User Tag List

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Purchased a loaf of this from the discount rack at RCSS + $1 coupon.

This bread is, essentially, 2/3 of what your regular slice of bread is, in terms of thickness. That is the weight watching gimmick here. You're having 2 slices of bread that equal 100 calories, but the bread isn't the same as a regular slice. You're still eating less bread, and might be paying more for less if you can't find it on for half-off in the day-old racks.

Back to the bread itself, the bread is very floppy and not good for holding fillings. There are many holes in the bread from air bubbles and as it is so thin, the holes tend to rip and then all your filling falls out.

I am currently eating a chicken salad and egg sandwich, and overall I'm not too impressed with how 'leaky' the bread is. I have mayo on my hands!

The taste is OK though, nothing wrong with that. I'm not much of a multigrain person, but this is pretty good.

Overall, I think this would be suited better to use as an open faced sandwich eaten on a plate with a fork (like a pig in the middle, or something), or as toast, because the untoasted bread is very flimsy. When toasting, set your toaster to a lighter setting. The thinner bread will toast more quickly and your regular setting may burn it to a crisp faster than you can say "Drive-thru breakfast today".
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS

Trading Score
    58 (98%)

agreed,got 2 with fpc's.They taste very decent for the type of bread however to fill up i'd have to eat itleast 4 slices.
    https://legerweb.com/VADJC Join Leger Web And Start Earning Today =)

34591328S1 Sign Up at ING Direct With This ORange Key To Receive Free $50

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

"You're paying more for someone to give you less."

That's what goes through my mind every time I see a Weight Watchers product (like their breads and bagels) and those 100-calorie cookie packs.

It's a little ridiculous when you think about the fact that these products are sold at a premium. Of course I understand that some are willing to pay a higher price for the convenient portion control, but I'd rather, like you said, just eat regular bread but less of it.

Of course you, being a SC, bought it on discount, so it was still a smart buy

[*A I M Z*]

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Maybe they don't have mayo on weight watchers so it's not an issue? lol just trying to be smart

I love buying this bread for cheap. The small size is perfect for making the kids sandwiches and French toast.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

I like the bread but you are so right about the holes in the bread. Not good for my PB&J.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    That is the weight watching gimmick here. You're having 2 slices of bread that equal 100 calories, but the bread isn't the same as a regular slice.
    The portion size isn't really a gimmick, you need to eat less if you are trying to lose weight. I think weight watchers point system is the real gimmick, if you want to lose weight you simply need to burn more calories than you consume.

I don't know if it's the same ones, but I've had the little round individual things.. they are small but pretty delicous.
    Last edited by muggos0101; Wed, Jul 13th, 2011 at 02:58 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by BuggaBugga View Post
    Maybe they don't have mayo on weight watchers so it's not an issue? lol just trying to be smart
    LOL @ eating weight watchers with mayo dripping down your hands!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I bought a loaf of the white bread on the discount rack - expiring the next day 50% off and then the coupon so the price was ok - but the loaf had mold when I got home! I was so disappointed.

I buy bread of the discount rack all the time and never had that problem.

Trading Score
    205 (100%)

I only buy Weight watchers English muffins because I love their texture and flavour. They are actually 10 more calories than Dempster's but I love their overall quality. I eat an egg sandwich on an English muffin every day for lunch. I am a calorie counter who has lost 100 pounds. I have tried a lot of "diet" and calorie reduced foods but I have just learned to stick with the basics and eat less of it. I can see the value of WW bread for those who have issues with portion control
    I am looking for quick trades for my pre-surgery stock up!

Updated TL/WL HERE

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

i agree.it is a gimmick.as long as you are exercising and not eating junk buying regualr store brand 100% whole wheat should be good...in my opinion...i have seen the bodywise bread too...and it looks like i could make 3 sandwiches with it..

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

and as long as you are keeping active,having mayo is fine...what is wrong with having mayo?

~just your average nerd~

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by TudorChick View Post
    and as long as you are keeping active,having mayo is fine...what is wrong with having mayo?
    You're right, as long as you are burning more calories than you consume, there is nothing wrong with eating mayo. It becomes a problem when the sandwich already has more calories than you're going to burn, then you slap more on top, and you realize mustard would have been a better choice.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Yes, it's mostly the size of the bread slice that's cutting calories in this. I haven't done the math, I don't know for sure if it's half a regular slice, but it's small. But it's also good for portion control for those of us who aren't good at that. Same principal as those little 100 calorie portions of cookie things (I forget the name).

As for mayo, I tried the kind that's 'real egg' because it sounded better than my usual Miracle Whip, I think it was a generic brand of Hellmans. And y'know, it was much higher in calories, and wasn't nearly as tasty! So back to Miracle Whip Light. I like that vinegary taste of the Miracle Whip.

For bread, we use regular bread for toast (whatever is on sale) although bread has become kind of expensive. I'm a fan of those thin hamburger buns too, Costco makes a brand that I can't remember the name of right now, but it makes for great hamburger buns, and great sandwiches too! Sobeys had eye of round roast on sale this week for $2 a pound, so I baked one of those on the weekend (slowly, so it's not chewy), then sliced thin, we've had sandwiches of that for a couple of days. With MIRACLE WHIP!

Thread Information