User Tag List

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    76 (99%)

Anyone Having problems using coupons at the local Walmart? Heard of issues with large quantities and cash back. Heard they were asking for letters from donation companies to verify you can buy a lot of stuff at once shopping trip. Which to me sounds weird. I was not that customer thanks goodness, but was wondering if anyone is having other issues here. I have not so far, although they will not do any special orders for some reason.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

did you happen to notice what the consumer was trying to purchase that they claimed was in excess and required a letter??

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I was there yesterday and they would not allow me to use my $1.50 coupon on Snuggle Sheets even though it clearly stated any Snuggle Fabric Softener because the sheets were not in the picture. As well they would not give me overages on a coupon. I have no idea what is going on but they need to get some training on their coupon policy.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

was is the cashier that gave you a hard time...or the manager?? I was there on Saturday, used a lot of coupons as per usual, barely paid anything and the manager was helping the cashier with it all and it was not a problem?? Im wondering if something has changed, or if some of the cashiers are not knowledgeable?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

it was a cashier and since he didn't seem to have a clue about coupons he had to ask a csr who as well rejected my coupons...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    59 (100%)

That is so annoying Funky!!! I have had similar problems and than have told them to cancel my hold order I do not want anything. Normally at that point the CSM will let it go through. It's obnoxious that we know more about their policies than the staff! Especially the CMS's. That's what really bugs me :S

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Weird I've never had a problem there with coupons. I even asked the CSM (the woman behind the podium by the express checkout) if I should go to customer service to checkout since I had 11 items and coupons for each one of those items (a few for free or overages) and I didn't want to hold up any of the lines.....since this Walmart only ever has 3 cashes open and the lines are always HUGE. She smiled and said not to bother I can just go in the express checkout because the line feeds through to all the cashes so there won't be any hold ups. The cashier was very friendly and thanked me for having the coupons on each specific item. She said it helps a lot when we do that.
    Sorry that some of you guys are having problems. It is not a nice feeling when you are treated like a thief for just using a coupon.
    Get Paypal $$$, Gift Cards and Prizes for FREE!http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cdnbabybubba

Get $5 FREE for signing up & Money Back when you shop online:https://www.pandacashback.com/?ref=270

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Yes exactly. I did email a complaint and was told if I had any further issues then just ask for Natalie from customer service. Hopefully the cashier and customer service lady who rejected my coupons will get further training so it will never happen again.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Good idea to email a complaint - I was there this morning and bought 22 bags of dog food, price matched Canadian tire, used coupons (thanks Jenn) and ended up saving $158.00 (only paid $13) without any problem or hassle. Anyhow, I'm glad that you got some resolve on this issue - too bad it even had to happen though

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tania1980 View Post
    Good idea to email a complaint - I was there this morning and bought 22 bags of dog food, price matched Canadian tire, used coupons (thanks Jenn) and ended up saving $158.00 (only paid $13) without any problem or hassle. Anyhow, I'm glad that you got some resolve on this issue - too bad it even had to happen though
    Glad I could help you out! Congrats on the cheap doggie food.

Thread Information