User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Country Grocer in Esquimalt --- just a nightmare today!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

the good is ... I might get a coupon policy in writting from the head office

no so good --- arrogant cashier who was showing off for the pretty boy in the line behind, a shift supervisor that almost yelled at me while I was trying to explain the difference between purchase and transaction... the grand final is the assistant manager with a node and smile attitude and his only answer was something like "that one time at the one store I try ising a coupon and it didn't work" then je walked away
    did I forget the cashier naking a face and comment as I am leaving??

my email to the head office was clear enough I believe-- provide with a written policy and until tjen I will PM your good deals
    sad
    This thread is currently associated with: Country Grocer
    over$1200 in redemtion & Gift Card in 2013

Amused
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Wow... Victoria is way too small to treat people like that.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sorry to hear about that, usually writing to the head office resolves these matters. It worked for me at the Uptown Wal-Mart.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

wow! i've always had a positive couponing experience there
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

That sucks I've never couponed at that one, but had great experiences at the one in Royal Oak...two cashiers even admired my coupon binder and made me write down some couponing websites for them, lol. Hopefully HO can resolve it for you.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi Anyk. I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience at Country Grocer Esquimalt yesterday. It is our mandate to treat our customers well and listen to comments, concerns or questions. It seems as if you are looking for our coupon policy. We don't have an actual policy however we do accept all Canadian manufacturer coupons and follow the stipulations set out on the coupon itself. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to call our Administration Office at 250 708 3900. Again thank you for your feedback. It can only help us provide the best customer service.
    momof3heathens likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

wow country grocer is on here.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sookebunny View Post
    wow country grocer is on here.
    brand new first post
    over$1200 in redemtion & Gift Card in 2013

KewKewForCoupons
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I have never been able to stack at the one in Esq. Or the one in Sooke. Also never realized that this many people in Victoria actually coupon. Not sure how we got a local thread, but if anyone knows, how to start a local thread please message me. I was interested in starting a local trading option. Possibly a get together is a park every couple of months to allow people to set up and trade coupons with out actually having to mail out trades. Also if anyone is interested in this idea, let me know too.

Hope someone can tell me how to start a local thread. THX

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Bad day Nice they responded though. Kinda nice they are on here. If more stores were on here figuring out this coupon thing maybe we wouldn't have to go through hell at some stores with some cashiers.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KewKewForCoupons View Post
    I have never been able to stack at the one in Esq. Or the one in Sooke.
    THX
    Kewkew - Country Grocer don't allow stacking ... only SOF and LD.

My experience with using coups at Country Grocer (Royal Oak only) has always been fabulous. I am always careful that if I am planning to use a lot I don't go at the pre-dinner time - just the quieter times.

What wording did they object to?

Trading Score
    100 (99%)

That sucks that you had a bad experience

I have always had incredible experiences at Country Grocer. They are so coupon friendly, and just friendly in general! I love shopping there

KewKewForCoupons
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Ha, I actually went to the CG in Esp Monday evening. Only to get a bottle of pop, milk and 4 boxes of olymel frozen chicken. They currently have a B1G1 free promotion on the chicken. I had two coupons for 2.50 off the chicken. The cashier told me that because the coupons state "one per purchase" that I could only use one coupon. I tried to explain to him the difference between a purchase and a transaction, but he would not even listen. I ended up only getting two boxes of the chicken. So I ended up only getting 2 boxes and using 1 coupon. I really do not like to make a scene when using coupons and am a little put off by the whole experience. I do not thing I will ever be shopping there again.

So Mr Country Grocer, Please explain to your cashiers that a purchase refers an individual product. A transaction refers to all of the items I am buying.

I also wonder what your cashiers would do if I tried to by a product, like a 6 pack of ensure using three cashiers checks?

micahsmom
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I also had an issue with using 2 coupons for 2 boxes of olymel during the b1g1 sale. The cashier was wonderful though it was just the rude man in line behind me that made it a bad experience. On the whole I love shopping at the Esquimalt location. The cashiers have always been super polite and never made me feel bad for my coupon usage.
    Smart Canucks is my fav
    RLF GTG points!!!!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kdahl27

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

I had a friend give me a hand the other day to pick up some pop with the cott coupons. He came back with the pop but was told he could only use one coupon. Grrr. Wonder if its the same fellow.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information