User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Mings
  • 1 Post By temmy_34
  • 1 Post By hatherb
  • 1 Post By Shwa Girl

Thread: Deal Hunting - Go Any Tips for Us n00bs?

Loves a good trade!
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Hey lovely people!

So I'm supposed to be planning tonight's show (there's a contest we're running and I'll post the details in the contest forum in a bit in case folks in the GTA are interested) but I've allowed myself until 11:30am to do coupon funtime.

After my second post I realized: What great advice you all have! I mean, as a lurker I've extracted some incredible bits of advice here and there. I've discovered some folks are responsible for some serious "weekly highlight" threads. (I'm looking at you @annedougherty and your "The Official Hot Deals and Coupons To Use With Flyers Thread")

But, I've also missed out on some good stuff, like the coupon trains specifically geared towards new couponers or discovering the WebSaver SiteMap Walk for when you don't have enough coupons to fill the websaver order.

So I thought I would start a thread where the more experienced couponers (Trade Rating of 15+ and/or Total Posts 50+) could pass down one key pearl of wisdom to newbies like myself, such as:

- SC members newbies should follow
    - Best weekly threads for recommended for new comers
    - Any coupon trains
    - Coupon trading FAQ
    - Best point reward programs
    - Flyer schedules
    - Deal hunting advice
    - Deal Bloggers
    - etc. etc.

If this is a popular thread and there's a way to determine the most popular post, I can reward folks with goodies that marketing companies send the show for us to promote but we probably won't because we're a show about pop culture online aimed at folks 18-35 who want viral videos more than some Kraft Sizzling Salads (probably won't give that away because I've already cracked the seal... was so curious!).

So let's get this started!
    This thread is currently associated with: Websaver
    terry2144 likes this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

In Regina Sask, the huge bundle of flyers (grocery store ones) come out every Thursday/Friday (depending on weather I find). This is where I find the redplum inserts every month. Another day flyers come out (not too many grocery store ones) is Monday. Smart Source insert/P&G insters come in Saturday's Regina leaderpost. The best deal I have been able to find is the B1G1 at stores. Lately ther has been quite a few of them. An even better deal is if you have 1 or 2 coupons you can use with the product of B1G1. This is the best deal you can probably get, unless you have multiple coupons and are allowed to stack at some stores. However, on a day to day basis its a pretty good deal. As well, sometimes you dont even need a coupon to get a good deal, some stores put their items on sale for great prices (usually if there is a limit it is a rocking deal) Best threads that I watch every week is Anne's weekly flyer deals as this helps me decide where I want to shop that week, and where I want to price match! Lastly, to anyone who is new, keep organized with your coupons, however you think would work best for you. There are various ways people keep their coupons and it various on how you shop/understand the coupons you have. I personally have a spread sheet that I take with my everywhere, each week I update it with new coupons and highlight ones that will expire soon so I know which ones to use, and know which coupons I have at all times. Hope this helps someone, and hope this thread works for everyone. I would like to learn how to trade/do the coupon trains as I have no idea!
    terry2144 likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Tjthemanto has this sticky in the coupons thread Schedule for Smart Source & Red Plum Coupon Inserts - Posted below
    I find this a very useful thread
    terry2144 likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Welcome.

Re"- Best point reward programs"

See Freebies section posts.
    terry2144 likes this.

Thread Information