User Tag List

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

So I just got back from a trip to the Dollarama in Ancaster (on Wilson Street). I asked if I'd be able to use the Save $1 St. Ives coupon from the June SmartSource at their location. The cashier wasn't sure and called another lady to verify, and that lady said no because the item "does not match the picture" and "you'd be getting it for free". I explained that coupons don't need to match the pictures and that they'd be reimbursed by the manufacturer, and she said "Well we're a Dollarama so we go by the picture." She also mentioned that she "doesn't know how that work" in terms of how the store gets money back from the coupons.

I was wondering if anybody has had a similar experience there? I'm not sure if I should contact Head Office about the whole problem of them going by the picture only, since that could pose a lot of future problems when people use coupons with pictures on them.

I keep seeing people using their St. Ives coupons at Dollarama in the bragging section and I've yet to find one that will accept my coupon... I've been to four different locations now.
    This thread is currently associated with: Dollarama, Smart Source, St. Ives
    - Couponing since May 27, 2011 -
    I earned enough swagbucks to redeem for a $5 Amazon e-gift card in my first week of joining
    ! JOIN SWAGBUCKS

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

That location is terrible. I got the same story "the picture must match the item".....however they conveniently didn't follow that rule whenever the item wouldn't be free. She just doesn't want to let anyone get anything for free. I ended up getting Dove bar soaps and something else...I forget what.

The best location is in the Meadowlands....they just put the coupons through and don't give a hassle.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KellyC View Post
    That location is terrible. I got the same story "the picture must match the item".....however they conveniently didn't follow that rule whenever the item wouldn't be free. She just doesn't want to let anyone get anything for free. I ended up getting Dove bar soaps and something else...I forget what.

The best location is in the Meadowlands....they just put the coupons through and don't give a hassle.
    I guess she's just mad that she doesn't get stuff for free. =/ That's too bad though... I liked their selection of stuff otherwise. I spent almost $25 there today without any coupons (I already had a full cart of things to purchase, including things I was having trouble hunting down at other Dollaramas, when I wandered over to the cash with my ONE St. Ives coupon and ONE small bottle of lotion. LOL)

I'll check out Meadowlands. Thanks!
    - Couponing since May 27, 2011 -
    I earned enough swagbucks to redeem for a $5 Amazon e-gift card in my first week of joining
    ! JOIN SWAGBUCKS

Thread Information