User Tag List

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

So be fore warned that I am posting a rant

I go to Parkway Mall a couple of times per week for physiotherapy. Now I park in the disabled parking spot with my permit. I cannot count the number of times that I come out to my car and find that there is a car parked in a no parking zone beside the disabled parking spot. This causes quite a problem for me as I need to open my doors fully to enter my vehicle. This has been going on for months. I have spoken to the mall administration and asked if the security guys can do a sweep every once in a while and remind people of illegal parking. The few times that I have spoken to the driver of the vehicle explaining politely why it is important that they not park there ( i.e. getting wheelchairs or other assisted walking devices out of a vehicle is hindered by where they park) I get all kinds of attitude and really mean things said to me.

I am getting really frustrated and since I have called the administration office and explained what was happening, they say someone will call me back and of course no phone call.

So I am thinking of my next step of action will be to send a formal letter to Parkway Mall and if I don't get a response, send another letter to the administration and copy every business in there as to why I will not be utilizing their businesses anymore. The next step after that will be to contact the Disability Ombudsman in Fredericton.

All the mall really has to do is expand the disabled parking spot by another 3 feet so that the spot is accessible.

I won't even rant about how people can be so rude and mean 'cuz it makes me want to cry right now.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I'm sorry to hear that you've been frustrated and encountered some rude people. If the mall has been so dismissive, I think a call to the ombudsman would definitely be in order. Good luck!

Kings County Coupon Queen sarah_300c's Avatar
    Trading Score
    693 (100%)

I'm so sorry! Some people can be so lazy and inconsiderate of others! Like really, how much longer is it going to take them to walk from a proper parking spot to the doors! So lazy!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I say call the cops and have them put a ticket on their car. LOL That may do the trick People are really inconsiderate.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

You know something...this really is a terrible problem. I see it often enough to be totally disgusted. If the mall will not do anything make a scene. I don't mean that you should wail like a banshee in the parking lot, but nothing will get people moving faster than the threat of a public relations nightmare. Email the mall and cc the email to the Disability Ombudsman and the newspaper if you dare!

People can be thoughtless and totally inconsiderate but if confronted will often fold like a deck of cards..
    Join me on Swagbucks and earn money and giftcards. So easy, so fun!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Kanda2004

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

It's been about 6 weeks since you first posted about this.. has anything improved?

I like kanda's suggestion of getting the newspaper involved. I can see someone at The Telegraph Journal taking an interest and writing about it. Keep a camera (or cell phone) around, and next time it happens, take a picture for proof.

Parkway Mall has become so rundown over the years, it doesn't surprise me that they didn't take your issue seriously. It's sad.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

I sent a letter to Parkway (actually the main office is at Market Square) and c.c'd the Status for Disabled Persons office. I never got a reply back but there seems to be an improvement in the past couple of weeks. I have been able to park and haven't had any issues.

The other day I noticed a man in a safety vest monitoring the parking lot.

Thread Information