User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    =^.^=
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Just heard today from a friend that Red Deer is going to get either a No Frills OR a Extra Foods, and they are alreay looking at the Land to start building. More stores = More choices = More Coupons = More Savings.
    I Love that Red Deer is growing.
    This thread is currently associated with: Extra Foods, No Frills

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

No Frills would be great, I can't believe that Lacombe & Sylvan have one but not RD

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Isn't No Frills the same company as Superstore?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

No Frills is part of Superstore and the Loblaws chain, but they are all privately owned, and there name is part of the title "Lionel's No Frills" (Lacombe), "Scott's No Frills" (Sylvan Lake) "Gord's No Frills" (Wetaskiwin). But all there sales are the same, and set by corporate.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Eeyah View Post
    No Frills is part of Superstore and the Loblaws chain, but they are all privately owned, and there name is part of the title "Lionel's No Frills" (Lacombe), "Scott's No Frills" (Sylvan Lake) "Gord's No Frills" (Wetaskiwin). But all there sales are the same, and set by corporate.
    Thanks for explaining.That would be good if we got a No Frills.They could put it in Southpointe Junction across from Southpointe Common.

Daddy-O
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hmmm, have they announced what the grocery store is going in at the new development at 67th St and 30th Ave? I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a sign saying 'grocery anchored retail', but not what store it was going to be. I agree a No Frills would be awesome. My mother lives in Stettler, and it's the one store in town we have to hit when I wind up out there.

=^.^=
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

yes i also recall a grocery store to be going in that new area they are developing over on 67th and 30th, a No Frills there would be awesome. There prices are often much better than superstore even thought they are actually part of superstore.

damp is a gross word.
    Trading Score
    263 (100%)

Here in BC, Extra Foods has consistantly excellent everydayday low prices on produce - the meat & bakery are bleh though. From what I can gather, the NO FRILLS have better over-all prices - wish we had one!!

FT: AYLMER ACCENTS / LEAN CUISINE / LYSOL HANDSOAP / GOLD BOND and more
    ? Are you curious ? My quest to separate cheese from bras in the Deals & Flyers Forum

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Elle Lady Sadie View Post
    yes i also recall a grocery store to be going in that new area they are developing over on 67th and 30th, a No Frills there would be awesome. There prices are often much better than superstore even thought they are actually part of superstore.
    I think I heard somewhere that that would be a new co op and they are taking the deer park one out.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I would love a No-Frills. That would give Wal-mart a run for their money. More choices for consumers = better sales
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nicmcgoo View Post
    I think I heard somewhere that that would be a new co op and they are taking the deer park one out.
    Two years ago I used to work at the deer park coop. At the time the higher ups were saying another coop was going to go there and the deer park coop would be staying open. Could have changed since then though.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coley3 View Post
    I would love a No-Frills. That would give Wal-mart a run for their money. More choices for consumers = better sales

I wouldn't say all there choices are better The one thing that annoys me with NF sales, is they only tend to have one or two choices of a sale item.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela5210 View Post
    Two years ago I used to work at the deer park coop. At the time the higher ups were saying another coop was going to go there and the deer park coop would be staying open. Could have changed since then though.
    I hope so!!!!!!!! I love my Co-op!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That is great for anyone in RD. I live in Lacombe so we buy all our basics at No Frills. They have such great prices and sales, but I find their selection is very limited. I go to Co-op and Sobeys for all our meat and bakery items though.

BTW: For anyone else living in Lacombe, my husband works for the city and they have heard that the big box coming is Canadian Tire. However they won't start on it till the construction on highway 2A is done. I was hoping it would be Wal-mart, but maybe soon after.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Lacombe doesn't have a Walmart??? Really?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information