User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rcss

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I was hoping everyone could share their experiences about RCSS here in Nanaimo. I am in the process of meeting with them and would like to present some feedback. Thanks everyone!
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Meeting with them?!?!? WOW!?!? sounds crazy!!!

My experiences....unfriendly staff...disorganized store...never enough cashiers...when you get to the cashiers you feel super rushed as they ring things through...(especially with Children!) Super slow with coupons! (if you use more then a few coupons...no idea what the limit is!? you need an override which can take forever if there isn't a manager waiting right beside you!) Also not all the staff seem to know their own coupon policy.

Hope that helps!!!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Great Thanks so much!!

Trading Score
    123 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by Albug15 View Post
    Meeting with them?!?!? WOW!?!? sounds crazy!!!

My experiences....disorganized store...never enough cashiers.... Super slow with coupons! (if you use more then a few coupons...no idea what the limit is!? you need an override which can take forever if there isn't a manager waiting right beside you!) Also not all the staff seem to know their own coupon policy.

Hope that helps!!!!
    i agree with the above (edited it slightly)

in my experience there are a few good cashiers , some that seem to think you are stealing if you use any coupons , and most are just uninformed

Karma Canuck
    Trading Score
    140 (100%)

i have had some really bad experiences with SS here. that being said i have also had really good ones. but one experience stands out in my mind. i have used the double dip with SS alot for the past years. well about 6 monthes ago or so, i cant even remember the deal, but there was a manufacture coupon and SS coupon to get the product free. I had a horrible cashier. she told me, you cant keep doing this, you only com ein here for the deals, it just isnt right. She went on to belittle me about coupons etc. I told her i was in here a few days ago and spend $200+ on shopping, which i regreted telling her as it was none of her business. When i left i felt horrible. a few days after that i did email head office regarding the treatment, but never heard back. she made me feel like a thief for using THEIR policy.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Sorry to hear that karma33, but I had a similar experience... I emailed as well and got a prompt appology and a request to give them another chance... maybe try again?? But thanks for your feedback!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    95 (100%)

Some of the cashier and supervisors are great but that being said...

The have been told i'm commiting fraud by a cashier (in courntey).
    If you went through 3 different tills with the same items you would have 3 different results. Very frustrating when you are on a budget.
    Now they have the one coupon per day per item. Very annoying if you want shampoo AND conditioner and have 2 coupons you can only use one.

* actually if you could ask them something.
    I have been in P. alberni, comox, courtney and duncan. Why are their stores full of pink stickers and almost never here? A gentleman marking stuff down in Comox said that they must be doing something with their policy because the store I was in he said that they get a list of items and they have to get rid of them right away with 50% off. I would love to know why all other stores seem to have this practice but not in nanaimo.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

They have the 50% off practice in all stores - for items like beauty it is because the items are dno'd (do not order) they wont be carrying it anymore or not on plano - there is no shelf allotment for that product or because the store was just sent a sheer volume of goods that they will be unable to move at full price. Cashiers are rushed, they are scored on their ring times and are encouraged to be as fast as possible, fastest you make in on the "board" slowest you also make in on the board, somewhere you don't want to be if your too slow! Dealing with cashiers and coupons though, it is defiantly being misinformed. As to my knowledge last time I spoke with a Representative over the phone for loblaws there is no official coupon policy yet, but it was in the works of being written. She told me that it was up to each individual store manager to decide what they would accept. I too have had good and bad experiences with them. On a personal level I wouldn't give them an ace up but on beating the price on everyone in my town Superstore is the first place I will be shopping. Hopefully with the new coupon policy and further training of colleagues there wont be so many misunderstandings using coupons!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thank you for your input Citiva, and I agree on price, however I am under the understanding that the coupon policy will not be changing in a couponer's favor. They do have a coupon policy in place it is just a matter of individual stores being uninformed!
    Last edited by jamieg123; Thu, Jun 30th, 2011 at 11:37 AM. Reason: add

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Biggest issue I have with RCSS is that they have to call a manager (after $10 I believe), and that takes a longggg time sometimes. I don't mind haveing to wait 5 or 10 min to save money, but the people in line behind me don't see it that way. Example...Had 1 $6 off finish starter, 1 BOGO green giant, and 2- $3 off purex, in one trip. That was all I bought that trip as well. 10 min to get through the till, and even the cashier was telling people who got in to the line to go to a different line because this was going to take a while. For 4 coupons!! lol.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't think it is run well at all. I spend an obscene amount of money there every single month.. and 9 times out of ten I have problems with either the staff, the products or the check out process. I wish there was somewhere else to go in Nanaimo that was similiar in price. It's very frustrating.

We stopped buying all our bread products there due to the mice holes in the bags everytime. Then we stopped buying all produce there because it was going rotten within a couple days.

For the first time ever I used 2 coupons there last week.. and the girl looked at me like I was stealing from her. I asked her if she rung them in.. and she ignored me. So I asked her again.. she looked at me blankly and pointed to the screen. Unbelievably bad customer service.
    Live Love Laugh

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thanks again everyone for your input! I will be printing this off in a few days to give to the powers that be!! Much appreciated!!

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I have to agree with everyone about the Customer Service (or lack thereof). The other frustrating part is that not everyone knows or understands the coupon policy. Just went in today to buy Reactine with 3 different coupons and was told they are no longer stacking... do you know if this is true?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I am under the impression they never were stacking but they did allow one manufacturer coupon and one in store coupon. I think they have changed it to just one coupon period now!

Trading Score
    123 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tresmom View Post
    I have to agree with everyone about the Customer Service (or lack thereof). The other frustrating part is that not everyone knows or understands the coupon policy. Just went in today to buy Reactine with 3 different coupons and was told they are no longer stacking... do you know if this is true?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieg123 View Post
    I am under the impression they never were stacking but they did allow one manufacturer coupon and one in store coupon. I think they have changed it to just one coupon period now!
    the only "stacking" that rcss has ever done is 1 store coupon and one manufacturer, often it has been called a mini stack on this forum

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information