User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Update on Hope in last post

My husband is upset. He's working and where he's at downtown on sat, there was a family of pigeons. He's on a rooftop of a commercial building. He moved a sheet and parent pigeons scared the hell outta him and flew away. He's been upset all weekend wondering if the parents would come back. He's there today, and no parents and only one youth bird left, the crows got the other one They were there on the roof today. Obviously the parents left their babies there
    Hubby says the bird is about the size of a cockateil or so, but can't fly yet. He's bringing it home so it has a chance to live. What do I feed it? Is there pigeion food out there? What if it's too small to eat on it's own?? What do I do?? Theres no place to take it and I am soooo scared of it dying. Poor thing must be starved and thirsty Is there any health rish if I keep it inside a bird cage at home? Help please. If we don't bring it home it will die, and the other ppl coming on the roof will just turf the bird as it is in their way
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by recessionisnotfun; Tue, Jul 26th, 2011 at 03:25 PM.
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

I have wild bird food here as I feed the lil sparrows here, would that do? What if it can't eat on it's own yet?
    LF: $ 4.00 off any covergirl, 2.00 axe,RLF ARMSTRONG cheese, black diamond, 3.00 gain. 2.00 Majesta. Have 5.00 walmart gc.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I found a link Care of a Baby Pigeon http://www.duckpolice.org/BirdWeb/Pi...igeoncare.html

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Thank you I was just reading that. I'm going to drive in and get the bird and take it to a pet store to see what I should feed it and see what to do.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You and your hubby have such sweet souls...to care for a vulnerable little bird speaks volumes...

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

pmed u something I hope makes you smile.

You have such a big heart, Never stop. The world needs more people like you.
    Last edited by Sally888; Tue, Jul 12th, 2011 at 05:09 PM.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Thank you That means a lot, esc after the rude comments before.
    I just got home. Took the bird to the pet store. We fed him/her with a syringe. I have to feed it 3 times a day that way, YIKES, I've never done that before. It was so hungry poor thing. But it did eat I was snuggling it, he's quite a affectionate lil thing, too sweet. I bought him baby bird food, seeds and vitamins. I have to wait for someone to get home to help me load in the birdcage. I am trying to find my cam to take a pic of the cutie. I have named it Hope Yea, I'ma wuss again lol.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

trying to post a pic...

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

sorry couldn't copy the other link for some reason.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I use to have a baby Pigeon 3 years ago .... the mother left it the baby who sat in my back yard bush for 2 days, I took it in as I use to own birds and put it in a cage. I fed it bread crumbs and bird seeds and about 1 months after It learnt how to fly, it flew away, it came back to my house and slept on the porch for some odd reason but after 2 weeks it never came back

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

How sweet of you Too bad it never came back...a visit would have been nice lol

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Aw, Hope is so pretty! Wishing you well with it!

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Thank you

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We found a baby pigeon a few years ago and he was very easy to raise. He was pecking at seeds already and liked bread crumbs and lots of water. we had him for a few months and he was very snuggly and liked to ride on my shoulder. But he starting flying away and staying out longer each day and one day he came back with a wild pigeon! After a few weeks of that he moved into the empty barn with the rest of his " peeps ". Every now and then he circles the house when we are outside as if to say hello.I called him Walter and he was a great success story. Good luck with your baby. The internet is a great place to find help.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information