User Tag List

Thread: Zellers

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Hello, anyone having problems at the Zellers in tillicum? My husband was just in there buying the purex on sale for $3 and the $3 coupon. The cashier called the manager who said you can't use a coupon on a sale item?! Anyone else have that problem there?

My husband called me after he left, or I would have had him pick up a flyer to price match. I don't know if my Walmart in Duncan would PM Victoria.

I used the same coupon for 2 the last time they were on sale there a few months ago, without a problem. Will wait for them to go on sale here again I guess.
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Walmart, Zellers

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I think it has something to do with them switching to Target. Its a stupid policy and you'll just spend your money at Walmart and get the product at the same price so they lose, not you

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I had some major problems I just PM at walmart

HMW
    Female
    CaToonie
    Trading Score
    123 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sookebunny View Post
    Me too! I even wrote customer service and their opinion is we shouldn't be getting anything free with coupons doesn't matter if it reg price, sale or clearence!

HMW
    Female
    CaToonie
    Trading Score
    123 (100%)

And i've pm'd duncan walmart np... I just get the flyers from my parents

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sookebunny View Post
    me too ... still go in to get the flyer and look up the clearance section and buy special for which I don't have coupons but it cost me $1 to "shop" there a couple weeks.....I abandonned my cart at the till so imagine the rest of my experience that day
    over$1200 in redemtion & Gift Card in 2013

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Zellers at Tillicum is probably the most anti-couponing store I've been too (which sucks since they were pretty pro-coupons when I started out). I avoided it as much as possible. They have "The one coupon per transaction" instead of the correct "One coupon per item" mantra in their store and they won't let you use coupons on sale items because "it can't be combined with any other promotion."

The Zellers at Hillside is so much better.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I was wondering about hillside, I havent had any problems there in the past, but I hadnt until now at this one. This is the response I got from Zellers HO today.

Dear Ms. ,

Thank you for your email informing us that you were not able to use the
    coupons at Zellers Victoria Tillicum stores.

We sincerely apologize as you were not able to use the coupon.

The following is the criteria for the acceptance of coupons at our
    Zellers stores.

. The coupon has NOT expired.
    . The coupon applies to the exact item being purchased (including size
    illustrated, regardless of whether it' actually stated on the coupon).
    . The coupon is valid for redemption in Canada (and not just valid for
    redemption in the USA).
    . The clearing house address is a Canadian address and not American.
    . The value of the coupon should never result in receiving the product
    for free or almost free.

There are some important exceptions while redeeming the coupons such as,
    certain vendors have declared that they do not post any of their
    manufacturer coupons on the internet. Consequently, these vendors
    reserve the right to inform retailers that we should not accept any
    internet coupons for redemption towards any of their products purchased
    in our stores. The manufacturer generally states on the coupon how many
    coupons can be used and if the coupon can be combined with any other
    offers or promotions.If an item is on promo and if the coupon that is
    being redeemed does not result in giving the product for free then the
    coupon will be honored.

Should you require further assistance please contact Zellers Customer
    Service at 1-888-226-2225 Monday through Saturday 8am to Midnight,
    Sunday 10am to 9pm EST.

We appreciate your business and look forward to continue serving you at
    our Zellers stores.

Regards,

Phalguni
    Customer Service Representative
    [email protected]

-----
    I basically told them I WILL still get YOUR sale prices by ad matching everywhere else, using my coupons AND buying the rest of my items.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I like that can not be used to make the item free. They suck

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Wow, that is the most ridiculous policy ever!! Why should they care if we get it for free or not, if they are still getting the money back for the coupon...why is it SO HARD for stores to understand that using a coupon is really NO DIFFERENT than paying with cash... we are still paying them!! They should be happy that we choose to use our coupons in their store, it is no different than choosing to spend money in their store and we should be treated with the same respect and courtesy as any other customers, not like we are trying to scam them or something. I mean, if I went in there with my mom, and she paid for my items instead of me paying for them, would they care? Would they say "she's paying, and you're getting that for free so that's not allowed???" They sure wouldn't! So how is it different if the manufacturer pays for our items? GRRRRRR!! Sorry guys, I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but this just makes me so frustrated!!! I hardly ever shop at Zellers and I don't think I've ever used coupons there, but I sure won't be going there for anything now.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LissaLovesCoupons View Post
    Wow, that is the most ridiculous policy ever!! Why should they care if we get it for free or not, if they are still getting the money back for the coupon...why is it SO HARD for stores to understand that using a coupon is really NO DIFFERENT than paying with cash... we are still paying them!! They should be happy that we choose to use our coupons in their store, it is no different than choosing to spend money in their store and we should be treated with the same respect and courtesy as any other customers, not like we are trying to scam them or something. I mean, if I went in there with my mom, and she paid for my items instead of me paying for them, would they care? Would they say "she's paying, and you're getting that for free so that's not allowed???" They sure wouldn't! So how is it different if the manufacturer pays for our items? GRRRRRR!! Sorry guys, I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but this just makes me so frustrated!!! I hardly ever shop at Zellers and I don't think I've ever used coupons there, but I sure won't be going there for anything now.
    After they called me a welfare Bum I have not been back. But i did buy a new freezer from the bay since they are great to me.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

WHAT?!?! they called you that?? holy crap. I would have lost it!! i hope someone lost their job over that. That policy is the stupidest thing I've ever read. I just don't understand how in today's market their going to survive with policy's like that.. who know's maybe they dont want to survive....

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I wrote in that didn't help, I just got the run around. So I called the 1-800 number and asked for the number to head office called that number left a msg on someone VM and got a call back.

The lady was shocked and sent me 20.00 Gift card. And i am pretty sure the lady got fired. The store would not even do anything. The acting manger on duty said she would get the manger to call me back. But she never took my number or name. Weird huh

Thread Information