User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey guys.

I just had a very pleasant shopping trip at RCSS (believe it or not ) I managed to get some Dial NutriSkin lotion and St.Ives scrub for free. The cashier was not picky at all about the wording on the coupons (the St.Ives was for hand or body lotion but I got the travel size face scrub) I was worried she wouldnt take it but she didnt even bat an eye. I love it when couponing is a breeze and they dont make you feel like your trying to steal from them! I find that LD and Walmart can be so picky sometimes it makes me not want to go..I only go to LD if I have some really good stacks.

Whats your guys opinion? Where do you hate or love to coupon in the valley? What are some of your terrible or amazing experiences?
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, St. Ives, Walmart

lighthousejen
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

We love to shop at SOF. Were never made to feel that were 'less than' because we use coupons. Staff is always so kind to us, now we have our regular cashiers that always want to see what we save

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The abbotsford SOF? do you stack there? I have yet to try...

lighthousejen
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

Yes, our last bill we spent $116 and saved $142. Really has helped with our big family budget

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I LOVE to got to Abbotsford LD and SOF. LD I find is very knowlegable about the coupons and are always happy to see how much I saved. SOF is good too, but still learning.

I Dislike going to Zellers, WM and RCSS w/ coupons, always seem a hassle.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Im going to have to try SOF for sure now! Has anyone tried using the self checkout with coupons? I dont understand how that would work..though some people on this form say you can at the RCSS that have them..hmm....

lighthousejen
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

I haven't tried self checkout yet, but might have to take one or two and try, just to see

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Is PriceMart in Abbotsford stacking now too like SOF?

lighthousejen
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

I have wondered that as well (pricemart). If anyone knows please post

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by snow_flake51 View Post
    Im going to have to try SOF for sure now! Has anyone tried using the self checkout with coupons? I dont understand how that would work..though some people on this form say you can at the RCSS that have them..hmm....
    I have used coupons using the self checkout at RCSS in Chwk and it's sooo easy! When I've gone it's usually a small shop and I've used 2-3 manufacturer coupons. You tap the coupon key, then click the type of coupon...in my case...Manufacturer...enter the amount...then Enter. The terminal then tells you to hand your coupon to the person supervising the self check stations. They usually come up within a minute or so to take my coupons.
    When they take it all I've seen them check is that the coupon amount matches what I've entered. I think on one occasion they've actually checked to see that I've purchased the item.
    Now that's not to say that they're reading it and checking the expiry, etc when they're walking away but I haven't noticed as I'm usually hustling out of there.
    Looking for 5 minute fast, fun, easy surveys that you get paid in currency not in points? Check out PaidView Point
    Would you like to earn some paypal/amazon gift cards? Get points by clicking the lucky button at Superpoints or click here for 50 points now

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

cool! thats great to know!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hopefully the Dollorama in Abby will start accepting coupons :D

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think my worse experience was at the Chilliwack LD

I went in not knowing that NOT ALL London Drugs allow stacking, even though they have a policy posted online, apparently each location can choose how they want to interpret the coupon rules. So anyways I go in blissfully unaware that im going to get turned down with a buggie full of stuff, I cruise the aisles for quite some time and then get ready to head to customer service. I load up the counter and start to hand her the coupons to which i get "we dont allow stacking, cannot be combined with any other offer means coupons" to which I reply, " really? I regularly stack at the Abbotsford LD..whats the difference" the response was "well the Abbotsford LD is wrong" Uggghhh I was so discouraged I left my buggy behind witht he 25cents I put in to unlock it!

0o0o Im heading out to Chilliwack today to visit family, Im def going to try the self check out at RCSS. Im excited!
    Last edited by snow_flake51; Tue, Jul 5th, 2011 at 12:09 PM.

Thread Information