User Tag List

Trading Score
    191 (100%)

First of all, I'd like to say, SDM Store 847 has always been my fav location to shop at. The store is coupon-friendly and cashiers have always been nice to their customers. That's why even after I've moved to a new place that's 30 mins drive away, I still go back to that location for my shopping

Last night, after my three-days out of town business trip, I went straight from the airport to store 847 to participate in the Bonus Redemption Event. Once I filled my cart with products, I stood in line at the check out counter. I was second in line when an old lady went up to the cashier and asked:

Lady: "Excuse me, where can I find the eggs?"
    Cashier: " What do you mean where? It's near the fridge area"
    Lady: " I can't find any"
    Cashier: "What kind of eggs are you looking for? Omega? Regular? What do you want?"
    Lady: "xxxxxxx" (didn't really hear what she said to the cashier)
    Cashier: (called someone on the phone) "Just go and wait over there and someone will bring some out"

So at that moment, I knew it wasn't my lucky day. Sure enough, when I got to the counter, the cashier took a look at my cart and said "OH MY GAWWD", rolled her eyes and sighed, then tapped the counter with her finger and said: "give me". The first two products I gave her were the Magnum ice cream bars which I thought were on sale but weren't. There was a sign on the fridge that says "$5.99" but it was actually for Ben & Jerry's, not Magnum. Of course I didn't realize my mistake at the time. So when I saw $6.99 on the screen, I asked:

Me: "Oh, it's not $5.99?"
    Cashier: "No, it's $6.99"
    Me: "Oh, I thought I saw a sign that says $5.99"
    Cashier: "Well, why don't you go get me the sign then?"

I didn't want to argue because the line had gotten longer so I quickly ran to the freezer and sure enough, I realized I had made a mistake. So I ran to another aisle and grabbed a product that I'd wanted to get but didn't because of the ice cream. I went back to the counter and said to the cashier, "My mistake. I'll take this product instead". When she was done with my order, she handed me a card and said: "Just read the back". I found out later that it was a card about some kind of prize draw. When I was packing my purchase into my shopping bags, she pointed to my pile on the counter and said: " Do you think you can clear your stuff now so I can ring in her (pointing at a customer) order?". Honestly, what did she think I was doing putting products in shopping bags? I have two hands, not four.

After I was done, I went to another staff member and asked for the name of the cashier (her name's Anna, Asian, middle-age, long hair). I called SDM today and told them about my experience. Someone from store 847 called me back within 20 mins and told me they'll investigate the situation and will get back to me.

Once again, this store has always been my fav. Everyone I've encountered with have been nice and friendly, except for this cashier. By the way, I didn't use one coupon last night, so I couldn't imagine what the scenario would have been like if I had a pile of coupons for her.

Maybe I'll give the 24hrs SDM near my place a chance...

Thanks for listening...
    This thread is currently associated with: Ben and Jerry's, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by smartshop9448; Mon, Jul 11th, 2011 at 03:55 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Yeah I hate it at SDM ..they never bag products for you & they don't even have enough space at the till to keep your stuff after its scanned ..they need more space at the till since they are now carrying more & more grocery products which occupy lot of space as opposed to cosmetics & precription drugs .

You always feel crowded & hurried up at the SDM tills when you are buying lot of products as opposed to other stores where you can take more time to bag or clear the products from the counter.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by smartshop9448 View Post

Maybe I'll give the 24hrs SDM near my place a chance...

Thanks for listening...
    Yes you should ..not worth driving 30 mins just to go to a SDM especially with that kind of bad service & gas prices .

Both time & money ( gas ) is important

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Sorry you had a bad cashier, but hope that the call to the store will improve her behaviour towards customers...geez!!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I realize that ever since SDM started charging for plastic bags, the cashiers have acquired the "skills" of not helping customers to pack products into bags(I bring in recycled bags). For bonus redemption weekend and 20X weekends, I'd like to go in first thing in the morning and for some reason, they like to open the cash at the photo department. I had to drag all my stuff from the cart up on the counter and then the cashiers would offer no help to pack. I have written to SDM HO and they offered their apologoies and said would look into the matter further. But nothing has been done and I'm still packing my bags.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I have to say that I also have a fav SDM near my home. I find that even in the most difficult situation they are absolutely fantastic. I got a young fellow during my redemption purchase on Sunday. He ended up charging me twice for one item and for an extra 4 cans of kitty food because there isn't enough space on the counter. The SDM bonus points coupons wouldn't scan and the line was going out the door. Whenever I can, if I know that I'll be a while, I let other customers go ahead anyhow. I don't mind. I know the cashiers get a bit flustered if there's a huge line and things aren't going quite right.
    Even so, on this Sunday they took great care of me and rang the Optimum points in afterward and gave me the slip to show they were added. I came back in next day and they gave me a refund for the product that was charged twice and 4 free cans of cat food that I had obviously already paid for. Thankfully the young guy was there and I went through his cash. He said he thought he'd overcharged me and the supervisor was very amenable in fixing the problem. I swear I'm in SDM every day or every other day since I started couponing. LOL They are getting to know me quite well. Sometimes that translates into BAD service and they hate to see you come. These guys never show it though. They are really great so far. That might change, who knows? I have a wedding to go to on Sat for the 20x points event but I'm planning to either get up early or hit a 24 hour SDM on the way home. LOL

Please visit our beautiful Ragdoll Cats and Kittens @ www.lionsroyale.com

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

is this the sdm next to t&t? i don't like it as well. they have some absurd rules when it comes to coupons. the manager/owner of that store is viet., i think. i stopped shopping there altogether after a couple times of bad coupon experiences.
    Last edited by cookoo; Tue, Jul 12th, 2011 at 07:45 PM.

Trading Score
    32 (97%)

wowza... sorry about that.... I have issues when ppl treat ppl like that...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If she is the asian lady with black glasses and long hair, she's the same one I've had problems with her previously as well.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I've had bad experiences at SDM, but mostly with other customers. People get so darn cranky on the weekends!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow that is brutal! Sorry to hear you had such a bad shopping experience... Awful customer service ;(

damp is a gross word.
    Trading Score
    263 (100%)

I would have been sweating... I just hate the rude nasties!! Just what is it with the holy-eye-rollers anyway?

FT: AYLMER ACCENTS / LEAN CUISINE / LYSOL HANDSOAP / GOLD BOND and more
    ? Are you curious ? My quest to separate cheese from bras in the Deals & Flyers Forum

Thread Information