User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    52 (100%)

I wrote and asked Redplum why I have NOT gotten my inserts in my local paper for over two months....they wrote back and said it is no longer available in my area ....OMG, that's great....what does one do now with out the coupons ...they said they couldn't put me on their mailing list due to the high demand they have received in the last month.....I am so sad not sure how to get them now any suggestions.....just need to let anyone is the surrey area know they will not be getting them

Here is a copy of the email I got today regarding the inserts, I got my leader and Surrey now papers today and NO inserts of any kind.....I wonder why certain areas are not getting them.hmmmmmmm

Good Morning

Thank you for your interest in our RedPlum flyer.

RedPlum is distributed to home delivered subscribers of the major newspapers and local papers. The Surrey Now does not distribute the RedPlum, but The Surrey/North Delta Leader does.

Unfortunately, due to the extreme increase in requests, we are no longer able to maintain a mailing list. For the requests in which I had an email address, I have notified them that we will no longer be sending out flyers.

Sorry we are unable to fill your request.

Valassis Canada
    This thread is currently associated with: Red Plum
    Last edited by Smilesaver; Fri, Jul 8th, 2011 at 02:53 AM. Reason: adding something

please add your SC's name when doing a trade
    then I can make sure I can rate YOU

Trading Score
    81 (97%)

we dont get them in vancouver-east.
    never have either.

Trading Score
    121 (98%)

Maybe if you're close to White Rock, you can grab one from the Peace Arch. It's free, and can be found at mostly all corner stores ect.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

I honestly can't remember when the last time it was that I found any Redplums in downtown Vancouver. I think all the Redplums I've gotten this year have been from trades and/or meetings.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I live in BC too, and never ever have gotten any type of coupon in my inserts
    my whole life.

Mario's best friendლ(ಠωಠლ MangoFruit's Avatar
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

-scratches head- I got them with my flyers. =/
    I've gotten more than 300$ of gift cards. You can also do so by joining swagbucks:
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/MangoFruit
    Also, Start out with 25 points on SUPERPOINTS: http://superpoints.com/join/airujo

Mama of 4
    Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Hmmm my parents got a Red Plum in their Surrey Leader last week. You can get the weekend Vancouver Sun delivered...it would come every Saturday. I know you would have to pay for the delivery, but the savings are greater Just a thought.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I live in east Van and got 4 copies of Red Plum in last week's Courier flyers...

Senior Canuck ShoestringShopper's Avatar
    Trading Score
    47 (100%)

I got the last Redplum in the Surrey Leader. Must be just certain parts of Surrey that are no longer receiving them.

Trading Score
    52 (100%)

Thank YOU, I just need to find a car to get there.

This is the email I got today from the company about trying to get inserts mailed to me and this is how I found out we are not getting them. It says we are to get them in the Surrey Leader...well today I got both the Surrey Leader and the Surrey Now and nothing no inserts.....so close to not doing this anymore... ;(
    Good Morning

RedPlum is distributed to home delivered subscribers of the major newspapers and local papers. The Surrey Now does not distribute the RedPlum, but The Surrey/North Delta Leader does.

Unfortunately, due to the extreme increase in requests, we are no longer able to maintain a mailing list. For the requests in which I had an email address, I have notified them that we will no longer be sending out flyers.

Valassis Canada

Trading Score
    52 (100%)

I think your right just certain areas but wish they would tell us what areas. I got the Leader today and nothing ;(

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Scheduled coupon inserts always come in our Saturday papers. Would that not be the same for BC?
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Smilesaver View Post
    Thank YOU, I just need to find a car to get there.

This is the email I got today from the company about trying to get inserts mailed to me and this is how I found out we are not getting them. It says we are to get them in the Surrey Leader...well today I got both the Surrey Leader and the Surrey Now and nothing no inserts.....so close to not doing this anymore... ;(
    Good Morning

Valassis Canada
    I'm in Surrey and got the Red Plum last week in the Leader. Not sure if you are aware but there is a schedule/release date for RedPlum and SmartSource:

SmartSource 2011:

• July 9
    • August 6
    • August 27
    • September 24
    • October 15
    • November 5
    • December 3

Redplum 2011:

• July 2
    • August 13
    • September 10
    • October 1
    • October 29
    • November 26

Also as per communications between the LOCAL papers and myself, Surrey Leader and The Now:

The Now has authorization to and does distribute Smart Source as per the above schedule. The Leader has authorization and does distribute Red Plum as per the above schedule.

I am reading/understanding the message you received from Valassis as this >>> due to the extreme request for inserts from Valassis directly, they can no longer maintain their mailing list which they used to do. I got the same response when I sent an email request to them for direct mailing as I have a problem with inserts going missing from the front of my condo building before they get into my lobby. But unfortunately with this explosion in coupon usage lately...the demand is HIGH

Based on the schedule you can get both inserts in the Sun and Province too. I may be misunderstanding, but I don't think they are eliminating delivery in Surrey via the local papers.

Hope this helps some
    Toni

Trading Score
    52 (100%)

Thank you Toni

I will print this on put it on my FRIG lol....thanks again

Trading Score
    52 (100%)

I never got the Redplum on July 2 in any paper the now or leader..hmmmmmm makes you wonder some times where they are going, lol......after many emails and phone calls to the papers they have new delivery people now and still no inserts....

Does any in Surrey know what paper the Redplum came in on July 2nd? then I can call them to see why my area did not get them.

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information