User Tag List

Thread: Donating

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

So my daughter and I went to the SPCA to make a donation. She was donating some toys that she had got for her birthday and I donated some cleaning supplies. They were so nice when they found out that the toys we from her birthday. They gave her a little gift bag and we got a tour of the facilities.

It was great and an eye opening experience. If anyone sees great prices where I can use those Iam coupons I would appreciate it. I guess I will need to start buying more cleaning supplies as they have a lot of animals there in the back.

So how many of you have actually made donations as opposed to just saying you will and who/what do you donate to? Maybe we can make a trade. I know most people don't use the dog food coupons. Maybe you use diapers.
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I do not donate. Everything I have gets eaten/used or shared with mom. I think it people who donate are really sweet. Keep up the good work!

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

I donate. But I sometimes have limited time to go out coupon shopping and just use one to lower the cost. I have tried at Save on once but no dice. London Drugs maybe once or twice.

But the SPCA is one of my fave places to donate. I usually phone and put the donation on my credit card. They always need cash too.

But alwaysdaddysgirl, it is so noble of you to actually go and donate. Sometimes I do drop off a couple of bags of dog or cat food there, and at other times I give food to the people I know who have pets, but are short of food/money.

The real hero here is your DAUGHTER! What a great child you are raising. Congratulations and hugs to both of you.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I would be happy to trade "donatationable coupons." My main focus is on Bosco homes because DH works there. They need a lot of toiletries, food items, dish soap, laundry soap and a few cleaning things. I am happy to trade the pet food and the majority of the cleaning stuff I collect.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I have just started collecting items for donation within the past few weeks. I have chosen to donate to the Elizabeth Fry Society. Essentially, they help women who have been released from prison, who have recently been released from rehab, who are escaping domestic violence...etc. I have been stockpiling wipes, Nexxus shampoo/conditioner, a few deodorants....basicly anything I can get my hands on for women and children for next to no cost for me. I can't afford to do much out of pocket so I'm always looking for stackables or freebies.

I just coupon-ferried a whole bunch of pet food coupons, but if you send me a pm (so I can remember you are collecting) then I will send my pet food coupons to you when I get them.

Great cause, good for you!
    Join me on Swagbucks and earn money and giftcards. So easy, so fun!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Kanda2004

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I'm happy to ship to BC as well, though many of the things you want will be on my list as well. How about more on the beauty end, like makeup? What I can do is keep you in the loop when I find deals here that you can check for there. My goal always less than 25 cents plus tax per item. Elizabeth Fry is a great cause.

Make sure you ask if they will give a tax receipt for in kind donations, and whether it is on fair market value or purchase price. The reasoning for fair market value is that this is an opportunity cost to you, you could have kept the products yourself and benefitted. The same principle applies that applies to donations for silent auctions, meal programs, etc.. A store gets a receipt for the retail price of the products they donate, not just their cost. I've checked with an accountant and a lawyer, back when I ran a charity, and it's all above board, as long as you provide an itemized list of what is donated, what regular shelf price is and what tax you actually paid. I keep a copy of this for myself as well.

Good Luck!

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Every time I go for a tour at the SPCA I go to value village first and buy a bunch of stuffy toys for the dogs. Lol. I donate a lot of toiletries too because we have brands we like and stick to them. My husband no longer likes old spice so I use the coupons for donations. I sent to bags of toiletries to the slave lake people when it first happened! Lol

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

I have two of the Brandsaver Iams coupons that are going to expire July 31 (50c wet dog or cat food and $2 dry dog or cat food).

You can have them if you are willing to pick them up! I'm in the Strathcona area.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You guys are awesome! I volunteer at the SPCA and am a foster parent so always have puppies and kittens at home. Iams actually supports the Humane society so they really don't need food donations. What the Humane society needs for the animals is toys, kitty litter, blankets and more kitty litter. Thanks for thinking of the animals wish everyone did more often.

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

My daughter and I were at Petsmart and they were having a sale so we have a bunch more toys and I finally have a place for our old blankets. Unfortunately we don't get coupons for kitty litter. Maybe my daughter and I will start to make some polar fleece toys and donate those along with cleaning supplies.

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Hkymom66 View Post
    You guys are awesome! I volunteer at the SPCA and am a foster parent so always have puppies and kittens at home. Iams actually supports the Humane society so they really don't need food donations. What the Humane society needs for the animals is toys, kitty litter, blankets and more kitty litter. Thanks for thinking of the animals wish everyone did more often.
    Good to know. I knew they needed toys but never even thought about kitty litter.

Thread Information