User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I have never posted a brag before, but yesterday was such a great day I had to share! I wish I knew how to post pics!!

First, went to CT in the morning and got 15 boxes of Snuggle 20ct sheets for twelve cents each.

Then I heard that our local WM was allowing stacking, so I did what any SC'er would do...got my coupons together and got there in record time to try out a few stacks. This is what I got:

7x L'oreal Hair Expertise products @$3.96 -$2 and $1.50 (from tear pads) = .46 each!!

2x Goldfish Crackers @$2 - .50 (insert) and .50 (tearpad) = $1 each

2x Aveeno Radiance Facial Cleansing Pads @$8.38 -6.00WUB2 (tearpad) and -6.00WUB2(printable) = $2.38 each (EDIT: These coupons were entered incorrectly by the cashier, supposed to be $3 each)

That was all the stacking I did, didn't want to overdo it on the first day!
    I also got

2x Crest @$.88 - .75 (insert) = .13 each

2x Green Giant Natural Selections @3.37 -B1G1 coupon from online (websaver?) = 1.69 each

2x Heinz 1.5L ketchup @3.97 (No coupons, but good deal and we needed it!)

So subtotal before coupons =64.92 -43.37 in coupons = 21.55! +5.55 tax
    Total 27.10!!!

And we weren't done yet! Took DH with me to SDM for the 20x the points. We decided to do ours right after midnight to avoid the crowds..also I like the nightime cashiers better at my SDM. I have been saving all of my FPCs for 20x the points, so I had lots. While we were getting our stuff together, DH spotted some cereal that had ice cream coupons on it...he asked me, "what if we bought that cereal and cut the coupons out right away, could we use those FPCs to get more points?" I was so proud..I have taught him well!! lol. So we did two transactions...

First transaction

6xCinnamon Toast Crunch cereal @4.49 (we thought it was 5.49, but rang in as on sale..yay!)
    2xOld El Paso Fajita kits @5.49
    2xOld El Paso Salsa @4.99 -FPC (WUB Old El Paso Kit)
    5xAspirin 50tab @5.99 - $6 (printable, adjusted to 5.99)

Subtotal $77.85 - $39.93 in coupons = 37.92+3.59tax = 41.51 OOP
    Total points = 15400

Second Transaction

2x 4LMilk @4.09
    1xDoritos @3.79
    2xEggo Waffles @2.79 -FPC
    1xEggo Waffles @2.21 -FPC
    2xOld El Paso Salsa @4.99 -FPC (WUB Old ElPaso Kit) -These coupons were from the kits that we bought in the first transaction
    2xOld El Paso Fajita Kits @5.49
    6xBreyers Ice Cream @4.99 - FPC (From the cereal that we bought in the first transaction)
    18xQuaker Bars @3.99 -FPC

Subtotal 142.48 -119.53 in coupons = 22.95 +9.07tax =32.02 OOP !!
    Total Points = 28400

So $220.33 cost me 60.87+12.66tax for a total of $73.53 OOP, and earned 44,300 points, a value of $93.26 on bonus redemption day!!!

Total value of the items I bought today was $302.05, OOP total was 102.43 (and if I subtract the value of the points I earned, then my OOP would only be 9.17!!)

I consider yesterday to be my early Bday present...it was so much fun!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart, Websaver
    Last edited by LissaLovesCoupons; Sat, Jul 16th, 2011 at 08:20 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Fantastic shopping day! wtg

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Wtg

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thank you!!! After this, and the $200 redemption shop we did last weekend, I think we are set on groceries for a bit. I forgot to mention that the 18 FPCs for the granola bars were from cereal that I got a killer deal on, too. There was a B1G1 sale at a store here, and each box worked out to be 2.24 and had a coupon on it. I bought a lot of them! We go through a ton of cereal with five kids.

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

may I ask where you got the $6 Aveeno coupons??? Did I miss something

as well what snuggle coupon did you use?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

LissaLovesCoupons what a fabulous shop, so glad that you shared it with us!!! I have not attempted the shoppers optimum rewards program but it appears that you have totally mastered it.What an inspiration and it sounds like you also scored with a pretty special DH.
    WTG!!!!!

Learning ...
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!

Midnight
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great shopping! So jealous that you were able to stack at Walmart...hopefully it'll also come to Ontario.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

wow, well done

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I had some printable $1 snuggle coupons...I printed them out for the last time they were on sale, but there wasn't any at CT when I went last time. Apparently they have changed the wording on the currently available printable to exclude the 20ct package, but mine didn't have that exclusion, fortunately, and the store I went to didn't have an issue with accepting them.

The aveeno coupons were both save $3WUB2 of any aveeno products...one was a tearpad coupon that I got from a train and the other is this printable http://coupons.smartcanucks.ca/get/c...a/aveeno-3353/
    I was looking at my receipt when I posted, they were entered as $6 each...but that was a mistake by the cashier. I didn't catch on to that until you posted your question and I looked at the coupons again, so thank you for pointing that out. Sorry I got your hopes up that there was a $6 coupon out there!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

wow, way to go!
    Earn FREE PRIZES, Paypal$, Gift Cards with SWAGBUCKS by searching! Please use my referral, and earn with me. http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/KathyN
    Beyond the rack save up to 90% off clothes and more! http://vnlink.co/Sb7eFax

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Awesome.. did you buy gift cards before paying to maximise your points? I just found out about that, gotta love all the things you learn online.. I absolutely adore that your fella goes with you and thinks of ways to utilise your savings even more.. I'm new to couponing and would love to go with someone.. its so much fun and nice to share the energy that comes from saving .. its part of the whole process I think.. Well done!!!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I think we all should post brags, it helps us know whats out there and shows/inspires us to keep plugging and try stuff. You are an inspiration!!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Great brag! Just wondering...does your SDM enter 2001 code for FPCs? or 2002 code? Mine always does 2002 code...so the value doesn't apply to my 20x points

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks for the nice comments guys...it's great to have somewhere to share the details about those extra awesome shopping days, and learn from each other. I am so glad I found this site...I used to just bore my friends and family to death with my shopping details instead. Of course, they get lots of free stuff from me, so they can't really complain, lol.

@hatherb and MillieH, I agree, Dh is pretty special...he was a bit skeptical about my points collecting at SDM at first, but I took him with me to do a $200 redemption and now he is almost as excited about it as I am!

I did use the gift cards to maximize my points, I also learned that on SC...would never have thought of that on my own, what a great tip! I usually buy a $25 gift card every week and use it to buy milk. We go through nearly a 4l jug a day, so those points add up too. There are so many incredible tips on this site for maximizing your points!

@sweetiedeals, they usually enter FPC as 2001 at the store I go to, luckily for me. Once I had a very nice young man who started to enter them as 2002, but I asked him if he would enter it as 2001 instead...I said that I would rather pay the tax and get the points and he said sure, no problem. I guess I was pretty fortunate..but that's also why I like to go to my SDM at midnight to do the 20x the points, the staff at night is SO much nicer, and more easygoing. I used to go in the daytime and I had nothing but problems with the daytime staff...they refused coupons for no good reason all the time, one girl even told me that my getting toothpaste for free with a coupon was "like stealing". LOL!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information