User Tag List

Thread: Coupon storage

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Alright I'm at a point that I need some kind of storage for my coupons. Right now I have them in a Ziplock bag and carry the whole bag when I go out. I do place all the coupons I'm going in for on top but I really need something better then this.
    What do you use and where did you buy it.
    I was thinking of getting a binder with those plastic card holders I don't know where I can find these though. I went in Wal-Mart once and had no idea where I could find them.
    Let me know the best method that works for you!
    Thanks in advance!
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Hi Chriscadia,

I have both a small accordion style folder that fits in my purse and a binder with the plastic baseball card pages. I bought the accordion folder at Walmart for around $3 You can find it in the stationary/school supply section of the store with all the file folders and I had a binder at home already and just bought the baseball card pages at the dollar store (10/$1). I use the binder for the coupons that I trade only.

Hope this helps!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I didn't know they had them at the Dollarstore! I'll be going there when my little guy wakes from his nap! Thanks a bunch.
    I wanted something that I can use where I can see all the coupons and flip through quickly. Thanks so much

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

You could get a binder anywhere they sell school supplies even the dollar store. It all depends on how fancy you want it. The baseball card holder(plastic sleeve) was purchased at walmart in the photo isle for 3,98 or something like that. right werer the develop your photoes. Then I found some at the dollar store ,8 for 1$. My self I have the type of binder with lots of pockets and an accordian spot. I think it's better then a plain one. I managed to have my flyers, scisors, pens, pencils and I still hace space for more stuff in it if needed.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is the method that works best for me. I have a binder divided in sections and subsections (the sub sections are not labled, but I only put certain coupons on certain pages, even if there is room on other pages) EX:

GROCERY
    condiments
    yougourt
    cereal/breakfast
    baking
    meals (hamburger helper, pizza highliner etc.)
    school snack
    beverages

BABY

PERSONAL
    make up
    deoderant
    soaps
    hair care
    teeth stuff!
    shaving stuff

MEDICINE

HOUSEHOLD
    spray cleaners
    laundry
    paper products
    dish washing

OTHER
    batteries, lysol no touch, bug spray, pets etc.

when i get lots of coupons from a tear pad, I put one copy in my binder and the rest I paperclip and put into similar sections in my accordian files. I keep most of my doubles in there and the binder has at least one copy of everything and all of the save.ca, websaver, and p&g (cause those doubles fit neatly into the pockets behind each other)

I dont put my coupons double sided in the binder anymore. I started off doing this, but it is a lot easier to only use 1/holder (unless you put copies in the same one)

I carry my binder and accordian files in a large reuseable grocery bag and take it with me whenever I go shopping. (every time i leave it home i miss a good sale! last week I went to super store to get the baby's pics taken and didnt bring the binder...they had gushers for 1.99 and hamburger helper for 1.69..I missed out!)

hope this helps, it took me a while to figure out what worked the best for me, you will figure it out too.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Tara Lynn - great ideal about placing 1 folded coupon(bigger coupons) in the sleeve and the rest in the accordion. I previously just put all those big ones in the accordion, but will now do it the same way as you. everything else you do ,I do it pretty much the same way.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Awesome tips!!! I did get the baseball card sleaves yesterday at the dollarstore. It took me a while to find but I did in the toy section.
    I was so proud when I filled up all the sleaves. I'll need more when the stike's done and I get my other coupons through the mail.
    Another question, how do you get many of the same coupon? I've set up accounts for myself at my house and I have one that gets sent to my mother's house. So I can get 2 coupons of the same items. It's when I hear people getting 8-10 coupons of the same item, how do they do it?

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I only have 2 accounts like you. The way to get alot is by trading, coupon trains and buying several news papers when the inserts are out. Alot of people dumpster dive. Others just get some from their neighbours. You can also get alot from tear pads in stores.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well I wouldn't go dumpster diving but I sure can get inserts from others
    Thanks, I was just so surprised to hear how many people had lots of free Cheerios yesterday and I was only able to find one coupon and only got to get one since at that time I had one account.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I don't dumpster dive eighter. For 1 it can't be done here cause there are no dumpsters and I just wouldn't feel compfortable doing it. By all meens I am not juging the ones who do...the more power to them.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I have a binder for the coupons I trade. This binder has baseball cards sleeves and project card protector. I also use dividers. FOr the one that I always carry with me, I use a small accordeon folder. You can get nice one at the dollorama now. Bought mine like 3 years ago at Walmart. I honestly need to find a better system for the one that I keep, but I'm not ready to go out with a binder just yet. I'm still one of those that don't really show her coupons to everyone hihi
    Got $120 AGC. Joined end of FEB 2011. Join the fun!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kappi

I've just join SUPERPOINTS, how about you ??? http://superpoints.com/wrpgs/7n547a

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I will go out with my binder now. I try never leave the house without it because you never know when you'll find a great deal. (has happened a few times for me up to now) But I do make up my list before leaving to go shopping and I'll take out the coupons that I need and have it seperated so I don't have to go searching through my binder in the store.

Thread Information