User Tag List

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I have to whine about my shopping experience at Zellers on the Northside tonight. My daughter had soccer at the Naasis soccer field so I took the time to drive to Zellers to buy one of these stainless steel look garbage can that was on special. Did not have any so I got another one. That was fine. I also found the $1.99 bags of Iams cat food. Got 8; I had more coupons but I did not want to push my luck. At first the cashier told me that I could only use one because it says one per purchase. I tried to explain that I was purchasing 8 and that I had 8 coupons....that did not work out. She let me use 3...lucky me! So she puts my Mastercard through and I noticed that all my 8 bags @ $1.99 where on the receipt. After pointing that to her she had to call the supervisor to cancel the transaction. She was trying to explain to the supervisor why she had to take the 5 bags off.....because she would not allow me to use the coupons. Well, the supervisor looked at the coupon and she agreed with me that I could use all of them since I was using one per item purchased. She then asked how much the bags were......at that point when she found out that the bags were only $1.99 and the coupons were $2.......she changed her mind! No you can't use them as the "supplier does not allow it". Whatever that mean. At that point I told them I would only purchase the garbage can. I was getting fed up. Thank god the woman behind me was rooting for me! On my way out I noticed that she had charged me for one bag of cat food.....that I did not even bought. I had to go back inside and rather than having the supervisor coming again to cancel my transaction I just grabbed one of my bags of cat food that were still on the counter. So I ended up paying $1.99 for a bag of cat food that I should have gotten for free. AFter all that I noticed that she had not even bothered to take my 10% SPC Card. At that point I just could not go back in to get that fixed. Not worth it. I will probably return the garbage can anyway since I think I can get a much better one at Winners and I don't think that Zellers deserves me to shop there!

Thanks for listening to my ramblings.

THis was not a good week coupon-wise for me. I used a Stouffers Sensation FPC at the Superstore and rather than putting the coupon at $7.99 they put it at $0.79.

On a better note things are going really well at the Northside Walmart. I have used many coupons there lately and I have not had any problem whatsoever. One of the cashier even commented that she orders Save.ca too and that she loves them.
    Last edited by Bargain Seeker; Thu, Jul 14th, 2011 at 10:21 PM.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

wow, I can't belive this, she clearly had no idea what she was doing. I went to zellers on the ss and got 4 old spice deoderant on clearance and 2 maxfresh toothbrushes and used 4 coupons with no problem, but I guess they were not free. She still shouldn't have said you could use them then changed her mind, that's not right and I would return the garbage can, cause they don't deserve your business.

I have also had some great experiences at walmart, but on the ss. I have never had a problem with coupons yet, I walk past the cash registers like 2-3 times to see if there is any nice ones first, lol. Too bad zellers usually only has 1

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

What a crappy experience! I also have amazing luck at the NS Wal-Mart. One night I had a cashier who was trying to bet me how cheap my OOP would be

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've read before that Zellers will not let you use a coupon if it is more than the cost of the product...even if it is only 1 cent. Too bad, guess it is one more reason not to go there. Other stores are able to reduce the coupon value to the price of the product, so not sure why Zellers can't do this? Sorry you had to go through this. Don't give up, and good luck with your future couponing adventures~~

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by My2Boyz View Post
    I have also had some great experiences at walmart, but on the ss. I have never had a problem with coupons yet, I walk past the cash registers like 2-3 times to see if there is any nice ones first, lol. Too bad zellers usually only has 1
    Have you been able to get overage at Walmart Southside?? Last time I was there they almost laugh in my face when I tried to use a $2 coupon for the $1 Nivea cream.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I did have overage once. It was for toothpaste on for .88 and I had a $1 coupon. At first the cashier looked at me and said 'do you really want to use this, it's for more than the item is worth?'. I said 'yes'. There happened to be a supervisor walking by, and she said, yep, ring the coupon in for $1. So, it sounds like maybe the cashiers aren't trained very well on the southside as to the walmart coupon policy. I was lucky the supervisor was right there and knew the policy~ It's a crap shoot though!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

South side walmart WILL give cash back i do it. you have to politely stand your ground. once i made teh CS rep go find a copy of her policy ... she apologized for her "mistake" when she got back... it was an awesome day for me lol... they can smell if you "dont know what your doing" and they will push.. PUSH BACK!! but nicely lol

Trading Score
    707 (100%)

WHAT you found that cat food I was in there around 7ish and I couldnt find a single bag..
    I did get 6 purex a listerine and 2 bags of the purina and the girl took all my coupons no problem

couponandoff
    Trading Score
    69 (100%)

I don't like to coupon at NS Zellers - too much hassle. One lady at Zellers told me she was uncertain about taking my coupons because she couldn't read the fine print on the back! (I assume because she couldn't read small print?) I recommend PM at NS Walmart and use your coupons.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Yes, I have gotten overages at the ss walmart when I bought the shaving cream. I try to always talk them up first "Hi, how are you?" then look really busy with my kids so they can't be bothered to deal with me lol.....so far it's working, but the other day I got some glares from some customers for using coupons, they were laughing as if I should be embarressed for saving money while they paid full price. I get so amazed at how against some people are to it.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I went to NS Zellers today at lunch and didn't have any issues getting my free purex. I think I might have lucked out and gotten a good cashier though, too bad you couldn't have had her when you went through the checkout!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

ive gotten overage at SS walmart atleast 20 times in the past, specifically with the nexxus coupons. Last night I was getting 4 nexxus shampoos at $2 with $3 off coupons and 3 SatinCare at 1.50 with the $5WUB3 Gillette. First she tried to tell me the 3 gillette products had to equal $10, i said no it says OR a giftset over $10, she had to go check with CS, put it through at $5, then with the nexxus said they could only be put in at $2, I said no, walmart applies the overage to the rest of the purchase (i picked up a top as well to put my overage towards) she said NOPE< we dont, got all huffy with me. I asked her to go check because I gotten the overage atleast 10 times on that certain product and its in their policy to give overage, she came back and said we're not supposed to but we'll do it just this one time, I said YEP and you'll do it every other time I come in as it's in your policy

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Pepper134, reading your post made me feel as if I was right there with you at SS Walmart. Last time I tried the $2 Nivea coupon was the last time I used coupons there. I have not been back since.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

its just so frustrating when its not consistent. They even have a company policy!! I used to work in retail and I knew the in's and out's of everything in our policy book.

Thread Information