User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

We need a conductor- I can volunteer to be it if you all want.
    I have never been in a train but its fairly simple.
    1) Pick a conductor and mail (5?) coupons to the conductor
    2) The conductor sends the coupons to the first person who can take a couple of coupons from the envelope and replace them (with a record of what is going in and out)
    3) Then that person will mail the envelope to the next person on the list
    4) and so on...

Inside the envelope will be a sheet with all our names and addresses and the order in which the envelope will travel (decided by the conductor based on ease of location)

How about we use this as our official thread and get this started asap so we can start saving!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

great sound good to me.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyah View Post
    We need a conductor- I can volunteer to be it if you all want.
    I have never been in a train but its fairly simple.
    1) Pick a conductor and mail (5?) coupons to the conductor
    2) The conductor sends the coupons to the first person who can take a couple of coupons from the envelope and replace them (with a record of what is going in and out)
    3) Then that person will mail the envelope to the next person on the list
    4) and so on...

Inside the envelope will be a sheet with all our names and addresses and the order in which the envelope will travel (decided by the conductor based on ease of location)

How about we use this as our official thread and get this started asap so we can start saving!
    I've been on a few trains - I don't mean to be negative - just trying to be helpful! Usually the conductor has at least $100+ in coupons and sends to first person on the list - that person takes what they want and replaces it $ for $ (usually adds more). They also usually include a BP (boarding pass) for the conductor (generally one or two stamps or coupons from the conductors wish list). Then it gets mailed to the next person on the list.

By mailing coupons to you first, the passengers would be using twice the stamps!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AcesMama View Post
    I've been on a few trains - I don't mean to be negative - just trying to be helpful! Usually the conductor has at least $100+ in coupons and sends to first person on the list - that person takes what they want and replaces it $ for $ (usually adds more). They also usually include a BP (boarding pass) for the conductor (generally one or two stamps or coupons from the conductors wish list). Then it gets mailed to the next person on the list.

By mailing coupons to you first, the passengers would be using twice the stamps!

I don't think you're being negative at all.. thanks for your input. I've never done a train before so thanks. I think each rider has a wishlist also. Think alot of people are interested but would rather a more seasoned couponers to get things started. $100.00 in coupons is alot for me right now, alot of mine have expiry dates for August.. I don't think we should start a train for coupons expiring in August.. September/october might be better. What do you think?
    Last edited by Roxanne0399; Tue, Aug 2nd, 2011 at 08:02 PM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne0399 View Post
    I don't think you're being negative at all.. thanks for your input. I've never done a train before so thanks. I think each rider has a wishlist also. Think alot of people are interested but would rather a more seasoned couponers to get things started. $100.00 in coupons is alot for me right now, alot of mind have expiry dates for August.. I don't think we should start a train for coupons expiring in August.. September/october might be better. What do you think?
    I agree - a lot of my coupons are expiring July/August. I would be willing to be the conductor (but if someone else would rather do it - that's fine too! - I don't want to step on anyone's toes!!) - but I think I would have to wait until I get more coupons with later expiries - I will double check my binder when I get home.
    Last edited by AcesMama; Thu, Jul 21st, 2011 at 09:55 AM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Ahhhhh! I see!!
    I definately can not be the conductor because I do not have that many coupons- I am still very new.
    Count me in though X2 because my mother will also join but she does not use SC very proficiently.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I think this is great.you are right about the July/August the 100 in coupons is out for me also as like alot of you I'm a newbie any time you think we can get started will be fine with me just let me know.I also think the sooner we can figer things out and get started the better for all of us.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AcesMama View Post
    I agree - a lot of my coupons are expiring July/August. I would be willing to be the conductor (but if someone else would rather do it - that's fine too! - I don't want to step on anyone's toes!!) - but I think I would have to wait until I get more coupons with later expiries - I will double check my binder when I get home.

Good Idea!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I checked my binders last night and I have enough for two trains!! Will post details tonight!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I would love to! I'm in Hr. Grace.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tetley269 View Post
    I would love to! I'm in Hr. Grace.

This train has left the station but i'm sure there'll be another train soon.. brandsaver, smart source will have new coupons soon + in the fall we should see more coupons in stores.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    125 (100%)

I would love to get in on a train as I have multiples of coupons I just won't use and hate to have them expire...let me know when one starts

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

didn't see this until now. still not sure how a train works. going to have to do some reading up on it tonight

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I have so many coupons that i will not use and if anybody wants to start a train or just train let me know

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information