User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Where to go Dumpster Diving

Trading Score
    707 (100%)

I always wondered why people post in our local section that arnt from here? Anybody else wonder the same thing???

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (80%)

I get my extra coupon inserts from taking a little walk on garbage day and poking into the newpaper bags. I can usually find quite a few with minimal effort. I rarely see cereal coupons since most people put boxes in their green bins. I also have 3 neighbors that save their inserts for me.

Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

There are flyers delivered right to most neigborhoods in HRM every week, however not everyweek are there smart source, red plum, or P&G....everyone's fav. Maybe you could ask your neighbors because surprisingly a lot of people don't bother with flyers/coupons. I have "my people" neighborhood, family, friends, and work, who feel good contributing to my .....obsession. I am always willing and do share my extras, which sometimes are many. I do no usually get more than 4 -5 items anyways. I am sure others would share to as SC has an abundence of generous people who help each other out. So next time they are out let me know if you need some.

BTW might I say that you have got some amazing free deals lately, 110 free oral b toothbrushes + a 25$ gift card for bad service, 300 koolaids, 20 club house sauces, 11 fuze drinks and the list goes on.......do tell your skills. I mean I'm pretty good but this is...... Not that I would ever do it, not my style (unless I owned a store or something) I just am curious about how it was done. Pretty tough to do this in Canada with all our coupon rules.

Again just pm when you need coupons, if I can help out I will

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bricon1621 View Post
    I always wondered why people post in our local section that arnt from here? Anybody else wonder the same thing???
    I was wondering the same thing?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Take the bagged papers from other people's doorsteps, lol
    Knoxy likes this.

Crazy Croatian Couponer HelenaZAE's Avatar
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Go to an apartment building, ask the super if they get flyers and if they do ask them to save the left overs for you. Its a great way. I get almost 60 copies of the smart souce and most of it is from left overs from 2 apartment buildings.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I get some of my coupons from family that live in another province(Ontario) I get my sister to collect extras and when the mail is working she will pop them into the mail with a nice letter. This is awesome as I am able to get different coupons than what i see on the shelves here. My other resource is my Mom who lives in a retirement village and everyone there seems to buy the Saturday paper and when I know there will be inserts I ask her to collect from her friends who are more than happy to help our family out.
    I do not believe I would ever dumpster dive - its not my thing but i am not above asking the neighbours for their inserts(we live a good hour to the nearest shopping centre so they are more than happy to give me what they will never use)
    My best resource has been my church - there is a coupon box where anyone can donate and anyone can take coupons, it is amazing what coupons people will put into the box.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Is this smart source paper still around now that the mail strike is on. I have to look for this one. I live in a good sized apartment building. Cereal boxes have wicked good coupons lately.

Search and Win GC's and Cash at Swagbucks
    Last edited by Jeniana; Mon, Jul 9th, 2012 at 08:16 PM. Reason: removed referral link

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilac5 View Post
    Is this smart source paper still around now that the mail strike is on. I have to look for this one. I live in a good sized apartment building. Cereal boxes have wicked good coupons lately.

I also go for a walk on Friday mornings before the garbage guys get out,, after the flyers come out when the coupons are in them and look threw the bags of paper in my area and get about 20 every time it takes about 45 mins or so but so worth it and your getting exercise too..
    Last edited by Jeniana; Mon, Jul 9th, 2012 at 08:15 PM. Reason: removed quoted referral link

Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bricon1621 View Post
    If you click on the local tab at the top, then scroll down the list, it will show the last post from each area on the right-hand side. Sometimes, I find something that catches my eye as I scroll down to the Halifax one, and click on it and have a read.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

i live in highfield park and our building this year set a Recycling demand for everyone to sort there garbage now some people still don’t but there is a big bin at the back of the buildings that is specific for paper only ive never gone looking for inserts in it but Ive never seen anything but pape/ cardboard in it so im sure there would be some inserts I just cant bring myself to dive in alone lol

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilac5 View Post

There is a current mail strike? Am I totally out of the loop?
    Last edited by Jeniana; Mon, Jul 9th, 2012 at 08:17 PM. Reason: removed quoted referral link

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    81 (100%)

Its an old thread, from the last postal strike

Crazy Croatian Couponer HelenaZAE's Avatar
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 98PERCENTOFF View Post
    So, Dumpster Diving is one of the best ways of getting a load of coupons, and I live in Halifax Nova Scotia, and I have no idea where to go lol

Anyone wanna help me out please?

Go to an apartment building and ask the super to keep the flyers for you. They just throw them in the icky dumpster and climbing in is a very scary idea
    Last edited by HelenaZAE; Wed, Jul 11th, 2012 at 02:01 PM.
    The most wonderful things in life can be found in a child's laugh..............

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Umm, I've gone dumpster diving for stuff, no problem. But I totally wish there was paper bins I could go through. I so would. I've checked the papers when they are in the stores, but never found inserts.

Anyone find any paper bins? Or wanna go dumpster diving in the downtown area?

:D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information