User Tag List

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So with all the confirmed cases of certain walmarts stacking I wondering if anyone had checked if our store does? It seems to be a lot of the ones on the island are, hopefully makes it way up here if it hasn't already!

If anyone stacks successfully they should share the news
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

I meant to find out when I went in on Friday but totally got side tracked I need to drop in tomorrow, I'll ask then and let you know.
    Looking for 5 minute fast, fun, easy surveys that you get paid in currency not in points? Check out PaidView Point
    Would you like to earn some paypal/amazon gift cards? Get points by clicking the lucky button at Superpoints or click here for 50 points now

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Yeah let us know!

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

Okay, I've just gotten back from WM. The CSM's just had their shift meeting and I caught them just finishing off and asked. As far as they've heard, the answer is No
    Looking for 5 minute fast, fun, easy surveys that you get paid in currency not in points? Check out PaidView Point
    Would you like to earn some paypal/amazon gift cards? Get points by clicking the lucky button at Superpoints or click here for 50 points now

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

While hopefully soon

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I live in Mission and always shop at the Abbotsford Walmart, but decided to head out to Chilliwack to benefit from the Super Walmart and see if they offered anything different. It was awesome!!!! so much more product to choose from, not to mention saving me a trip elsewhere for produce and meats.
    An added bonus....my cashier stacked!!!! I didn't ask, i just placed my coupons with the items and she did the rest. Here's what I stacked

6 x Satin Care Shaving cream 198g (full size) @ 1.50 each
    used 6 x 1.00 off (p&g) and 2 x $5.00 off wub3
    = $7.00 overage!!!!!!

Got lots of other great deals, but wasn't expecting the stack would be allowed so didn't bother with anything else, I figured even if they wouldn't except the gillette coupons it was still a great deal with a small overage.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Hmm...I wonder if it was a case of 'stacking' or just simply the cashier not 'paying attention' - with the whole fiasco that happened when Langley WM started stacking....I wonder if they will revisit stacking?!

I am on the fence about it all. It would be awesome to stack at WM ...but I think it would be short-term...either WM stopping it, OR, even worse, all mfc. changing the wording on their coupons. I think I would just be happy w/stacking at the stores we have now (I do feel for our Eastern brothers and sisters though, it would be great for them to be able to stack!)...if WM jumps on board I think the mfc.'s will take notice and put a stop to it...

am I alone on this one?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm with mutchdutch on this one.. I hope WM does NOT start allowing stacking. I'm tired of the cleared shelves as it is there right now and it would most likely be a disaster if they allowed stacking because we all know the Valley is the coupon 'hot spot' right now. I can totally see it being short lived if it's allowed, more frustrated cashiers and leading to even stricter mfc coupon wording.
    As it stands now everytime I go to Superstore or WM I see coupon binders galore and shoppers talking about Smart Canucks.. it's great to see and hear for the most part but it also brings out the not-so-greats as well.. at Superstore a couple months back I saw someone with a binder with a sheet full of unused 50% off pink stickers.. hmm why would someone have that?! Mmmhmmm.. I suppose it takes all kinds but this is getting out of control here. Sorry I'm off topic now lol but I'm getting frustrated!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    371 (100%)

I'm with mutchdutch on this one. I haven't been at this long, but when I started most cashiers would take coupons no problem. For the last little while though every single place I've gone just sighs when they see me with coupons, complain that they've had a lot of people using coupons lately and then read every single word on the coupon to make sure it is applicable. I guess they have too many people who are either scamming them or just can't figure it out, and it makes it harder for the rest of us. I say keep it as it is.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

So since mamato3monsters stacked at our Walmart, I thought I would try. No luck. My cashier even double checked with the supervisor and she said no.

In my opinion, stacking should not be any more problematic to stores than regular coupons, though yes, more people are using coupons, and with all the sources, once in a while a person might be wrong. I am sure everyone that uses coupons has been wrong at least once. Certainly stores are not going to stop accepting coupons just because someone tried to use an expired coupon, or US coupon or whatever. In fact, more places are accepting to coupons and stacking than ever before (though some cashiers can be sour). And the more they know (ie. store, cashiers, etc), the better it is for the consumer. Just remember, we are the ones that keep them in business, not the other way around.
    Join Beyond the Rack here and get a $10 credit!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (99%)

i do hope that WM doesn't allow stacking.. for a couple of personal reasons:

1. like most of you, i am tired of going to WM to see empty shelves. the other day, i saw a woman put 30 resolves in her buggy. 30. yes. the shelf was cleared.
    2. i called SOF last week to ask if they PM WM. they said the only store they PM right now is safeway. they said that they might start PMing other stores when the WM supercentre is finished in september to get customers to come in/back as the staff's hours are being cut. i am all for saving money, but in all honesty, one of my reasons for couponing is to stop doing my shopping in the states. i would rather get my stuff from SOF and LD. if WM allowed stacking, the business LD and SOF sees might dwindle down.

Thread Information