User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

So went to my local st.albert london drugs this morning. I am not a fan of the manager as he is difficult to deal with so i already wont go there to price match anything, but the cashiers have always been good to me.....except for today. Went up to customer service with my one pack of diapers and one pack of wipes, said hi then informed the lady i had a lot of coupons to use. She looked grumpy so I tried to lighten the mood and said "you must hate the sound of those words!" She did not crack a smile and she said "yes specially those women hoarders that come in here thinking they can get stuff for free with all their coupons".I pulled out my stack and said "well i'm hoping to get these almost free" She didnt say anything, i paid and left. I felt very belittled like she looked down on me and thought of me as a lesser human. On the plus side she was super fast with the coupons, lol. I wont be going back.
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    192 (100%)

Thats too bad!! Ive had the same experience at that location (sounds like with the same lady). I only go to the St. Albert location in the evenings or on the weekend, the staff at those times are very friendly. Dont be discouraged, try again in the eveing or on a weekend and I bet you'll leave very happy.

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

You are nicer than me! I probably would have asked her what her problem was, because I'm sure I could talk to head office about it for her. Lol

CheapArmyGal
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I'm not St. Alberts biggest fan at the best of times because of that. I have totally decided not to even waste my time going to any of the major stores just because I think if I had another cashier trat me like that again I would most likely tell her just do the job your being paid for....just saying...sorry

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

I've never had a problem at that LD but I will keep on the lookout for said cashier. That is totally rude and uncalled for - I'd be complaining to Head Office for sure. I bet she is just jealous that she doesn't know how to get almost free stuff and it grumps her out.

Trading Score
    108 (100%)

I've learned that it doesn't matter where you go you will always find grumpy cashiers, cashiers that act that the money is coming from their pocket, that you're stealing from the store... In my experience confronting them does not make things better. Kill them with kindness and be on your way. There is always another day and another savings to be had. There are also great cashiers that deserve to be praised. Enjoy the good experiences and bless and release the bad ones. I've lost too many nights of sleep worrying about cashiers that have bullied me and finally figured out the stress is not worth it. If you can't use your coupons or the cashier is not cooperating - then I just walk away and try again another day with a different cashier. There as some great cashiers out there Hope this helps.
    I'm no longer couponing and my dogs have passed away. I can't figure out how to delete my profile. Sorry for the inconvenience.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsjen View Post
    You are nicer than me! I probably would have asked her what her problem was, because I'm sure I could talk to head office about it for her. Lol
    Well said!!

Deal Hunter
    Trading Score
    72 (100%)

I posted this a while ago, I bet it was an older lady. I was there last weekend to get 20 cans of soup and she actually walked away from the cashier and told the manager to deal with me. He on the other end was super accomodating and friendly. I was once told before by one of the younger ones that works there that the reason why they never have anything on the shelfes is because of the coupon hording people that come in here. I just smiled.

mhk
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

Such jealous people out there! Especially cashiers - they should know that its their customers who keep them in the job market. Whether we use coupons or not should really not rattle their little chains - sheesh already!!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I don't get it...there are lot of students looking for part time work.

The local Safeway told our oldest they are going to keep cashiers to the minimum as they are put in self serve tils.

More stores will go to that as well. Less cashiers and security at the door to make sure you scan what you are getting.

A waiter told us that now with bring the "til" to the table they do not need as much staff as there is way less punching in of bills, running back and forth from table to til,etc.

So being so rude...she should be glad she has a job or maybe that is why she is cranky...maybe she used to work at Safeway...lol...

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by brigittewells View Post
    "yes specially those women hoarders that come in here thinking they can get stuff for free with all their coupons".I pulled out my stack and said "well i'm hoping to get these almost free" She didnt say anything, i paid and left. I felt very belittled like she looked down on me and thought of me as a lesser human. On the plus side she was super fast with the coupons, lol. I wont be going back.
    I would have said in a poilte tone.."well free is always good, and not all of us who coupon and recive free stuff are hoarders, besides people don't seem to mind when people stock up when there is a sale and they dont use coupons..so it seems to me like it is the coupons you really dont like"

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

There are some NASTY staff there, totally rude. I was just about to complain to head office about one of them and the next time we went she was super polite and nice to us so maybe someone beat me to it, lol. There are also some really great ones though...two of the younger cashiers we go to are amazing. I would recommend going in the evening or on the weekend.

Hmmmmm I'm thinking
    Trading Score
    79 (100%)

I said it once and I'll keep saying it til I die...

~~ Coupons are money and should be treated at such... It doesnt matter how a person pays for the items they buy so long as they pay for them ~~

I went to a new sboeys the other day and almost didnt get my 5x base points as the cashier clearly stated that the amount of money I paid wasnt the minimum... I clearly stated to her that my base points are $1 for 1 point and I had 153 base points so my bill was $153... didnt matter that my coupons brough it down to $60 and I used $40 of my prior points costing me $20 out of pocket... the point is that I had twice the minimum of $75.. I ended up going to the customer service where they startedin on the same thing until a lovey woman there said "wait a min... its $1 per point and she has 153 points from today... she gets the 5 times base." when the other girl started to protest she said "It doesnt matter its the base points we go off of"

I then stayed and talked to the nice woman for a few min answering her many questions about couponing...

Moral of the story... there IS always someone who will be jelous thinking your getting more then you deserve... there will also be someone else who thinks your extremely lucky and couragous for spending the time and energy needed to do what we do on a daily basis in order to feed and take care of our families for as little money as possible.

Just remember... the World stays in Balance... Where there is a left there will always be a right

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

It's funny how a lot of us are conditioned to think that the way it is is the way it should go.

That we should pay full price, or sale price and that is the way it is. A lot of of are shopping sheep. The companies are not doing consumers any favors. Why should we do the companies favors by shopping in a "typical" way. Cost of living in general is going up the only thing that isn't going up is wages.

I haven't been rude to a cashier yet, I'm pretty easy going...unless it is the time of the month and though I'm easy going I can be icy rude without raising my voice.

In terms of "hoarders" I hate how people are so programed to use terminology they see in the media that they know nothing about. It comes in cycles for a while everyone was
    bi-polar, a little before that everyone was anorexic, OCD etc. etc.

Sheep...
    Last edited by frugalkitty; Thu, Jul 14th, 2011 at 11:27 AM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Thanks everyone for your fellow couponer support! Biankavarner i did not see your post about your experience but you should not have been treated that way! It sounds like we had the same lady, early 50's, glasses, chin length dark brown hair, i will have to get her name next time. Mrsjen that would have been the perfect comment! I decided that i will still frequent that location and will not let a grumpy cashier cause me to be inconvenienced and go out of my way to a different store. I had a hreat experience at a different london drugs today, then a crappy experience at west end superstore. Like someone said, take the good with the bad! On another note, has anyone had problems with the west end superstore not taking more than one coupon per transaction
    ?? I tried to buy 4 nexxus today and both the cashier and supervisor said no because it said "one per purchase". I explained the difference between a purchase and a transaction and the supervisor would not listen and kept raising her voice at me and calling me maam. Store manager will be hearing about this one! Must just not be my week!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information