight this year but we will make it work we always do right?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    55 (98%)

I am not sure if I am going to be doing goals for November. Between being sick and in the hospital and this depression that has seemed to hit me that last few weeks, I wasn't able to accomplish many of my October goals.

- Start making homemade Christmas gifts... DS' felt food is the main priority but also want to start making some greeting card sets that I am going to give away. Haven't started creating yet but did purchase supplies and was given a sewing machine by DH's uncle so won't have to do it all by hand.
    - Use up foods in the freezer to make room for sales. We are packed full already even after the big defrost and have no room to stock up on Turkeys this week So far I dug out a Shepherd's pie for lunch this week, 2 bbq chicken packets for dinner tonight and a bag of chicken noodle soup and stew for 1 dinner and 1 lunch. Now at least I can buy ONE turkey this week and a couple pizzas lol. Premade meals have all been eaten aside from soup/stew that is left.
    - Get creative with stockpile foods to use up stock and save money. DS will soon start receiving waffles in his school lunches, bagels/cream cheese, frozen yogurt tubes, canned pineapple, random crackers, etc. Have started to use up random crackers, canned fruit, etc for his lunches.
    - Organize coupon binder and incoming coupons at least once per week and do more trades Binder has been kept organized and did 10 trades at the end of October
    - Organize closets (baby's, front hall, back patio, DS') and purge as much as possible Not yet completed. Did organize pantry and bathroom vanity cupboards
    - Organize stockpile room (once DH cleans out all his tools, etc from fixing the furnace)
    Somewhat organized quickly but not to my liking yet.
    - Organize and purge papers, bills, etc.
    Done

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am happy to report that the price matching went well at No Frills-they price matched Cheemo perogies at WM for 2.00 and then I will submit to checkout 51 for 1.00 back this week. I PM'd 6 items from 3 stores. My total came to 51.41 for my shopping which I am pleased with-still may have to pick up a few things but I was happy with all that I was able to get.

Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread Information