User Tag List

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Tried to use a couple of the coupons today, the one's from websaver and save.ca at this location. The lady at the til told me she would not accept them. I told her that I have used them several times before and she said they shouldn't be taking them. These weren't printed from the internet, they are the ones that come in the mail. So frustrating! So I went to Superstore and had no problems at all.
    This thread is currently associated with: Real Canadian Superstore RCSS, Save.ca Coupons, Sobeys, Websaver

Trading Score
    47 (96%)

They are picky at Sobeys. I always have to explain the cashier that my websaver and save.ca coupons are NOT printed from the internet but rather ordered and then they are mailed to me. I have not had any problems with them taking them after that
    Visit My Blog: Shop Smart Not Hard

Helping Your Family Save Money So You Can Get Back to What's Important

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

At the Sobeys I usually go to, the cashiers told me that they do accept websaver and save.ca coupons because they come in the mail. They just don't take anything printed from the internet. I guess you just got a misinformed cashier.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Evnissyen View Post
    At the Sobeys I usually go to, the cashiers told me that they do accept websaver and save.ca coupons because they come in the mail. They just don't take anything printed from the internet. I guess you just got a misinformed cashier.
    I'll try using them again sometime in the future. The cashier I spoke with had a "supervisor" badge on. I've even used the printed internet coupons there recently without problems.
    Last edited by canadadiva; Wed, Jul 20th, 2011 at 03:19 PM. Reason: grammar

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

try bringing the envelopes with you that they come in.
    proof that you get them in the mail and they aren't printed off the internet

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshyne1 View Post
    try bringing the envelopes with you that they come in.
    proof that you get them in the mail and they aren't printed off the internet
    Thank you, good idea.

CouponNewbie
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

i had the same problem at my sobey's ...this was in ontario, I went to hand the cashier a legitimate coupon from save.ca and she declined it...i didn't have it in me to argue with her, however it was a bit discouraging

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

same thing at food basics, and it is in-experianced cashiers to blame

they see the .ca and think internet

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

really, so do these cashiers not realises that we are not that sofisticated to have a printer that prints on both sides like cpns are...lol!!
    WEll at least I dont ...... bringing in the envelope is a good idea, must put one in my binder!!

Banned
    Trading Score
    8 (72%)

Alot of rookie cashiers who just do not want to do there job.. i would take it to a store manager and file a complaint with the company you might get a gift card if you kick up enough dust!

=^.^=
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I don't understand why sobeys is so finicky about coupons, you can;t even stack coupons there. I can only afford to shop there on dollar days. Personally i think sobeys is really missing the boat by not allowing people to stack there. I would absolutely shop there more if that were the case. But as long as they continue to be difficult with coupons, i just go spend my money somewhere else.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sobeys a pain in the butt, that's why I don't like to shop there and plus they are expensive.

Once I had a Sobeys coupon for $1/lb that I got from my mom and they try to refuse me by saying that the coupon was only valid for a different location. The manager came and tried to tell me that and I asked him to show me where on the coupon does it say that and he said that it said that in the flyer. But of course he could not show me that on the coupon and in the end they had to give it to me.

Thread Information