User Tag List

CheapArmyGal
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Good Day All,

I just felt the need to post this. I am very new to couponing, and have become very addicted to it thanks to my "Mentor". She is fantastik.

What has becomeing very concerning to me as I read the posts of "coupon police" and the judgemental statements of "Oh you got one of those" and just the whole attitude towards "couponers". I know I do this because I NEED to save money because I'm a family of 7, but also love the idea of how I can get free items fairly. I enjoy the thrill of looking for the good deals to match my coupons with so that in the end I have more money to put towards my kids.

HOWEVER, my biggest beef, is that I almost feel as though I'm being discrimminated for the way I approach the way I save money. What differents does it make, especially from the vendors, they make it sound like they're doing you a favor by excepting them. GIVE ME A BREAK! Each of these stores get their money back and then some for a handling fee!! This drives me crazy.

Thanks for listening/reading my rant.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I'm with you on that! I went to WM today and was greeted by the cashier with a huge smile. She coo'd over my 2 year old and chatted nicely until I brought out my coupons (overages). After inspecting the living daylights outta them, she grunted and let them through. I wished her a good day and she started frothing at the mouth!

I've been doing this for over a year now. I still feel nervous when I coupon but I definately feel more confident than I did in the beginning. If someone says no, I ask why and try to educate.

Hold your head up, know your policies and save, save, save!
    Join me on Swagbucks and earn money and giftcards. So easy, so fun!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Kanda2004

Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

I only choose to shop at stores now that I know welcome my coupons now, I want to feel good about my savings and not feel like I did something wrong. I am hoping that with the amount of couponers out there now that the stores are going to implement better training and that the cashiers will eventually get use to this and maybe just maybe someday the cashier will ask you: "Do you have any coupons with your purchase today" along with:"Did you find everything you were looking for today?"

Glad I could teach you well Girl but I am not a mentor LOL, just wanted to make sure I share my knowledge.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I totally agree with you !! I know I am saving for my family at the end, that's what matters for me

Thread Information