User Tag List

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Just saw that Dollar Giant is opening at Baseline/Merivale (beside the Loblaws/FabricLand) - looks really big from the outside -- does anyone know if it is the same as the Dollar Store?
    This thread is currently associated with: Loblaws

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is from their website.. it says everything is 1.25 or less...

P.S. it looks huge!!!

Did you know that a single price dollar store is rare in today's marketplace? How many of us have walked into a dollar store, only to find things that are supposedly a single price point only to find many price points? You won't find that in Dollar Giant.

SIMPLE EVERYDAY SHOPPING
    IS OUR MOTTO!
    A dollar can go a long way!

More than any time in the past, consumers want more for their money - they want the most for the least! Dollar Giant takes that idea to a whole new level. The economy can be a rollercoaster ride but just imagine if you had the opportunity to purchase everyday staple items at a price that you can afford. We offer quality items including housewares, seasonal goods, candy and food, toys, health and beauty care, gifts, party goods, stationery, books and personal accessories. Your everyday needs at a single price point! When going into a Dollar Giant, the only purchasing decision to make is whether you like the item or not as the price is always the same.
    Plus we bring new and exciting items each and every week. Try to visit us often, at least once a week.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sounds good! Hopefully they will have some different stuff. "Try to visit us often, at least once a week." may be wishful thinking on their part though.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    48 (100%)

I went there yesterday and while it does have more stuff than Dollarama be careful as they also have alot of stuff that is the same as Dollarama but priced (IMO) higher. For example, a package of sticky notes or envelopes or doggy poop bags are $1.25/ea when you can get them at Dollarama for $1.00/ea. Also, chocolate bars are $0.75 rather than $0.69 at Dollarama.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mzsmartypants View Post
    I went there yesterday and while it does have more stuff than Dollarama be careful as they also have alot of stuff that is the same as Dollarama but priced (IMO) higher. For example, a package of sticky notes or envelopes or doggy poop bags are $1.25/ea when you can get them at Dollarama for $1.00/ea. Also, chocolate bars are $0.75 rather than $0.69 at Dollarama.
    Thanks for the info - I haven't checked it out yet, but will soon.

I also saw there is a pub/restaurant opened in that plaza now too.

Crazy Couponer
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Do they take coupons?

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Dollarama is an american company...if Dollar Giant is canadian then I will gladly shop there over dollarama...there are too many american companys buying up our canadian franchises these days...is target vs zellers...WALMART.. just to name a few
    BareBottoms

Help struggling parents & babies in need - donate those leftover diapers your baby has outgrown www.BareBottomsOttawa.com

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Dollar Giant is priced higher than Dollarama for most of the items that are same or comparable.

They do have SOME items which you can't find at Dollarama, such as the dog bone in the shape of a shoe *runs out to buy more*
    Appreciate my help? I'd also appreciate it if you used my referrals

Earn $25 by opening an ING Direct bank account.
    Simply enter
    35156180S1
    as the "orange key" when signing up & make your first deposit of $100.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

has anyone tried using coupons at this new dollar giant??? i havent gone yet but i want to check it out this weekend!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I like them better than Dollarama...They have better scrapbooking supplies.

Not to step on toes here here but, I'm pretty sure Dollarama is Canadian. It's headquarters is in Montreal and the first dollarama opened somewhere in Quebec in the early 90's.

Dollar Giant is also Canadian.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCoupon View Post
    I like them better than Dollarama...They have better scrapbooking supplies.

Not to step on toes here here but, I'm pretty sure Dollarama is Canadian. It's headquarters is in Montreal and the first dollarama opened somewhere in Quebec in the early 90's.

Dollar Giant is also Canadian.
    You're right. According to Wikipedia, they are both Canadian chains (with most of their merchandise coming from China ).

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tcri View Post
    has anyone tried using coupons at this new dollar giant??? i havent gone yet but i want to check it out this weekend!

I did try at the one in Brockville and they said no coupons. But I still like them better than Dollarama

Thread Information