User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I don't shelf clear but I will buy extras that I don't need to share if a product is a super good deal. Maybe the policy being changed to limit the amount of a particular item a person can buy would be a good thing. They need to put this in black on white. If there isn't a rule... all fair game. They shouldn't single people out and for sure shouldn't be talking about their customers to other customers. People are rude all the time... nothing we can do about it. While we are at it, what about those arseholes who pull up right by the door while someone runs in for "Just 1 thing" ... park your damn car... it makes it harder to see the people crossing and the entrance congested!
    My issue lays in the fact that they have went through such trouble to advise cashiers to page a manager when they see a customer. This is so unprofessional and further so that the cashier repeated it to a random customer. I have long hair and although I don't own a purple coat... I had to wonder.... Jeez are they talking about me? I would be horrified if I were being watched in particular by Walmart employees.

Don't get me wrong- What the person is doing isn't nice but if someone went into Dominion and bought all the bread that was on sale just because it was 99cents. Who cares if they paids via coupon, cash, credit, debit or IOU.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mmilley0730 View Post
    I don't shelf clear but I will buy extras that I don't need to share if a product is a super good deal. Maybe the policy being changed to limit the amount of a particular item a person can buy would be a good thing. They need to put this in black on white. If there isn't a rule... all fair game. They shouldn't single people out and for sure shouldn't be talking about their customers to other customers. People are rude all the time... nothing we can do about it. While we are at it, what about those arseholes who pull up right by the door while someone runs in for "Just 1 thing" ... park your damn car... it makes it harder to see the people crossing and the entrance congested!
    My issue lays in the fact that they have went through such trouble to advise cashiers to page a manager when they see a customer. This is so unprofessional and further so that the cashier repeated it to a random customer. I have long hair and although I don't own a purple coat... I had to wonder.... Jeez are they talking about me? I would be horrified if I were being watched in particular by Walmart employees.

Don't get me wrong- What the person is doing isn't nice but if someone went into Dominion and bought all the bread that was on sale just because it was 99cents. Who cares if they paids via coupon, cash, credit, debit or IOU.
    i think the issue lays often when someone buys in excess and doesn't pre-order it leaves big blank spots on the shelf, it makes other customers unhappy(stores try to please as many customers as possible not just one or two), it also throws off the order balance ( it's the whole supply and demand... if there's more demand and no supply it upsets people and it throws off their stock, a store cannot prepare for shelf clearers) i know many stores thrive to have a 99.9 stock making sure you can always find what your looking for (and they get in trouble from the head office if the numbers drop too significantly) people also come to depend on stores to always have stock.. imagine if you needed aspirin and you went to walmart.. and there was none.

i don't think there is anything wrong with buying a healthy amount and a few extra to share with friends or family but if your buying 60+ of a product like shave gel or aspirin it can hit that excessive mark
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Finally a reply I can agree with! Yes I agree that the store needs to keep stock and please as many customers as possible "imagine if you needed aspirin and you went to walmart.. and there was none" people who need it will get the bigger one. But yes I see where you are coming from.
    When the shave cream went on... I bought 6. Sure I probably only needed 3 but I bought more. If there was only 7 on the shelf or 300 I still would have bought 6.
    They should set the limits in a broadbrush mannor and not blame it on a single customer. They really shouldn't be giving breif descriptions of previous customers and their purchases - That's my beef.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i think the issue lays often when someone buys in excess and doesn't pre-order it leaves big blank spots on the shelf, it makes other customers unhappy(stores try to please as many customers as possible not just one or two), it also throws off the order balance ( it's the whole supply and demand... if there's more demand and no supply it upsets people and it throws off their stock, a store cannot prepare for shelf clearers) i know many stores thrive to have a 99.9 stock making sure you can always find what your looking for (and they get in trouble from the head office if the numbers drop too significantly) people also come to depend on stores to always have stock.. imagine if you needed aspirin and you went to walmart.. and there was none.

i don't think there is anything wrong with buying a healthy amount and a few extra to share with friends or family but if your buying 60+ of a product like shave gel or aspirin it can hit that excessive mark

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I feel so bad for making my post now I wasn't intending it on singling someone out, not even sure why I put in the description. I was just trying to get my point across as to what the cashier told me...scared me a little that some people out there were ruining it for us. Now from reading mmilley's posts it wasn't right for the cashier to tell me any of that and I too would feel horrible if someone was waiting or following me as I shopped.
    Last night alone I used 56 coupons on all my products. We were low on everything it seemed but there were some great deals.
    I too purchased a few shaving cream to give out to my family and hubby. I got 9. But when someone goes and picks up 50 or more of something that is just crazy. If it's something your family uses a lot of then sure buy what you need for a few months.
    and again sorry if I offended or upset anyone, wasn't my intentions at all.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Well I appreciate that you shared with us and I don't think you should feel bad at all. From now on I am going to be more aware of cashier behaviour. Hit home with me because I know that a few cashiers there know when I get cashed out that I am going to use coupons and I shop with a binder. I have long hair so... they might think I am some type of Walmart nemesis. I sometimes hold up the line because I Ad/Pricematch A LOT. Then a lot of the time I use coupons on the items I Ad Match. Some cashiers take it as they come but I have faced some nasty customer service for this. Which doesn't make sense because it's an offer they have and I have yet to find a rule that says you can only pricematch one product. I play by the rules but am made to feel like a criminal.

56 coupons! What did ya get?

Quote Originally Posted by ccandth View Post
    I feel so bad for making my post now I wasn't intending it on singling someone out, not even sure why I put in the description. I was just trying to get my point across as to what the cashier told me...scared me a little that some people out there were ruining it for us. Now from reading mmilley's posts it wasn't right for the cashier to tell me any of that and I too would feel horrible if someone was waiting or following me as I shopped.
    Last night alone I used 56 coupons on all my products. We were low on everything it seemed but there were some great deals.
    I too purchased a few shaving cream to give out to my family and hubby. I got 9. But when someone goes and picks up 50 or more of something that is just crazy. If it's something your family uses a lot of then sure buy what you need for a few months.
    and again sorry if I offended or upset anyone, wasn't my intentions at all.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

thanks
    I'm the same way too though. I am always price matching and I always use coupons on almost everything I buy. There is this really nice guy that I always try to get but he wasn't working last night. They might be talking about me as soon as I leave...who cares at this point LOL
    I PM the axe from zellers and used the b1g1(got 4)
    Pm'd the purex from Zellers $3 used $3 off, got 2
    PM'd the green works as well from CT (got 7 cleaners and 2 dishsoap)
    got 4 dove on for $3 used $1 off
    got 5 bottles of lacoupe (daughter has curly hair so it's great)
    3 mccain pizza $3 used $1 off
    4 fish crackers $2 used $.50 off
    yogurt tubes can't remember price but used the $.50
    2 boxes of corn pops 2.98 used b2s1
    free always pads
    free polysporin
    2 free dr.orker mouse
    2 free nesquick
    3 $2 off coupons for milk (had a legitimate complaint and scotsburn have been so hard to deal with, had to send them the containers which I didn't mind but took months and lots of calling later for $6, never even replaced my 3 2l cartons I purchased that I had problems with but oh well lol)
    hmm can't remember the rest...but I know I'm missing somethings.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

I hate superstore due to the fact that they put limits on things. That's why I don't shop there much anymore. I'd say 95% of the food I buy there is no coupons for them anyways. I just have my cash in hand. It's hard to stock up prepairing for the winter months when work is dead when they limit you say to 2 items. If I want 4 items, I pay in a seperate transaction or hubby goes to another till. When I pay cash and no coupons and I can't even buy what I want, it's frusterating. I hope they only put the limits on the coupon items at the time (walmart)

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

i'll admit i'm getting frustrated every time i see a post about the advil and the overage.. i completely agree with them putting a "household cap" on products bought with coupons.. because of the overage people are buying things just to make $$$ sure it's nice to make a bit of money off the coupons.. to have a bit of overage to cover the rest of your basket purchases (milk, bread, soup, dry goods kinda thing) but to go in and clear the shelf of a product you can't use (buying in excess.. and this goes for not just aspirin) just to get overage makes me sad... when walmart put in this overage policy i don't think they expected it to be used as a cash cow.. and if people keep going in and using it as such they may just change the policy
    I totally agree with you. A little overage on a coupon is a great little perk.. but if we abuse it we will loose it.. that would be sad..

Banned
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mmilley0730 View Post
    I am so glad that I have never used a single coupon to get a bottle of resolve or asprin at Walmart. Otherwise this would be really embarassing! I often show that Walmart and use a lot of coupons. On the otherside of the coin, the cashier should never tell you that about another customer and they should not be ging cutomers like that when they haven't done anything illegal. If someone uses a million coupons ahead of me, it's none of my business!
    hey i have to agree with you...nobody knows this lady in purple's situation, she could need to do this, for all i know she may have 6 kids to feed. she is obv looking for overages, whether shes putting the extra money toward food or deals at another store or maybe back to school clothes, whatever! its no oneselse's business let alone the cashier. And thats why its called EXTREME COUPONING! ....ohh and buy the way how many times do you think walmart sells 50 asprins to one customer? i think walmart is pretty damn happy to sell 50 asprins to one customer, they are gettin their money back! Aswell if you were to go into that same walmart and check the pharmacy you will find asprin in the larger size boxes for 6.99, so if ya needs um go get em! lol happy shopping!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I absolutely agree that there is a difference between getting a few for yourself and even for some friends, compared to taking complete advantage, Some stores even are against resellers and when someone loads up on 50 bottles of aspirin it looks fishy, and in my eyes the person looks like a restocker. Not to mention it makes it harder for others who want a deal. Then again, the person did earn their coupons, but still gluttonous.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Its kinda not fair though. I use one coupon at walmart and I don't even get the overage Yet she basically got paid to shop. I wish all the walmarts had the same policy. I think they are supposed to but hey Quebec likes to be different :/

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I try to use coupons as often as I can (with two people in the household with disabilities and on special diets) I need all the help I can get. I admit that sometimes it ticks me off if I run in to get something, and it's sold out, but I just figure that's life. I collect pretty much every coupon that comes my way, and what I don't need for myself I pass on to family and friends. I've yet to use any coupons printed off the internet, but I have a few now that are too good to pass up... just hoping the store doesn't give me any grief over them. Anyhow, happy couponing to all.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kita kat View Post
    hey i have to agree with you...nobody knows this lady in purple's situation, she could need to do this, for all i know she may have 6 kids to feed. she is obv looking for overages, whether shes putting the extra money toward food or deals at another store or maybe back to school clothes, whatever! its no oneselse's business let alone the cashier. And thats why its called EXTREME COUPONING! ....ohh and buy the way how many times do you think walmart sells 50 asprins to one customer? i think walmart is pretty damn happy to sell 50 asprins to one customer, they are gettin their money back! Aswell if you were to go into that same walmart and check the pharmacy you will find asprin in the larger size boxes for 6.99, so if ya needs um go get em! lol happy shopping!
    IF they get the money back.. with coupon abuse and fraudulent coupons running rapid now a days websites have pulled printables (like the $6 aspirin) from their website when they feel that they are being abused, wording gets changed, policies get updated
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Banned
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

IF they get the money back.. with coupon abuse and fraudulent coupons running rapid now a days websites have pulled printables (like the $6 aspirin) from their website when they feel that they are being abused, wording gets changed, policies get updated
    Well I had 11 Asprin at the one time, my total came to 114 dollars and paid a 1.85, and had all the employees and customers clap to see what i have achieved, the only problem with the asprin coupon is that some people get pissed off because they cannot achieve what others have. Its called jealousy.

What im doing is extreme couponing... what are you doing?
    Last edited by kita kat; Wed, Aug 17th, 2011 at 04:10 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Why can everyone else use the Aspirin coupons but meeee???
    Mine were denied #1 because its one per purchase and #2 because WM Mount Pearl wont take any coupon with overage...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information