User Tag List

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I was in the store today and the coupon board is completely empty. I called and spoke to Greg the manager this afternoon, he explained to me that there were some issues and that they were working on it. I asked when the coupons will be back, he said maybe in a week. I told him a lot of familys rely on the coupon board to help reduce their food costs.

In the meantime I asked about the Cheerio coupons for tomorrow, he told me ONE COUPON per Transaction. I asked if the cashier would give me grief over the # of coupons as I will be donating to the food back, he put me on hold and then came back and said he spoke to his Front End manager and I should not get a hassle. Lets wait and see what tomorrow brings
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I was in Superstore at 920 Cole Hbr Rd this afternoon and coupon board was full.

I was curious so I went to see how many chocolate cheerios they had in stock. Not one box was on the shelves. I won't waste time going there tomorrow, but I only have 3 of the coupons.

If anyone gives me grief about buying 3 boxes in one transaction with coupons, I will take out two boxes and put dividers between them and make 3 separate transactions. I can play their game.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

LOL play their game. love it

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (80%)

Braemar Superstore still has the coupon board too.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    73 (94%)

Sackville has the coupon board. They are probably upset that Walmart is honoring theor coupons and they are cheaper....lol

Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I love "I can play that game" because I am getting tired of feeling like a criminal for using coupons. I hat to say it but I think because of "extreme couponing" we are all categorized into this behavior. Some of us may buy a significant amount of one item in one transaction, which I personally don't agree with, but I accept that others do, thats their business, but this still shouldn't mean anything in the big scheme of things. If the coupon permits it, whether it be as stacking, B1G1, or free, or what have you , it is what it is. If a huge corporation (sobeys, superstore, shoppers) can accept one coupon, then by god they must then be smart enough to mathematically deal with a thousand...............I certainly think I could and I'm no CA. We are creating their business not harming it, don't they get that? they need us . As for the errant coupon that doesn't match a product, (I do not do this), surely someone has bought that product by the time they mail in their coupons to the respective manufactors. If I have 23 free chocolate cheerios, and buddy has 3, how many coupons does the manufactorer honor? Hmmm? I see the problem? Are my personal shopping transactions coded to match the coupons that have touched my fingers? I am not endorsing this behavior but I have inadvertantly used a dawn for a palmolive and vice versa for example. In fact I almost messed up a trade this way. It happens. I guess I don't understand the bigger problem (whatever that may be) and feel like it has more to do with "having the power to make a customer feel stupid, instead of working with the customer." OMG could you imagine doing time for bad coupons?
    Maybe I'm having a menopausal moment lookin for an outlet but I'm getting so frustrated looking over my shoulder or "playing nice" with cashiers so they'll like me enough to accept my manufactorer valid, completely legit coupon, that they want me to use to help endorse their product. What if we all did a mutiny on the coupons for one day and we didn't buy products that did not meet OUR criteria ie./ must be on sale for a decent price AND must have a coupon that can be stacked and most importantly, HASSEL FREE!

Man I'm ready for tomorrow lucky for them I only have 3 coupons. Sorry, was this too much rant. I feel good now, I might go buy some gillete products at Sobey's

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Best of luck tomorrow
    Food tastes better when it costs less!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by janne View Post
    I love "I can play that game" because I am getting tired of feeling like a criminal for using coupons.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that approaches the cash register wondering what the heck I'm in for from both the cashier and the people in line behind me. And this is all new to me considering the coupon bug only bit me a month or so ago...before that I'd *gasp* chuck the coupon inserts without even opening them up! I used a skinny cow fpc the other day in the fast lane and seriously the stupid jokes from the cashier ("Honey, I hate to tell you but this ain't gonna help your hips"....grrrr) held up the line more than the coupon did.
    Every time I get in line with a coupon, even one, I feel on the defensive from the start and that's got to stop. So.... I'll play the game. They want to ring in 3 separate boxes, swipe my debit card 3 separate times... fine with me, I got time.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

if you go to the superstore in the self serve check out, you can use the coupons up to a value of 10.00 before you need the cashier assistance. Press the Pay button, and then you will see the coupon button, use manuf coupon, enter the amount and then press the middle button DO NOT PRESS end, or the cashier will have to help you. Most of the cashiers at the superstore on the USCAN do not even know how to handle coupons, so if you can do it yourself, it can make life easier.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (80%)

I just go to cash knowing my coupons are valid and I'm justified in my shopping. I smile through their foot tapping, dirty looks and sighs and my smile gets bigger and my voice friendlier the crankier they get. I have no problem politely but strongly defending myself and my purchases because I never clear shelves, never use coupons for product they aren't intended for and always plan my trips in advance so I'm organized at the cash.

I always tell the cashier I have coupons and ask if they want them with each product or at the end. I group all my coupon items at the end of my transaction and tell the cashier where they start. I make it as easy as possible for them basically and try to not get upset no matter how nasty they become. It works.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bayers Lake still has their coupon board.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I do the same thing and can honestly say I have NEVER had a problem using my coupons at any store.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I did go to Superstore 650 Portland St today with 9 Free Cherio coupons. I kept one for myself and donated the other 8 to the foodback. Had family members save these for me, the store manager basically told the cashier when she called him to confirm my phone conversation with Greg yesterday, he would allow the coupons ONLY because I was donating them, but I guess it sounds like otherwise the answer would have been NO but yesterday it was Yes. go figure... Went back this afternoon and they were just putting up the coupon board.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

walmart honors their coupons?!?!?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    81 (100%)

They sure do! Not only do they honor them, they will also give you your overages (amount left over if the coupon is worth more than the item being purchased. You don't get cash back, but that amt is applied to the rest of your order.).

I've never had an issue with any stores *knock on coupon*, but I think WM is my favorite to coupon at.

Thread Information