User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello everyone! I have just started doing this, but Im not sure I have the hang of it yet.

I was just wondering if you guys could answer some questions.

I am mostly getting my coupons from inserts, some printable online but MOSTLY from e.mailing companies and telling them I like their product.

1- Can you purchase the same item with a coupon several times. For the resolve deal for example, I have 3 coupons. Can I buy 3 of them or is there a limit of one bottle and one coupon?

Also...could I get around that then by doing a self-check out at the Superstore and just ringing each bottle like a seperate customer?

2- Where do you guys get coupons at the superstore and use it at other places? Is it from that coupon wall they have? Because I thought those expired daily.

3- Any other tips you have for me would be great!

Thank you!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

oh dear. ok one coupon equals on product. i got a friend of mine 9 resleve tonight. all in one transaction walk into any superstore you will see a small display or wall that says coupon zone. they have expirydateson them. it's usually that they are good for two weeks from when they are put up there. if it says "coupon zone" on the top left its only good for superstore. if it says "manufacturers" coupon you can take it to any store as for other tips. i have a group on FB if you'd like to PM me and i can link you to it i hope this helps!!

NBcouponer
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wherever you are shopping, always check the aisles for coupons too, i.e., at Superstore, sometimes they'll have product brand coupons that you don't see on the coupon zone wall.

I'm pretty sure you can use the coupon zone coupon from Superstore at Wal-Mart (only at Wal-Mart), as they take competitors' coupons. I've used them there without any issue, as they told me themselves that they take competitors' coupons anytime I've used one.

Tips - you may already be aware and it sounds like you are starting out great, if you can, wait for sales so that you can combine a coupon with a sale item for a better deal. A lot of coupons have long expiry dates, and it's amazing the amount you can save if you can wait for certain items to go on sale.

Also, if you know family or friends that receive the newspapers, and they don't use their coupon inserts, ask if you can have them. It quickly adds to the amount of coupons you have. In turn, you can stock up on certain items with more coupons (because for the most part as mentioned above, one coupon per purchase means one coupon per item purchased), so let's say you have 5 of X coupon and X product goes on sale, you can stock up, which definitely helps save money in the long run.

Another tip - Take advantage of rewards programs. If you don't have various customer loyalty rewards cards, get them. Shoppers Drug Mart Optimum Card is my favourite, but there are lots more out there too. Everything helps.

Another tip - Watch out for special events from local stores. For example, Canadian Tire is running a promotion this weekend (Saturday and Sunday only) where all customers get a winning scratch card (no purchase necessary) and you can get a $3.00 Tim Horton's gift card, $5.00 off your purchase in-store at Canadian Tire, etc. One of my favourites is when stores run "No tax" days

Sorry for the lengthy response, I hope this helps, and never hesitate to ask questions, we are a great community of couponers online here, looking out for one another as we all try to save some money!

Happy shopping!

NBcouponer
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oh, I forgot another important tip - Price Match! You can price match most items advertised in a competitor's flyer at various stores, like Wal-Mart, Zellers, Canadian Tire, etc., as long as the size of the item and the dollar price is printed in the competitor's flyer and matches the item that you are price matching. You'll need to bring the other competitor's flyer with you and give it or show it to the cashier when ringing it through.

Price matching is great because a lot of the time, it lets you avoid having to make an additional shopping trip at another store if you can price match the item at the store you are shopping at (which of course, saves gas, time, etc.).

Last edited by Pamela30; Thu, Jun 30th, 2011 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Grammar

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Another way of getting coupon you need is to let other couponers help. You can set up trades for coupons that you dont use. I like to stick to local couponers, others will trade across the country.

Another point, never look for ways to "get around" any rules. It is important for all of us that you follow the rules. Make sure you learn the policies and the meaning of the jargon. Be really nice to cashiers, be organized when using coupons and price match.

I take little stickies and write down my price matches, Item-Store being matched and location of item in the flier,stick it on the item, to make it easier for the cashier. I also set the coupon ontop of the item it goes with so that the cashier can check easily that it matches.

You can search the coupon policy for most stores, or on this site find copies of emails sent to couponers clarifying policies. So that you know what you can and cant do at each.

You want the cashier happy for you that you saved money not ticked because you caused a huge amount of work.
    E

Thread Information