User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Canadian Mark

Thread: Selling Dell A920 Printer

thilipan
    Expired
    hi guys i am selling a printer that i bought an year ago. If anyone would like it you can buy it. The brand is Dell A920

I will sell it for $60. I am willing to haggle.
    This thread is currently associated with: Dell

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

And just to fix that image tag:

Canadian Mark
    *preparing to get hit* Does it come with ink?
    julesie-pie likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A bit off topic, but I just realized that Dell resells Lexmark printers. Not saying this is a bad product, but Lexmark does have a less-than-stellar reputation in their quality.

thilipan
    No it does not come with ink, but one thing about the Lexmark printers. The printers are cheap, but the ink is a rip off. Trust me, never buy lexmark printers. They suck, especially thier ink. If you have a lexmark printer and have ink inside it and dont use it for a while, the ink will DRY out. So better get a printer like an Epson, Canon or an HP.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by thilipan
    No it does not come with ink, but one thing about the Lexmark printers. The printers are cheap, but the ink is a rip off. Trust me, never buy lexmark printers. They suck, especially thier ink. If you have a lexmark printer and have ink inside it and dont use it for a while, the ink will DRY out. So better get a printer like an Epson, Canon or an HP.
    I know personally how crappy lexmarks are. I've switched from Lexmark to HP (but I just HAD to buy a cheaper model with a known defect (or at least it was known by the time it broke) ) and now I'm using an Epson. The problem with Epson is that the nozzle isn't on the cartridge, so you have to print something every week or so to make sure the tube (or whatever they use to get the ink from the cartridge to the nozzle) doesn't clog. If you don't, the cleaning feature works too, but IMO it probably uses a bit more ink than a "light" printout.
    With my old HP, however, you can not print anything for months and the quality will still be great. I think I read somewhere that the issue with Epson is not the system but the "DuraBRITE" ink that they use. I'll see if a refill with more conventional inks will help.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Ouch... $60 sounds too costly for a used printer without ink cartridges.

I bought a brand new Lexmark printer (X5250 all in one) that was on clearance from Staples for only $35 + tax. I know that Lexmark cartridges are expensive but for $35 I couldn’t have gone wrong.

It's an awesome printer. I love its speed and quality.

thilipan
    OK the new price will be watever you can offer. Also a thing about some of the Epson Printers, if you want to refill epson, you have to but this thing that resets the ink cartratridge. And that costs around $25, but its only a one time cost.

Canadian Mark
    Good deal on that Lexmark, Boo. Was that the price at the till, or after mail in rebate? It's not an entirely bad idea to have an extra, brand new in the box, and ready-to-go.

On-clearance is a mighty-cool thing, when it comes to electronics. Since the evolution of electronics is so speedy, there's almost ALWAYS something on clearance.

Thread Information