User Tag List

Sassy saver
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Went to WM yesterday to buy two bottles of Listerine - I was a little worried using two printables in case they didn't accept them, but as it turned out, I didn't need one of them! They were on sale 2 for $8, but rang through at regular price. First the cashier told me that only the bottles on the skid display were on sale, and that the ones on the shelf weren't (makes no sense, but whatever) - I assured her that I got them off the skid, and that I would like to SCOP. I ended up having to use only one of the $3 Listerine coupons, so I got the first bottle for free and paid $1 for the second!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

couponrokka
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

wat oes scop mean?

Trading Score
    121 (98%)

SCOP refers to "scanning code of practice" which many Canadian rtailers choose to participate in, including Walmart.

SCOP happens when a shelf tag, or flyer/ad tag is lower than the price the item rings in for. If this happens, and the item is under $10, you are able to get the first item for free, and any othrs you were purchasing, for the posted price. If the item is over $10, you would get $10 off the first item ect.

Most cashiers are told not to point out SCOP to customers, so you really have to be on the ball at checkout time!

There was a list of major Canadian retailers here on SC, but I can't seem to find it. I know for sure Zellers does not.

WM, SDM, All stores under the Loblaws banner (RCSS, Extra foods, No Frills ect..), LD, SOF, Thrifty's and many many more do participate!

Trading Score
    185 (100%)

The way it's set up in their system, they ring through at regular price and then once the cashier hits the subtotal button, it adjusts the price. You'll see a multi-buy discount just above the subtotal on the receipt. I thought it was odd too when I went to WM on Friday, but the discount does come off. It's just setup weird in their system, because typically when they advertise items that are 2/$8, you could buy one item at $4 each and not have to purchase 2 to get that price.

Anyways, that's awesome you got SCOP!

But just so everyone else that will be buying Listerine knows, the discount shows up at the end
    Join Swagbucks and earn points for searching, surveys and more!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It says in the flyer they are 2/$8 or $5.97 each...(I think that was the price) so it would show that until the second one goes in and the total is subtotaled.
    Check out Moncton Coupon Lady on Facebook...I will try to update with deals in the local stores, as well as hosting coupon swaps and more fun Locally!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry ahatt, I just saw your reply...saying the same as mine. I need to open my eyes! lol
    Check out Moncton Coupon Lady on Facebook...I will try to update with deals in the local stores, as well as hosting coupon swaps and more fun Locally!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I scop Listerine too the first day of the sale. I know alllllll about the multi buy line but the line did not populate when the cashier hit subtotal. Thus overcharging and getting the scop.

Quote Originally Posted by ahatt View Post
    The way it's set up in their system, they ring through at regular price and then once the cashier hits the subtotal button, it adjusts the price. You'll see a multi-buy discount just above the subtotal on the receipt. I thought it was odd too when I went to WM on Friday, but the discount does come off. It's just setup weird in their system, because typically when they advertise items that are 2/$8, you could buy one item at $4 each and not have to purchase 2 to get that price.

Anyways, that's awesome you got SCOP!

But just so everyone else that will be buying Listerine knows, the discount shows up at the end

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I had the same thing happen Friday morning. I asked when it was being rung in about the 2/$8 and the cashier told me it would come off the end-total like ahatt explained. However mine didn't come off so I went to CS and did my first SCOP. It was fun actually. I actually ended up doing a second SCOP that afternoon when I picked up a couple shirts for hubby at lunch time. They were $10 each or 2/$14. Discount didnt' come through. Paid cashier and went straight to CS where she put through the refund then started to put them both through again, I asked her about the SCOP which I got a look for then she said she'd give me one shirt for free and the second for $7. I asked her if it was the customer's job to ask for it, she said it was. I'd like to read the Policy to see if that's true. Is the policy on here anywhere and do stores have to agree to the policy in full or can they have their own take on it?

Thread Information