User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Expired
    Sorry if this has been discussed before, but today I noticed that my Pledge FPC was going to expire today (May 27) so I went to Walmart to get it.

I never used a coupon so close or even on the date of the expiry. So when I gave my coupon to the cashier, she didn't know if I could use it and had to ask a supervisor.

The supervisor said no, flat out no...even after I told her that today is May 27. Her excuse was if the coupon says it expires on May 27, then it expire on May 27. You can use it yesterday when it was May 26. By this time I was like huh?

Even the people behind me in line didn't think it was true and said that I could use it today also. So I tried to explain to her that the coupon says May 27 and I have up to today to use it. The supervisor insisted that I can't use it and started to get angry. She yelled at us (yes us, even the people behind me in line) and just walked away.

So okay, it's my bad for using the coupon so close to the expiry date. But was she right? I always thought I had until the expiry date on the coupon to use it.

Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    Follow me on Tumblr or Twitter!

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

I've used coupons on the day that they have been expired.
    I'm always open to trading for pet product coupons (especially free products and high value coupons) - I donate these items to shelters and rescue groups.
    My motivation - My Dog. Read his story here: www.freewebs.com/michelle_and_dinglehopper

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

I think she was totally wrong. I have used coupons on the expiry date. Be it store or resturant coupons, they should still be honoured today until midnight as far as Im concerned.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

WTF?? That supervisor must have been on crack! She should have let you use the coupon because it expires on May 27th at 11:59pm....which is how it works for ALL coupons. You can use them anytime up to and including the expiry date. Hope you were able to use it somewhere else...did you try SDM or RCSS/Loblaws? Seriously...

Trading Score
    187 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by kiwis-mom View Post
    WTF?? That supervisor must have been on crack! She should have let you use the coupon because it expires on May 27th at 11:59pm....which is how it works for ALL coupons. You can use them anytime up to and including the expiry date. Hope you were able to use it somewhere else...did you try SDM or RCSS/Loblaws? Seriously...

LMFAO.... glad someone else said it the way I would like too!.... wtf was she thinking.... the coupon can be used on the day it says it expires,.... I do it often enough and have never even been questioned once!

http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=150767
    *** PLEASE click my referral link ***

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

That expiry date is that last day that you can use the coupon. So May 27, you can still use it.

I didn't use any of my Pledge FPC b/c I couldn't find the product at any store I went to. Should I traded them.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

I always wonder the same thing about meat, if its best before the 27th it means anytime before, not that day. So if I had meat that was best before the 27th I wouldn't eat it on the 27th...however a coupon is "ON SALE UNTIL" which is the same as a flyer sale that ends on the 27th...if you tried to by a sale item on the 27th they still sell it to you right, not say sorry that sale ends on the 27th so you had to make your purchases on the 26th.
    Sorry I'm just talking on and on and on and on....

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

You know what I would have said?

Your store flyer is from May 22 to May 28. The flyer specials don't end on May 27, they end on May 28. It's the same thing with coupons, moron. They're valid until the end of day of the expiry date. (Ok, I would leave the moron part out, but I would be thinkin' it!)

Semi-Retired
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Some people are just morons.

Period.

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by manzervite View Post
    You know what I would have said?

Your store flyer is from May 22 to May 28. The flyer specials don't end on May 27, they end on May 28. It's the same thing with coupons, moron. They're valid until the end of day of the expiry date. (Ok, I would leave the moron part out, but I would be thinkin' it!)
    i was thinking the same thing too! but she just walked away, it's like she doesn't even want to talk to me anymore.

well i emailed walmart anyways, because the way the supervisor handled the situation was really unprofessional, she didn't even want to listen to me and her excuse made no sense what so ever.

and yes, i did use the coupon at Zellers though, there was no way i was going to let my FPC go to waste!

thanks everyone who replied!
    Last edited by pink_panda; Wed, May 27th, 2009 at 08:11 PM.
    Follow me on Tumblr or Twitter!

Trading Score
    187 (98%)

manzervite..... no better said! I will have to remember that if they ever did try this one on me!

http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=150767
    *** PLEASE click my referral link ***

Trading Score
    115 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pink_panda View Post
    i was thinking the same thing too! but she just walked away, it's like she doesn't even want to talk to me anymore.

well i emailed walmart anyways, because the way the supervisor handled the situation was really unprofessional, she didn't even want to listen to me and her excuse made no sense what so ever.

and yes, i did use the coupon at Zellers though, there was no way i was going to let my FPC go to waste!

thanks everyone who replied!
    Good for you for complaining to Wal-Mart Head Office, this is not acceptable customer service from a supervisor. If you don't hear anything back via email in a few days I would call to complain as I'm sure Wal-Mart would not like this employee treating their customers in that manner, period.

And yes, I agree with everyone else that posted here, you should be allowed to use it today, I have before many times no problems! Glad to hear Zellers gave you no troubles.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I'd let Walmart know that that FPC got "spent" at Zellars the same day, and that supervisor cost them some profit too....I'm sure they'd rather have the money in their tills than Zellars...

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I'm glad you complained to head office, I would have been upset enough by the stupidity of the supervisor to have asked for the store manager. I agree the coupon is good until midnight, glad you got to use it at Zellers.

Banned
    Trading Score
    93 (100%)

A lot of time the store doesn't send the coupons away to the companies right away anyway. I have read on this forum instances of when the coupon was expired and they still accepted it. Just another case of, it depends on the cashier.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information