User Tag List

Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Trader tracking list

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trade setup
    Tabby40 ..... Feb.15 .....babydoll ...received.
    Last edited by Tabby40; Fri, Mar 23rd, 2012 at 10:34 AM.

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

flyingdutch (12)..... Mar 6 .....pending......jasperandchar (23)

jackierw
    Trading Score
    101 (100%)

DO NOT TRADE WITH: Jmacarthur

negotiated a trade early feb. they inboxed me to let me know that their end(1 book of stamps) was returned by canada post - I confirmed the correct address. I followed up with msg feb 16th no response I followed up with msg end of feb(and a neg rating warning) after which I gave a neg. rating. their reply was "your coupons are and have been in the mail..."

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

received trade from couponmon81.

trade finished. please remove from the list.
    Last edited by Sanrio; Mon, Mar 12th, 2012 at 02:27 AM.

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

flyingdutch (12)..... Mar 6 .....pending......jasperandchar (23)

both sides received today & feedback left by both

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

ArmyWifeEdonton (86) ....8 February ..... EYAsaves$ (0) pending, no response to 2 pms

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

flyingdutch (13)..... Mar 18 .....pending......mrsfreeman (6)

flyingdutch (13)..... Mar 18 .....pending......pandabear (36)

flyingdutch (13)..... Mar 18 .....pending......calinatrix (3)

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

Peachykeen2007 (264) -- Mar 19 -- pending -- steen33 (2)

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    117 (100%)

I think this thread should not be limited to >15 feedback as it's (some) traders with a history that don't hold up their end of a trade as well.
    Support your Starbucks habit like me.Free Starbucks Gift Cards!

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MDellen View Post
    I think this thread should not be limited to >15 feedback as it's (some) traders with a history that don't hold up their end of a trade as well.
    The reason that this thread was started was because there were new people joining SC, within the first day setting up a bunch of really high value trades and then disappearing. It was a way to write down the trades that new members were posting to try to combat this in a fair and more public way. I have never seen this list as a forum for posting about people who aren't good on their trades, or as anything negative (though I've noticed a lot of people do), it's just a reference list. Obvious if there are 20 trades involving 1 person that might mean that people are cautious if they want to send a high value envie to that new trader or instead wait to get their end first. I have always seen the "negative feedback thread" as a place to comment on a more specific situation, such as one with a more seasoned trader. And as always if you have a specific problem, with a specific trader that you can't work out between the two of you... then that's when you should message Sally and get some outside help.

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

flyingdutch (13)..... Mar 18 .....pending......pandabear (36) trade has been received by both sides and feedback has been left
    flyingdutch (13)..... Mar 18 .....pending......calinatrix (3) trade has been received by both sides and feedback has been left

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutch View Post
    The reason that this thread was started was because there were new people joining SC, within the first day setting up a bunch of really high value trades and then disappearing. It was a way to write down the trades that new members were posting to try to combat this in a fair and more public way. I have never seen this list as a forum for posting about people who aren't good on their trades, or as anything negative (though I've noticed a lot of people do), it's just a reference list. Obvious if there are 20 trades involving 1 person that might mean that people are cautious if they want to send a high value envie to that new trader or instead wait to get their end first. I have always seen the "negative feedback thread" as a place to comment on a more specific situation, such as one with a more seasoned trader. And as always if you have a specific problem, with a specific trader that you can't work out between the two of you... then that's when you should message Sally and get some outside help.

That makes sense to me, but my thoughts are this: I am currently having problems which I have posted about in the other thread, as well as message Sally. The date I made the trade, there were already two other traders waiting on four different envelopes. (that I know of) At that time, their trades were only 1-2 weeks previous and not necessarily enough time to start to worry enough to post in the negative exp. thread. If those trades were posted here, however, I may of thought twice about making a trade with someone who had at least two envelopes 'awaiting arrival' from 2 weeks ago as well as two one week old ones. (again, that I know of)

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MDellen View Post
    That makes sense to me, but my thoughts are this: I am currently having problems which I have posted about in the other thread, as well as message Sally. The date I made the trade, there were already two other traders waiting on four different envelopes. (that I know of) At that time, their trades were only 1-2 weeks previous and not necessarily enough time to start to worry enough to post in the negative exp. thread. If those trades were posted here, however, I may of thought twice about making a trade with someone who had at least two envelopes 'awaiting arrival' from 2 weeks ago as well as two one week old ones. (again, that I know of)
    I totally understand where you are coming from and agree that knowing if someone is not making good on their trades is information that you, as someone who wants to make a trade, would want to know before going ahead and confirming it. However... I'm not sure if there's a way to make sure that people put information like this down to "experienced traders". As it is this is only a voluntary list for people to record when they have set up trades with newer members, not everyone uses it (or even knows that it exists). Maybe wanting to have an area to post all "in progress" trade interactions (new and older members alike) is something you could bring up with one of the mods (Sally comes to mind since she is the mod who usually deals with trade stuff) and they can decide if it's something they want to add as a sticky. Otherwise my only suggestion in cases like this is to look at the trade ratings for the person you are discussing a trade with and use that to help decide if they are someone you want to deal with. I know that information (in the form of a negative rating) is sometimes slower to get posted there so maybe checking out their profile wall (if they have one) is another option...

In the end I don't think there will ever be a 100% way to track trades and prevent people from getting burned (by new member or old member)... but having threads like this for more statistically "higher risk" trades is a good start.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutch View Post
    I totally understand where you are coming from and agree that knowing if someone is not making good on their trades is information that you, as someone who wants to make a trade, would want to know before going ahead and confirming it. However... I'm not sure if there's a way to make sure that people put information like this down to "experienced traders". As it is this is only a voluntary list for people to record when they have set up trades with newer members, not everyone uses it (or even knows that it exists). Maybe wanting to have an area to post all "in progress" trade interactions (new and older members alike) is something you could bring up with one of the mods (Sally comes to mind since she is the mod who usually deals with trade stuff) and they can decide if it's something they want to add as a sticky. Otherwise my only suggestion in cases like this is to look at the trade ratings for the person you are discussing a trade with and use that to help decide if they are someone you want to deal with. I know that information (in the form of a negative rating) is sometimes slower to get posted there so maybe checking out their profile wall (if they have one) is another option...

In the end I don't think there will ever be a 100% way to track trades and prevent people from getting burned (by new member or old member)... but having threads like this for more statistically "higher risk" trades is a good start.

I know, it's not easy and it's hard to come up with a viable solution. I agree that people don't use these two threads enough, but I've noticed that people don't even like to post negative comments on walls or even give negative feedback! I guess people are more concerned with not hurting others' feelings but I think that just makes for a flawed system.
    flyingdutch likes this.

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

flyingdutch (13)..... Mar 18 .....pending......mrsfreeman (6) trade hasbeen received by both sides and feedback left

Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Thread Information