User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

i have the portable air conditioner going in the living right now as i watch big brither,then it will be down the hall pointing into the computer room where i do all of my work and relax for the night...i have a big black fan that sits anywhere,kinda looks like r2d2,puts out nicely,we have that in the master bedroom at all times...my kid has a small one in his room oscillating constantly..my house is in the sun...no shade hardly ever...oy!

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I stay in the basement when it's super hot and work on the computer..lol
    Stay hydrated with iced drinks like water or brewed tea/coffee.
    Or I go in to the pool in the afternoon to float around!
    We don't have the air conditioning on (trying not to turn it on this year!), but we did get new windows put in the house.
    Opening all of them gets in great airflow and tower fans work great as well. Turn off all the lights!

All I'm wearing this summer are maxi dresses.
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

2 fans & a garden hose! ha. The only AC we have is in my car, so I admit, I've been finding occasional excuses to take drives somewhere in the afternoon.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

Well I'm glad that those that are experiencing the heat are taking it easy and playing it smart! And those that are NOT experiencing a heat wave, consider yourselves lucky! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    TaraF, if it is 26 degrees upstairs, the basement may be cooler.
    If no basement, take a trip to a local mall or retail store with a eating/seating area, until it becomes cooler in the evening
    We do have a basement and I figured it would be cooler too but for some very strange reason it isn't However the repair guy thinks it's either the compressor or conducter that is shot and he got it working at around 8pm tonight (complete fluke if you ask me) but he said that when it turns off during the night then we won't have air because it won't come back on *sighs* He's ordering parts tomorrow but we don't know how long it will take for them to come in so I'm getting my brother and uncle to come by tomorrow and put in 2 air conditioners for us in the windows so that we'll have some relief from the heat.

Good advice however about the mall. I ended up laying down in bed and just fell asleep, heat tends to make me really tired.

@vibrantflame, we recently purchased thermal curtains for our bedroom that are suppose to keep the heat out and cool in (I suspect like yours) both our living room and bedroom had closed drapes today and fans with built in thermostats and I was surprised that the bedroom was about 3 degrees cooler then the living room!

@couponandoff, ummmm you are MORE than welcome to take some of the heat off of our hands here in Ontario!

Quote Originally Posted by TudorChick View Post
    i have the portable air conditioner going in the living right now as i watch big brither,then it will be down the hall pointing into the computer room where i do all of my work and relax for the night...i have a big black fan that sits anywhere,kinda looks like r2d2,puts out nicely,we have that in the master bedroom at all times...my kid has a small one in his room oscillating constantly..my house is in the sun...no shade hardly ever...oy!
    Portable air conditioner? What? Why haven't I heard of this invention before?! lol

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

DH bought a funny gadget from Home Depot last week, it is called a " mister " . You attach the garden hose to one end and then place the mister next to where you are sitting. The ones pictured here are similar to what he got. It is kinda silly but ya, it beats the heat when you are sitting outside.

Other than that I run back inside to the A/C

Also made 2 giant pitchers of lemony iced tea today ( steeped the tea real strong too )

babies teach us acceptance

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    -1 (0%)

We're doing ok. We don't have air, so I think that we're probably better off than those that do. We've had time to climatize to the heat and it's not bothering us too much. We do have a pool, though. When it gets too hot, we jump in that to cool off. Other than that, blinds down and drink lots of water.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

We have C/A but I did make trips outside to sit on the deck and enjoy the fresh air. Too hot for me though. DH loved it. Glad we had a nice thunder storm this morning.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

AC! Even with the AC my poor puppy was more then happy to play with some ice cubes AC at work as well..thank goodness!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I thought I heard thunder this morning WOB.. so far were ok here.. going up to 35 today.. yeesh!..all the curtains are shut.. lights are off i have the fans going.. will spend most of the day in the basement anyway doing laundry.. might head up to the mall to 'sweat it out' a little and get some exercise.

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I've been buying a large iced coffee from McD's for $1 almost every day. So good!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I've been sitting in front of the fan and replaying every hair commercial in my head.

Jhirmack bounce back, beautiful hair...

Salon selectives, like you've just stepped out of a salon...

Wow, they don't even sell those anymore. I'm getting old....

A co-worker with curly hair sat in front of a fan. Four hours later, you could still tell which side was facing the fan. It was all flat on the left side.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I didn't want to be stuck in Toronto this weekend, so my bf and I packed up a few things and went to spend the weekend with my Mum. We spent so much time at the lake. It was wonderful! Now I have a super painful sunburn, but it was worth it!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

It's 28 here at 11 a.m., humidex at 35 - and it's not even the hottest part of the day, yet.

No a/c here... Fan blowing on my side/back, mini fan blowing near my face - it's yucky! Fans in every room, it's all we can do.

I'm stuck at home - sure wish I could go shopping and park myself in the Co-op frozen section! But at least I can sweat it out in private - I'm worried more about my son and husband out working - they both work for a commercial property management company. My son as a labourer could be outside the whole day or inside in a sweltering place removing carpet or something like that. More concerned about husband who usually ends up fixing air conditioners on roofs!

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

no a/c here either

I've retired to the basement until cooler notice with lots of iced tea & popsicles

“For one bad night there are a thousand amazing nights” - Gavin DeGraw

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

How to beat the heat? Easy. Live in BC No sunburns only moss and mold growing on ya

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information