User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm looking to create a photo book but it appears that the ones that are rated the best are in the US as per this link. Would you mind sharing your opinions on any photobook site that you've used.

Thanks in advance!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Great post. Wonder why no one else has offered suggestions?

I recently used Shutterfly and was very happy. My inlaws received the book and it was amazing. Granted, it was a hardcover 8.5 x 11 and i had lots of pages. It was about 60-70$ but I had a $30 coupon. The shipping was 10-15$ i think.

But loading the pictures and arranging them was quite straightforward. They have an easy automatic load-up of photos (where you can them rearrange more) or a custom one (which also allows a title on the book's spine). I did the former. Making photobooks always takes 5-10 hours (UG)... i spend time on my own computer cropping and making small alterations before I upload. Then rearranging in the books and writing captions etc. And I recommend leaving it for a day and coming back to it to double check spelling mistakes etc. I was happy with Shutterfly.

I used Snapfish in the past - it was good too but the photos were not as sharp, but this was also about 5 years ago.

i recently used the shoppers drug mart one for a free $14.99 soft cover book and it was fine. good layouts and options but not as sharp in photos. Also, i didn't seem to be able to reaccess the photobook online after.

Hopefully others can share their experiences? I think there is a thread on ARTSCOW.

And there are often group buys on photobooks too and maybe someone can let us know about those?

PS there are often promo codes or discount offers... just google the name of the company and "promo code" and see what pops up!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks so much! I was thinking of using that company but getting opinion from someone who actually tried it makes me feel much better. Appreciate the tips and shipping info. I was concerned about the shipping amount but that seems reasonable as long as there's no unexpected cost.

Thanks again!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I used Picaboo at Christmas time, they had great deals, so I only paid $30 per book with shipping. Shipping was super fast from the US too. The software download was quick and very easy to use.
    http://superpoints.com/refer/hockeymomma
    Click here to join me at Superpoints and get free Amazon GCs!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I might be a bit biased since I work in the photo lab but I love the London Drugs photo books. There are so many options and with the new software there are even more options for layouts etc.. The nice thing about London Drugs photo books is that they are quality checked personally by the lab that receives them. We will perform color and density corrections to each and every photo as well as correcting red eye.... Something I know a lot of the other places don't do. Anyway it's worth a look. www.londondrugs.com/photolab

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

when I signed up for Shutterfly someone told me to keep a close eye on the emails they send as a freebie would likely be offered and sure enough a short time after signing up one did and it was for a hard cover book. I had to pay the shipping but I love the quality, I love being able to arrange things and change out the backgrounds etc. I have ordered from them many times, a couple of large books and several smaller hard covers and I love them all. They offer a lot of promo codes and often and if you google you will often come up with all the specials they have going. I find they arrive in Canada very quickly and I have never been charged duty which is not to guarantee you won't but I never have been charged. Play around with it if you decide to use them because I didn't figure out that you can switch out the designs and colors of each page regardless of what you originally picked until the second time I did it. You can also change out how many pictures you want on a page and how you want them placed and you can do it on each and every page. Another thing that took me awhile to figure out!! And there are lots of cover options both front and back so you have to kind of get used to the site and how it works to get the best results but once you get the hang of it it is very easy and great quality.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    81 (100%)

I just made a giant book of my trip to europe on blurb.com and I am sooo excited with how it turned out. I HIGHLY recommend this site. Their product truly is beautiful

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Everyone - Please check out MIXBOOK... I have a Group-on from their site and I have just recently tried playing with it... before - I was a Shutterfly girl, now, I'm hooked on Mixbook.

They have more book-type options, and you can mix and match the pages (ie, if you are doing a wedding book, and want to switch a page background, you don't switch the whole theme - like you would have to in Shutterfly for example). They also have something called 'Stickers' - it's basically like Scrapbook pieces you can add to the pages. You can lay these over pictures, under pictures, change the colour, size, etc. And it's not that much more expensive than Shutterfly.

Shutterfly DOES send out alot of coupons, etc. But give MIXBOOK a try

Thanks Coup-Troops!!!

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Just letting you all know that this weekend I found a GROUPON for TORONTO (but anyone anywhere can buy it) for Photobook Canada. I haven't used them before but I saw some good reviews online and this guy posted a review on youtube and it looks good. $39 for $115 worth. Expires in 1 year. PLanning to get one now and via swagbucks (Special offers, trialpay, local deals) for those extra 160 SB!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow! Didn't realize all the replies to this post. Wonder why I did not get any notifications.

Anyway, I did use Shutterfly and after weeks of putting it together - lord it took long... and waiting forever to get it delivered, because of the Canada Post strike, I finally got my photobook and I have to say it was definately worth the work and the wait. The photos are absolutely beautiful, the book quality is great, and the price is reasonable considering it's from the US. So, I am very impressed.

I guess I would try others if I want a book and I'm not too keen on the output but if I want one of high quality, Shutterfly is it!!

Thanks again for your feedback!!

Thread Information