User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

It was great to see a number of Smart Canucks at the opening of No Frills this morning at 9 a.m. We are easily recognizable by our binders or hands full of coupons! For those who have not headed over to No Frills yet, just a heads up that they didn't have any exclusive opening specials. So, you don't need to rush to get there before the shelves are cleared. However, that said, I did get a lot of groceries for $85 and the coupon process went very well. My cashier needed a little help from the supervisor but they were well staffed (lots of Loblaws bigwigs, too) and my coupons were checked and entered very quickly. There is lots of parking behind the store and there are carts and entrance doors back there as well.

Enjoy your shopping!
    This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws, No Frills

Mario's best friendლ(ಠωಠლ MangoFruit's Avatar
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I'll go tomorrow then .
    I've gotten more than 300$ of gift cards. You can also do so by joining swagbucks:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/MangoFruit
    Also, Start out with 25 points on SUPERPOINTS: http://superpoints.com/join/airujo

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (99%)

I just came back. Didn't really buy meat (I get mine from my butcher's) or produce (I go to a local produce store in Langley), but I did get a bunch of snacks (DH doesn't cook), some frozen fish, sausages and non-perishables. Their Arm and Hammer laundry detergent are on sale for $2.00. Too bad I've used my 75 cent-coupon 2 weeks ago, and I'm still waiting on my $1.00 off coupon. When I got there at 0915H, the shelf for A&H was hall-full, and when I left at about 1030H, there were only 5 or so left. Hopefully (and I'm sure), they have tons in the back. Their Resolve Stain Remover is on sale for $2.00. I used my $1.00 off coupon, so I got 2 for $2.00. They had Old Spice deodorant for $2.00 apiece. With my $3.00 off WUB 2, I got 8 deodorants for 50 cents each! They also had Zest 3-bar soap for $1.99, and I used my $1.00-off coupon. Finish Dishwashing detergent was on sale for $2.99, and I had a coupon for $5.00 off WUB 2, so I got them for 50 cents each as well. I had 4 6-pack Powerade in my buggy, when a fellow couponer at the store told me how SOF had the mail-in rebate for Gatorade. I totally forgot about that! I had the coupon for when you buy 2 6-pack Powerade, you get a box of Vector energy bars, but I put them hastily back on the shelf, and off to SOF I go later today. I thanked her for her advice. It was awesome running into somebody who's into couponing as well. I gave some of my Zest coupons to this lady who was looking for soap, and boy oh boy did she ever thank me.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    208 (100%)

My coupon experience was fine in the end. The cashier had no idea about coupons. She thought the coupon was already reflected in the price. She called for help and all was fine. Next time she'll know.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    28 (94%)

2 hours and 2 cats to wash before I can get out there........no A&H for me? I am sure they will be out.

Hopefully will have cheese.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (99%)

Mine knew about the coupons, but she needed an override a couple of times, and the 2nd manager who showed up was so new, she had to be assisted by a more senior manager. It was a great experience though. Can't wait to be back, but for now, I think I'm all good.

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

So how are their prices for regular groceries, milk, eggs, bread that sort of thing? Cheaper than other places?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    208 (100%)

Basically the same as any other place. Some prices more and some less. Just need to know your prices. The one thing that comes to mind is pesto. Just bought at RCSS for 3.99 they had it for 3.77.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (99%)

Milk, eggs, cheese and most perishables are the same as how they are with other stores. Catelli pasta at NF - $1.99 @ WM it's $1.97. They have the $2.00-event going, so there were quite a few food items that were $2.00 each. Pizza pops, pop tarts, tomato sauce, maple syrup, frozen cod fillets, honey garlic sausage were few of the items that were $2.00 each. Bread was pretty much the same - $2.49 if I remember it correctly.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I've been googling No Frills in Surrey but nothing came up... where is the new No Frills in Surrey?

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

It's on 153 and Fraser Highway, where Winners used to be. It us called Terrys No Frills if you go right on their website.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Does anyone know if the coquitlam one is bigger or better than the surrey one? Wondering if it's worth the drive...

Trading Score
    50 (98%)

I have been to the Coquitlam one and it is about the same. The carts take a quarter not a loonie and I have noticed the prices are a little cheaper comparing the two but I don`t know if it was because of the fliers.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Thanks for answering!!

Thread Information