User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

The federal government has released the names and photos of 30 people it says entered Canada illegally. (website below)

The federal government says there are stringent measures to prevent war criminals from entering Canada, but it can be difficult to spot those who apply for asylum using false passports. They do stop hundreds every year.

These individuals are the subject of an active Canada-wide warrant for removal because they are inadmissible to Canada. It has been determined that they violated human or international rights under the Crimes Against Humanity and War Crimes Act or under international law.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/wc-cg/menu-eng.html
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Jul 21st, 2011 at 03:40 PM.

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

well it's not going to be easy to identify the guys w/o pictures...
    You know you want free stuff too! Join Swagbucks with me http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cdiddy1

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Click on the website, there are pics, aliases, last known location

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Jeepers!! Four of them their last known address was Scarborough?? WTH?

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Why on earth were they allowed entry into Canada in the first place

Never met a dog or coupon I didn't like.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Cause Canada is too bloody leniant on who we let it.

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Jeepers!! Four of them their last known address was Scarborough?? WTH?
    I thought of you when I read that.
    You know you want free stuff too! Join Swagbucks with me http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cdiddy1

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Click on the website, there are pics, aliases, last known location
    when I checked out the site earlier a couple of pics said "no picture available" but I see they are up now.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Well, they got the first arrest!

The federal government says the first of 30 suspected war criminals believed to be living illegally in Canada has been arrested by immigration officials.The arrest of Cristobal Gonzalez-Ramirez in Alberta early Friday came just one day after Ottawa launched a website identifying men accused of committing or being accomplices to war crimes.
    The 44-year-old Honduran is alleged to have been a member of a special army unit in his homeland.
    He was taken into custody by Canada Border Service Agency officers after several tips from the public.
    Immigration Minister Jason Kenney said tips were also coming in on other cases.
    "Their information really can help us to resolve some of these long-standing cases," Kenney said outside CBSA offices in Old Montreal.
    "We owe it to Canadians to ensure that those who are not welcome in this country because of their suspected involvement in such serious crimes such as war crimes and crimes against humanity are removed."
    The website was launched in an effort to drum up new leads that could help track and deport the suspected war criminals.
    Gonzalez-Ramirez appeared on that list. Kenney said he couldn't go into much detail about his arrest. His last known address was in Edmonton but Kenney did not want to reveal where he was nabbed.
    Four phone calls came into Canada Border Service Agency's tip line on Thursday about Gonzalez-Ramirez.
    "This is an individual who we believe belonged to a special army unit in Honduras which was involved in crimes," Kenney said.
    According to Kenney, Gonzalez-Ramirez made a refugee claim in 2006. In August 2007, the Immigration and Refugee Board declared him inadmissible to Canada.
    Kenney said a 2009 pre-removal assessment showed no indication he'd face any danger if he was sent home. He was scheduled for removal in March 2010 but vanished.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/kenney-says...210738284.html

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

funny most of the guys listed there last known place of address was in ontario...
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

They've gotten the fifth one -Abraham Bahaty Bayavuge, Ottawa
    4th - Henry Pantoja Carbonel, Toronto area
    3rd - Manuel De La Torre Herrera, Toronto area
    2ns - Arshad Muhammad

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by recessionisnotfun View Post
    cause canada is too bloody leniant on who we let it.
    a m e n !!!!!

Never met a dog or coupon I didn't like.

Trading Score
    32 (97%)

hmm nope havent seen a one... but I looked ..my good deed for the day

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Does it bother anyone that they're simply being deported back to their countries instead of facing prosecution in Canada? I'm not familiar with the legality of it all, but it seems Amnesty International in Canada is concerned...

Canada has created an online "wanted" list of 30 suspected war criminals, but the government says it just wants to get them out of the country, and will not make any finding of their guilt or innocence.

But human rights activists say Canada has a responsibility to prosecute the suspects.

Alex Neve of Amnesty International Canada says deporting the suspects avoids using Canada's justice system to deal with them.

The countries where some of the suspects are being deported to have poor records of prosecuting war criminals, meaning there is no guarantee they will ever be tried for their alleged crimes.

The Canadian government has not released any information on the exact nature of the crimes the alleged war criminals have been accused of.

Just curious if anyone knows whether they can or should be prosecuted here or if they feel their own countries will bring justice to their victims...Personally I feel they should face prosecution in their own countries, esp if they have the death penalty. I don't feel we should pay their living expenses here in jail for crimes they committed in other countries. This is what bothers me about Amnesty International: they do some very good work...then they suggest that we're responsible for their trials. It just seems wrong.
    Isn't this where the international justice system of The Hague should come in handy?
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Jul 29th, 2011 at 02:32 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Send them back, I don't want any of my tax money to send them to trial. Just the plane ticket is enough. Bon Voyage.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information