User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: pharmasave

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by croman7 View Post
    maybe a dumb question...but what else does pharmasave sell? i've never been there...do they have food? or just pharmacy things? I'm looking at all my coupons in a whole new light!

A few ladies that I chatted with at Pharmasave today were talking about their monthly drive to Portage for the Sobeys Double Coupon day... They said it is worth the drive and they fill their trunk with items on sale from the flyer that they can match with a coupon... That's a pretty far drive to double coupons...

Has anyone reading this done a road trip for monthly groceries? Is it worth it?
    Keep Smiling!
    Super Mel

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzeebelle View Post
    Yes I called again also and was told that not all new staff knew about it and was sorry I was misinformed..Sorry
    Meh - no biggie. We were just so excited to double our little scraps of paper teehee. spent .99/box Cornflakes and Miniwheats .99 pkg always and free ob, free axe, free multibionta vits, free tylenol, free advil... no pet stuff though was disappointed about that and really not much in the food dept either but we made it a child free morning outing Can't wait for the next one and will have to scope out the Beausejour store next time passing through to see which store has more stock of what I would need.
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks guys. SuperMel, when is the Sobeys double coupon day in Portage? Is it every month? I dont know if that would be worth it...Hard to say...Sobeys doesnt have great prices normally, although the sales can be good... In the same thought, I had been considering making a weekend trip to the US and getting groceries there... Since I dont know what's there/what the prices are/what coupons I would have, it's hard to weigh the pros and cons. Anybody have any advice? (ps, i will attempt Pharmasave. Let's see if that's worth it... )

Trading Score
    323 (100%)

Double coupon days at Sobeys in Portage happen on the first Tuesday of every month, which also happens to be Customer Appreciation Day! Their flyers are the same as Winnipeg's normally, but you could also check the e-flyer online. I was going to go this past month, but I didn't have very many coupons to match up with the sales, so I didn't bother. I believe they only double coupons that have a value of $1 or lower($1 = $2) but don't quote me on that!

I'm anxious to see the flyers this week because I have a larger selection of coupons, so I may have a good chance of scoring some good deals. Plus, I'm originally from Portage, so I could go visit my family while I'm there too!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

is there any double coupons day for sobeys in winnipeg ?

Coupon Queenie #376
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

So back to PS lol...I am thinking of taking a drive out there jusr for the heck of it, we are only 15 minutes or so away, but Im wondering if it would really be worth it as would all the shelved be empty?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

ok so i went... here's what i thought was a good deal... The 60 pk of Multibionta was 19.99, i had a 10$ coupon, doubled, so free. the 30 packs were 12.99, doubled a 5$ coupon, so paid 2.99 each. Decent for me. Crest toothpaste (regular) 130ml was 1.99, doubled a 75 cent coupon so 49c each. (they rang up wrong, so she adjusted it, didnt ask about scop, i confused her enough!) Motrin was 7.49 doubled a $3 coupon, so 1.49. Scrubbing bubbles was 4.99, but i had a bogo coupon (buy a scrubbing bubbles get a free Fantastik..) so it doubled, so i paid 4.99 for the scrubbing bubbles and got 2 bottles of Fantastik free, so approx 1.66 for each of the three if you look at it that way... U by Kotex found a pack for 5.29, doubled a 1.50 coupon, paid 2.29. Old spice deodorant, only one left, 3.29 and a bodywash for 4.99...doubled a save $3wub2 coupon, so .29 for the deo (too bad only one!) and $2 for the bodywash, not awful, but not great. and then mini febreeze to go for the car or whatever was 2.29, so the save 3wub2 coupon doubled making them free, just paid tax. they didnt do overages, but they adjusted them down, so free was still free. good enuf for me! in the end, total was 114.66 + 5.73gst + 8.02 pst = 128.41. used 87.71 in coupons, total came to 40.70. Not too too bad i dont think. that's what, 60% off? Works for me. And im in the north part of the city. took me 17 mins to get to oakbank. takes me 30 to get to st vital mall, so realistically, not that far!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information