User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I need some advice from you Edmontonians! We're driving down to Edmonton for a vacation (aug 1-6). It's a 18+hr drive!! I'm hoping to hit up a LD to stock up on diapers/wipes and other baby stuff. We are staying at the Westin (my sister got us a discount!!) Which LD is close to the Westin? Which is the best one to go to stack coupons??

Also, how many hours do you figure the calgary zoo is? Is it worth driving for the day? Aside from WEM, any other attractions we should hit up?
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    95 (100%)

Calgary zoo is almost 3hrs away, I would say just go to the valley zoo you can get b1g1 half addmission with lays chip trips points, lots of animals there. there is a new splash park on 50thst and 44thave its huge and free

Deal Seeker
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I don't know about which LD is best for stacking, but I think LD Oliver Square is closest (11704-104 Ave or less than 10 min drive). There is also a smallish LD in WEM (phase 3).

And the Calgary Zoo is great---I would give it a full afternoon!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Calgary Zoo is much better than the Valley Zoo. You can spend the entire day at it.

If you save at LD, you can afford the trip to Calgary and stay at a cheaper hotel?

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Thanks guys! I heard the LD in the WEM (the only one I know of) is not so great for stacking.

I won't find anything cheaper than the amazing deal I got at the Westin. My sister works for the chain. It's like $50 a night for us! Last year we stayed at the one across from WEM and paid a lot more than that!

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

I think pippinelkhound Meant stay at a cheap hotel in Calgary. Is the Westin Downtown?? If so just drive up 97th st and go to the LD at Northgate!!

I've never stack lol who am I to join this conversation...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great location downtown. love it! Saturdays is the downtown farmers market about a 8 minute walk from the hotel, there are a couple of starbucks or timmies on the way. They have neat booths and it's just a great way to explore downtown. http://www.city-market.ca/

August long weekend is the Heritage Festival, pretty much food heaven, see the link. http://www.heritage-festival.com/ its just across the river valley at Hawrelak Park. A great place to hang out.

London Drugs, you are close to a couple, the one on 51 Ave is really good for stacking as well, about 15 minutes, on the way to South Edmonton Common if you are going shopping or to IKEA.

It's a long day to Calgary and back, the zoo is a full day adventure, but so worth it.

Enjoy your holiday.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Thanks! I think we'll check out the Valley Zoo. 3 hrs there, 3 hrs back is a lot for 1 day considering we'll have driven 18+ hrs over 2 days to get there and then another 18+ to get back.

Oh Ikea! I've missed Ikea. I'll have to add it to my growing list of stores I want to go to. I may have to tie a kid to the roof to make room for all my stuff at this rate! LOL

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kajay View Post
    I don't know about which LD is best for stacking, but I think LD Oliver Square is closest (11704-104 Ave or less than 10 min drive). There is also a smallish LD in WEM (phase 3).

And the Calgary Zoo is great---I would give it a full afternoon!
    Quote Originally Posted by pippinelkhound View Post
    Calgary Zoo is much better than the Valley Zoo. You can spend the entire day at it.

If you save at LD, you can afford the trip to Calgary and stay at a cheaper hotel?
    I agree with Kajay and pippinelkhound, as zoos go, the Calgary Zoo is a good one.
    Too bad you don't have more time, you could hit Drumheller too for the Dinosaur park and area if you've never been. It's a unique and special place in Canada, I'd say also a whole day for exploring.
    Last edited by Dee09; Fri, Jun 18th, 2010 at 01:32 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    242 (100%)

I really enjoy Fort Edmonton Park. Even if you aren't into history it's a great experience and their candy drops are to die for!!

Let me know if you need certain coupons to stack with and I will check my stash for you. I've never had a good time at 51 avenue LD. I like Northgate LD. I've never stacked at WEM because I was warned not to, since it's a busy mall and everything. I've heard good things about South Edmonton Common. Maybe you can pop in there on your way to IKEA
    Coupons = Little pieces of paper you get FREE from the stores, from reps and from companies (ie: Not gold)

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I agree with Dana, WEM LD doesn't have a problem with stacking but it's quite busy there. If you're planning to buy a lot stuff...I think you should go to the one in Northgate or Oliver Square.

Trading Score
    68 (97%)

If you have the energy to- August 1 is the last day for Capital Ex - a once a year fair with the best little donuts anywhere!
    Its easy to get to and from by light rail train (which stops by your hotel)
    http://www.capitalex.ca/

Churchill Square usually has stuff going on. like-August 1st is the last day of "A Taste of Edmonton" Local restraunts set up booths and sell yummy food (bring an appetite!)

check out Old Stathacona!

Also- the river valley has awesome trails to walk on.
    **misses Edmonton**
    Last edited by missbobloblaw; Fri, Jun 18th, 2010 at 03:52 AM.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Thanks guys! Thanks for the LD advice (and coupon offer Dana)!!

South Edmonton Common is HUGE!! I think we might hit the Telus Science place. Maybe take the kids older 2 to an Imax. They've never seen an Imax before.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

hopefully you checked out this post:

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/141361-...oupons-canada/

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Definitely click on the link from Dee09, I was going to link you to that one until I saw she had. I have used the zoo coupon from the City of Edmonton website and saved 10.50 (cost of one adult). I was pleasantly surprised that there is one for TWOS too. I just stacked at the Northgate LD (149 st and Stoney plain road) and paid $0.98 for over $200 worth of stuff. They are great there, just make sure you go to customer service.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information