User Tag List

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This nosy cashier works on the express registers her name is Carolyn.I have got her before she's always looking over till and asking if those are my bags.Today she was wanting to look in my bags and asked if had my receipts.All I had was my Sunrype blueberry juice and 2 Fibre1 brown sugar cereal in a cloth bag and another cloth bag with a thermal bag in it and an umbrella.I told she could look in my bags.Next time I'm waiting in express lanes and I will end up at her register I'll just send the person behind me ahead of me and if there is no one behind me I'll be waiting for the next register.I was just buying on a roll on imitation perfume for my Mum the cashier has absolutely no reason to believe I'm robbing the place blind.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    Last edited by Poirot; Tue, Jun 21st, 2011 at 08:58 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sorry to hear about the bad experience!

=^.^=
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

what a nosey trouble making cow this Carolyn sounds like. You know I swear there are cashiers out there that are on little power trips and hate couponers. Yet there are so many wonderful cashiers, that go out of their way to be pleasant. If that would have happened to me Poirot - OMG - I would have been so insulted, I would have made a scene right then and there. I would be raising my voice at her and asks her why she thinks your a thief, I would have called for the store manager immediately. I would be asking if walmart intends to look in the reusable bag EVERY shopper brings in - I would have made suc an issue. If someone is acting in a awy to suggest they may be trying to conceal something in order to steal it - then maybe it is warranted to ask to look in a bag. But if your actually in the line up to pay for something - then obviously your not trying to steal it. Sheesh. Good luck next time your in walmart.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Thay are not allowed to ask you what's in your bag. If you leave the store and the machine thing bings they can ask to look in your bag to see what's making the machine go off. But that's it. You cannot accuse someone of stealing or look in their bags. I would have just ignored her. Sorry to hear of your terrible experience.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It sucks that that happened to you but that is unfortunately how people have started to steal. I walked into SS last week and was walking around with my stroller with a reusable bag strapped onto the back with all my coupons in it and within minutes I had the store security following me around. I guess they are just covering their butts so that they can try to kinda curb the theft that is going on, because it is getting worse in stores.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Elle Lady Sadie View Post
    what a nosey trouble making cow this Carolyn sounds like. You know I swear there are cashiers out there that are on little power trips and hate couponers. Yet there are so many wonderful cashiers, that go out of their way to be pleasant. If that would have happened to me Poirot - OMG - I would have been so insulted, I would have made a scene right then and there. I would be raising my voice at her and asks her why she thinks your a thief, I would have called for the store manager immediately. I would be asking if walmart intends to look in the reusable bag EVERY shopper brings in - I would have made suc an issue. If someone is acting in a awy to suggest they may be trying to conceal something in order to steal it - then maybe it is warranted to ask to look in a bag. But if your actually in the line up to pay for something - then obviously your not trying to steal it. Sheesh. Good luck next time your in walmart.
    When I gave my Mum the perfume I told her what happened.She said I should have complained to the manager.If I do run into the same trouble again with a cashier that is exactly what I'll do.

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

What does this cashier look like? I think I might have had trouble with her too
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Melaniegreness click the link to sign up and search the web. You can earn things like free gift cards!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coley3 View Post
    Thay are not allowed to ask you what's in your bag. If you leave the store and the machine thing bings they can ask to look in your bag to see what's making the machine go off. But that's it. You cannot accuse someone of stealing or look in their bags. I would have just ignored her. Sorry to hear of your terrible experience.

Just to point out, they are allowed to ask to check your bags. It's the manner in which they ask that really sucks. Stores do not have to wait for you to walk out to check your bags if they have any reason to believe you are trying to steal something. And yes, some people go on power trip and/or are up for a promotion so they do extra stuff to impress their bosses. If it was me and I have nothing to hide, Id show them. I hate that they are asking but we have to understand that it is their job. Just put yourself in their shoe, if you had a job where you would have to ask, what would you do, would you turn blind eye or would you say something?

Like I said, there is nice way of approaching someone and that there is a nasty way in which this cashier did it. My motto is, if I didnt do anything wrong, they can ask all they want. But one thing I know is I wouldnt make a scene in a store. Even if I needed to talk to manager, Id ask in a nice manner, they are all more likey to listen to you when you are composed and in good control of your feelings than when you are loud and obnoxious.

I just also want to say that I have gone past the doors and the alarm would go off in different stores and they would just wave their hand for me to keep going. I found that the dumbest thing ever. I know when I have phone on me sometimes its the phone that makes alarm go off and/or other things too but come on, isnt it your job to check the bag? I find that just as dumb as a cashier on power trip.

Just saying!

Follow my Beauty Blog on instagram @officialbestofglam
    or on facebook @bestofglam

I write reviews on all new and upcoming beauty products
    Sephora is my grand love

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MostarkaGirl View Post
    Just to point out, they are allowed to ask to check your bags. It's the manner in which they ask that really sucks. Stores do not have to wait for you to walk out to check your bags if they have any reason to believe you are trying to steal something. And yes, some people go on power trip and/or are up for a promotion so they do extra stuff to impress their bosses. If it was me and I have nothing to hide, Id show them. I hate that they are asking but we have to understand that it is their job. Just put yourself in their shoe, if you had a job where you would have to ask, what would you do, would you turn blind eye or would you say something?

Like I said, there is nice way of approaching someone and that there is a nasty way in which this cashier did it. My motto is, if I didnt do anything wrong, they can ask all they want. But one thing I know is I wouldnt make a scene in a store. Even if I needed to talk to manager, Id ask in a nice manner, they are all more likey to listen to you when you are composed and in good control of your feelings than when you are loud and obnoxious.

I just also want to say that I have gone past the doors and the alarm would go off in different stores and they would just wave their hand for me to keep going. I found that the dumbest thing ever. I know when I have phone on me sometimes its the phone that makes alarm go off and/or other things too but come on, isnt it your job to check the bag? I find that just as dumb as a cashier on power trip.

Just saying!
    I'll be nice and polite but I'm not letting that Walmart South cashier look in my bag if she ever bothers me again.I think she was there last week but the screen said to go to another cash register.She was really giving me the eye.All I had was an empty cloth bag and carrying a can of soup and a 1 litre tetra pak container of soy milk. I don't mind showing my bag and having them look through my bag if my stuff sets off an alarm.I don't mind giving my bag to the customer service desk at the Canadian Tire at the Village Mall.
    Last edited by Poirot; Sun, Aug 7th, 2011 at 07:06 PM.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I am not sure I would show my bag at all. They CANNOT accuse you of stealing. They MUST be sure you actually have something in order to MAKE you show what is in your bag. They cannot guess that you might have stolen something. It is very tricky business. Any store could get in alot of trouble for falsely accusing someone of stealing. Which is what they are doing if they MAKE you show what is in your bag.

Just saying.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I just dont see what is the big deal of someone wanting to look into your bag, if you have nothing to hide? I mean, I can understand if it happens EVERY time you go in there, but if it happens once in a blue moon, whats the harm? I personally think you will look worst if you put up a fight!

Am I crazy for thinking this way?

Sephora is my grand love

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by MostarkaGirl View Post
    I just dont see what is the big deal of someone wanting to look into your bag, if you have nothing to hide? I mean, I can understand if it happens EVERY time you go in there, but if it happens once in a blue moon, whats the harm? I personally think you will look worst if you put up a fight!

Am I crazy for thinking this way?
    There is innocent until proven guilty.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    There is innocent until proven guilty.

But how can they prove you are innocent, if you dont want to cooperate?

Im probably thinking more of "Why go through a huge trouble of making a scene than if I just show my bag and move on" Maybe its all just personal preferance.

Sephora is my grand love

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Oh I just thought of this. Nex time you can tell cashier, ok, here is the deal for you. I will open my bags for you and if you are right - good for you, you caught me. But if you are wrong, all of my items I am buying today are free. Tehehe...

Sephora is my grand love

Thread Information